Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Silva's camp: Sonnen crossed a line, not in position to determine champ's return date

Print  
Who wins the rematch?
Anderson Silva 35 49%
Chael Sonnen 37 51%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Chael Sonnen is funny, sure. But he's crossed the line, manager Ed Soares today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"First the guy gets in trouble for fraud, then he tests positive for steroids, and now he wants to kick in someone's door and slap their wife in the ass? This guy should be in jail; he shouldn't be fighting," the Anderson Silva rep said.

Sonnen called out the middleweight champ in a post-fight interview following his victory over Brian Stann at this past weekend's UFC 136 event. But the fighter's comments a week prior set things off, Soares said.

During his pre-fight media duties for the pay-per-view event, Sonnen gave a racy provocation to MMA broadcaster Mauro Renallo.

"You tell Anderson Silva I'm coming over and I'm kicking down his backdoor and patting his little lady on the ass, and I'm telling her to make me a steak, medium-rare, just how I like it," the trash-talking champ said.

Cameras showed Silva smiling and feigning concern during Sonnen's brief post-fight speech. Afterward, though, UFC president Dana White said the champ's true feelings were hidden.

"Those guys really don't like each other," White said. "I don't know if Chael really hates Anderson, but Anderson – I don't know if any of you saw his face when [Chael] won, but he wasn't doing the whole joking around thing. He was pissed. He's really upset bout the smack-his-wife-on-the-butt thing."

Soares said Silva doesn't hate Sonnen, but "he definitely doesn't respect him for the things that he's saying. Hyping up the fight is one thing, but I think you cross the line when you start talking about people's family."

LINK

Post #1   10/10/11 2:42:49PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
So basically, Ed & Andy don't want any part of Chael

Last edited 10/10/11 3:26PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   10/10/11 3:25:56PM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:857-609
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
Three people picked against Silva? Chael_Sonnen must have created two more accounts to vote for his hero.

Post #3   10/10/11 4:10:29PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Three people picked against Silva? Chael_Sonnen must have created two more accounts to vote for his hero.

Yep, he runs my account and votes for whomever he wants with my account as well.

I can't blame Anderson or Black House for being upset. Normally I'd say he's just butthurt about it, but I can see where he would have a legitimate gripe. All the more reason he should want this rematch, just so that he could potentially rub Chael's face in it. Not to mention, this rematch could potentially top the PPV/Gate numbers if it happens.

Post #4   10/10/11 4:26:15PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,336-1,645
Camp: country KO
Chips:
You can't deny that Chael did incredibly well against Silva in the first fight and I think he's smart enough to watch for the triangle this time. I say Chael takes the rematch unanimous decision.

Post #5   10/10/11 4:34:23PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
8-11 for Sonnen huh?

Lmao i do hope so. Sonnen is going to do worse the second time around.

Post #6   10/10/11 4:35:53PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,376-760
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by thepitbull00

You can't deny that Chael did incredibly well against Silva in the first fight and I think he's smart enough to watch for the triangle this time. I say Chael takes the rematch unanimous decision.

72.73% of Sonnen's 11 losses are by submission. I don't think he learned anything other than to not piss off the athletic commission.

Last edited 10/10/11 5:10PM server time by telnights

Post #7   10/10/11 5:10:18PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:

Posted by thepitbull00

if you think he's gonna learn it because he's fought Silva before, then why did he keep losing to Jeremy Horn? He fought him 3 times and never learned how to win

Post #8   10/10/11 5:42:23PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by thepitbull00

if you think he's gonna learn it because he's fought Silva before, then why did he keep losing to Jeremy Horn? He fought him 3 times and never learned how to win

to be fair one of those losses was a cut and that was earlier in Chael's career.

i think there will be several triangle attempts, especially since Sonnen left his hand back AGAIN against Stann right before the ref stood them up (one of the worst stand-ups in recent memory). i hope he learned his lesson, but i am more concerned about him passing the guard. i personally think he will pass more and avoid those guard situations. either way i know all of us will be glued to the tv/monitor

Post #9   10/10/11 6:24:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

So basically, Ed & Andy don't want any part of Chael

and im fairly certain they would also back away from a Hendo rematch again.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   10/10/11 7:24:34PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by thepitbull00

to be fair one of those losses was a cut and that was earlier in Chael's career.

i think there will be several triangle attempts, especially since Sonnen left his hand back AGAIN against Stann right before the ref stood them up (one of the worst stand-ups in recent memory). i hope he learned his lesson, but i am more concerned about him passing the guard. i personally think he will pass more and avoid those guard situations. either way i know all of us will be glued to the tv/monitor

it was also to a lesser opponent then Silva.

Post #11   10/10/11 7:48:03PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
for some reason I feel that anderson will take him out in the 1st rd by vicious KO, im not sold yet on anyone beating silva but jones

Post #12   10/10/11 9:01:49PM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:857-609
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
Anderson did nothing but embarrass Sonnen. It was obvious he let Chael think he was doing well just so he could add insult to injury. Too bad Sonnen isn't a good enough fighter to understand this. Anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Anderson wont be so nice next time. In a rematch it will be Anderson Silva TKO 1st Round within 2 minutes. Chael will disappear into obscurity. Thanks for the stupid comments Sonnen, it was the best you could do to sell your boring ass fights.

Last edited 10/11/11 12:39AM server time by belxavier420

Post #13   10/11/11 12:36:27AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Anderson did nothing but embarrass Sonnen. It was obvious he let Chael think he was doing well just so he could add insult to injury. Too bad Sonnen isn't a good enough fighter to understand this. Anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. Anderson wont be so nice next time. In a rematch it will be Anderson Silva TKO 1st Round within 2 minutes. Chael will disappear into obscurity. Thanks for the stupid comments Sonnen, it was the best you could do to sell your boring ass fights.

This is coming from the guy who claimed before UFC 136 that Chael was a "joke" and was going to get knocked out in the first round by Stann. How did that work out for you? I love Brian Stann, I have so much respect for the guy but Chael absolutely destroyed him, Stann should not have been in the same cage as Sonnen that night. You say Sonnen has "boring ass fights" yet he just finished Stann after making him look like a rookie for two rounds. This is coming from a big fan of the All American. I just don't see how you give Sonnen no credit after he just beat a tough guy and someone you are obviously a fan of too so easily.

And no, Anderson didn't wait till the end of the fight to finish Sonnen to make a point, that is a ridiculous notion. Anderson Silva is a professional. His entire way of life is based on being the champion. He would not risk his reputation, the fame, the money and everything else that comes with being the champ by waiting for a submission that may or may not come, Anderson pulled it off when he did because he is a great fighter and he capitalized on a mistake when it finally presented itself. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post #14   10/11/11 3:40:08AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

if you seriously believe Anderson let Chael destroy him for 4 1/2 rounds you are absolutely delusional. you are the one who is kidding yourself; it is obvious you don't train or know anything about getting in the cage/ring. it is a fist fight, you never "let" your opponent do anything, one punch or position can end it all.

there is the possibility that Silva was injured, but in no way shape or form did he intentionally wait until the 5th round to finish him. it is gross how you let your extreme bias cloud your judgement and allow yourself to say such stupid things like Anderson wasn't trying until the 5th round. it's disgusting

Post #15   10/11/11 11:51:12AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2