Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

chael v anderson who you got? why?

Print  
who do you think will win.
Chael 11 38%
Anderson 18 62%
Posted By Message

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
who and why?

I want anderson to win, i think chael might....

Post #1   10/10/11 9:16:33AM   

poppa_gump

Learning to Sprawl

poppa_gump Avatar

Career:1,031-590
Camp: Nuthin But The Best
Chips:
Mr. Anderson Silva will take the rematch. All Anderson has to do is defend the takedown and it's over, cause there is no way that Chael can stand with him.

Post #2   10/10/11 11:59:00AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Anderson. he beat him once he will do it again. Last time he was injured this time hopfully he will not be hurt. Everyone talks that he was rocked but if you watch again he kept his hand low trying to prepare for the takedown. also lets not forget he rocked sonnen as well. AND finished Sonnen

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   10/10/11 12:17:31PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by poppa_gump

Mr. Anderson Silva will take the rematch. All Anderson has to do is defend the takedown and it's over, cause there is no way that Chael can stand with him.

Not sure if you watched the first fight but Chael clocked anderson a couple times, all about timing

Post #4   10/13/11 9:32:47PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by poppa_gump

that's a big task to handle. Chael was actually winning the striking, and that was only because the threat of the takedown was so great that he lost focus in the striking game.

no has proven to be able to stop Sonnen's clinch or takedowns. the only one who has done it is Maia, and he hit a lateral drop that no one saw coming. Anderson's best chance in this fight is to manage his distance and be incredibl active off his back. he can't be too worried about the takedown or he will get outstruck. he needs to implement his plan, and if worst comes to worst, keep a very active guard to stifle Chael's offense.

on the flip side, Chael has been working with a new JJ coach and his passes/submissions attempts looked leaps and bounds better. Chael even displayed great round-to-round adjustments with his grappling and i am extremely curious to see how he does against a healthy Anderson that isn't taking him lightly.

as of now, i'm picking Chael because he is the Overlord of all humanity, but realistically it is a toss up and i am excited to see who comes out on top.

Post #5   10/14/11 1:44:57AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by poppa_gump

I beg to differ. Unlike most of Anderson Silva's opponents, Chael is not intimidated by Anderson's striking and matrix movements. Chael rocked Anderson in their first fight during the stand up.

Anderson does have a better stand up than Chael but to say Chael stands no chance is bending the fabric of time, space and reality.

Post #6   10/14/11 3:52:33AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
And btw, Chael is very deserving of this fight. He is as deserving as all or most of Anderson's prior opponents. Look at Silva's past title defenses and there should be some questionable opponents who probably did or did not deserve the title shot(s).

Post #7   10/14/11 3:57:56AM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,315-754
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This is a toss up for me but I honestly think Anderson will take this. I know Chael dominated the first fight but I think this fight will go a lot differently and Silva will look much better

Post #8   10/14/11 11:34:08AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

And btw, Chael is very deserving of this fight. He is as deserving as all or most of Anderson's prior opponents. Look at Silva's past title defenses and there should be some questionable opponents who probably did or did not deserve the title shot(s).

I agree that Chael is deserving, and that he is as deserving as most of Anderson's prior opponents. But i think it needs to be said that Every champ who's had as many title fights as Anderson is going to have a couple questionable opponents. Gsp, Fedor, Bj Penn, Chuck. All of them.

Post #9   10/15/11 12:03:45AM