Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC72 no longer on Spike TV

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Am I exagerating when I say UFC72 may be the worst card in the past 5 years? Maybe a little.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/10/07 3:41:15PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
That's really dissappointing... Not only will it be on tape delay, but we have to pay for it too... And the card does look a little lackluster, but I think Okami / Franklin & Guida / Griffin will both make it worth while... Just a bummer that they'd tease us like that...

Post #2   5/10/07 4:25:03PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

That's really dissappointing... Not only will it be on tape delay, but we have to pay for it too... And the card does look a little lackluster, but I think Okami / Franklin & Guida / Griffin will both make it worth while... Just a bummer that they'd tease us like that...

Agreed...I would think that they would try to add another high profile match to the card...it was a fine card for free, but one more good fight could make the difference in my decision to cop up 40 bucks.

Post #3   5/10/07 5:15:22PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Anyone else think that Forrest vs Hector Ramierz is gonna be a great stand up fight??

Post #4   5/11/07 12:17:41PM   

unchillphil

MMA Regular

unchillphil Avatar

Career:2,278-1,250
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Anyone else think that Forrest vs Hector Ramierz is gonna be a great stand up fight??

It won't be on tape delay, at least not here in Canada. For those who didn't know, UFC 70 was NOT on tape delay. It was possible to order the PPV live (3pm Eastern). Of course, not many people did it since it was shown for free in the evening. I had an imprtant date with my girlfriend (her birthday), so I did dish out the 40$ anyway and I wasn't disapointed.

Post #5   5/11/07 12:31:54PM   

CaseyKrajenka

MMA Regular

CaseyKrajenka Avatar

Career:20-12
Chips:
Yeah I'm not too sure of the card of UFC72 either. About the only figh tthat really appeals to me is Franklin's, and thats only because I'm a huge Rich Franklin fan.

Post #6   5/11/07 2:42:45PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by unchillphil

Posted by madmarck

It won't be on tape delay, at least not here in Canada. For those who didn't know, UFC 70 was NOT on tape delay. It was possible to order the PPV live (3pm Eastern). Of course, not many people did it since it was shown for free in the evening. I had an imprtant date with my girlfriend (her birthday), so I did dish out the 40$ anyway and I wasn't disapointed.

So are they going to market the PPV to be shown live at 2 or 3 or whatever? I know the time difference isn't as large, but I'd just assume that they would do it like Pride did it for all those years...

I didn't know 70 was on PPV... I would have rather ordered it I think... Less commercials and from what I hear, I would have got to see the Machida fight.

Post #7   5/11/07 4:02:18PM