Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Despite massive upset, UFC 136's Joe Lauzon doesn't consider it his greatest hit

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Lauzon has never had a suspect chin and his stand-up has been quite underrated imo especially going into this fight. The problem Lauzon has had is his cardio and if he could get that together he would've been a title contender for awhile now.
Great hands
Great jits
Very Good takedowns
Cardio still a question mark.
Luckily he's still young. Can't wait to see who he fights next.

Post #16   10/10/11 12:36:43AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Lauzon has never had a suspect chin and his stand-up has been quite underrated imo especially going into this fight. The problem Lauzon has had is his cardio and if he could get that together he would've been a title contender for awhile now.
Great hands
Great jits
Very Good takedowns

I disagree that he has great takedowns. As I see it, his problem is this:

He has decent stand-up. His ground game is great. But, he can't always get it down. The reason he gasses is because he wastes so much energy on the takedown.

Post #17   10/10/11 11:27:34AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by DevonFoxy

Great hands
Great jits
Very Good takedowns

I disagree that he has great takedowns. As I see it, his problem is this:

He has decent stand-up. His ground game is great. But, he can't always get it down. The reason he gasses is because he wastes so much energy on the takedown.

Perhaps that's why he gasses but he has taken down pretty much anyone he wants in the first rd including Ken Flo.

Post #18   10/10/11 11:39:44AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2