Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

As with Rolles Gracie, UFC 136's Joey Beltran eager to ruin Stipe Miocic's debut

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,974-1,693
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Joey Beltran admits that if fights were fought on paper, he would have lost them all.

And to look at him, you might agree with that statement. Physically, he's not particularly an impressive character.

In the cage, though, he consistently bucks expectations. And with all the hype surrounding opponent Stipe Miocic's octagon debut, he's interested in proving yet again that he's not what he appears to be.

"I would really like to finish it on my feet and just outbox this guy who gets praise for his great boxing credentials," Beltran today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "On paper, he's supposed to be way better than me. So I think it would be really cool to go in there and knock him out."

Beltran (13-5 MMA,3-2 UFC) meets Miocic (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of UFC 136, which takes place Saturday at Houston's Toyota Center. It's the first of four prelims streaming on Facebook prior to fights on Spike TV and pay-per-view.

LINK

Post #1   10/6/11 11:22:06PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,974-1,693
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I hope this doesn't turn into another Jorge Lopez fiasco.

Post #2   10/7/11 12:31:39AM   

Sgtmad

Learning to Sprawl

Sgtmad Avatar

Career:1,297-853
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
Watch out for stipe's leg kicks , they're bad ass !!!

Post #3   10/7/11 8:51:04AM