Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mac Danzig Wiman decision? Who won?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
fight could have gone ether way. the majority of the fight took place in the clinch and Mac was landing a lot of clean shots in the clinch while Wiman was landing a lot of vicious elbows. I had it a draw, leaning slightly toward Wiman. i wouldn't have been upset if either fighter won, but this does prove, like Kpro said, that in a close fight that goes to the judges it is always better to be the aggressor than the counter puncher.

Post #16   10/3/11 12:11:49AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

I feel Danzig won the first round with flurries 2nd with better moments and wiman barely squeezed out the 3rd. Scored it Danzig 29-28. Danzig took it to wiman! FIGHT OF THE YEAR most definitely. Just thought Danzig won.

FOTY

Danzig's nose told the story of who won the fight.

Anderson's face was pretty unscathed after Chael but Chael had some marks.

Anderson's face was swollen.

Post #17   10/3/11 10:05:35AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not posting this to prove anything one way or another but for those who may be interested:

They each had 2 takedowns and 1 submission attempt.

Wiman outlanded Danzig on power strikes all 3 rounds (40-31, 25-16, 28-19)
Danzig outlanded Wiman in total strikes all 3 rounds (79-48, 52-32, 62-39)

So Danzig was more active striking but Wiman was moving forward and striking with a lot more authority as the nose and hematoma on Danzigs forehead showed.

Depends what each person thinks wins a fight but neither should be ashamed of their performance. Great fight that the judges saw won by forward movement and more powerful striking.

Stats taken from FightMetric - Danzig/Wiman which if you don't already frequent FightMetric, I highly recommend it after every event.

Last edited 10/3/11 5:57PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #18   10/3/11 5:28:29PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,470-909
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

That's how close fights get a winner. Don't be the counter-puncher in a close fight that goes to a decision.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. See Machida vs. Rampage for more proof of this. That's the way that fight was scored. Machida outstruck Rampage, but he was also constantly moving away and circling away from Rampage while Rampage just plodded forward. They saw Rampage earning it with Octagon control, and probably saw him landing the more powerful strikes, thus Rampage gets the win in a fight that a lot of people, including myself (and Rampage himself) felt Machida won.

Post #19   10/3/11 5:48:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2