Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson Considering a Move to Boxing

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by emfleek

I'm going to run this through the BS translator...

$@#)(&%@)$EQ)(*E&%R)@$(*%&@)$E%&)@$#&@#&U

TRANSLATION: "My contract is about up with the UFC and I'm only saying this to get a better deal."

I hope so. I'm already pretty pissed about Badr Hari making the switch.

WTF!! Badr Hari wen to boxing.....gay

Post #16   9/30/11 2:47:06PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,826-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Sure. . . right after Anderson and Diaz.

Post #17   9/30/11 3:07:15PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I think if he really is going to take it seriously he could have some limited success as a boxer, while never fighting for a major title. He's got good boxing for MMA but those big wide hooks aren't gonna do him any good against real boxers. They should give him a fight with Toney for his next in the UFC that would be good and then he wouldn't have to worry about a kick or takedowns. Plus then he could really test his boxing out. But as for now unless he's going to start doing something other than swinging he's still just a boxer in MMA. And it's funny because look how much success he's still having beating guys like Machida and everyone else im drawing a blank on his recent wins here.. almost just using punches.

Post #18   9/30/11 3:07:31PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Good thing they don't throw leg kicks in boxing, for Rampage's sake....I wonder if he'll be playing more video games for his training camp

Post #19   9/30/11 3:39:32PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,501-1,553
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I'd say it's easier to "run away" in boxing with no fear of takedowns, leg kicks, and clinch fighting footwork becomes a much more valuable tool, look at Sugar Ray. I could see him having some limited success in boxing though, that sport has handpicking opponents and padding records down to a science.

Post #20   9/30/11 4:41:06PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

I'd say it's easier to "run away" in boxing with no fear of takedowns, leg kicks, and clinch fighting footwork becomes a much more valuable tool, look at Sugar Ray. I could see him having some limited success in boxing though, that sport has handpicking opponents and padding records down to a science.

"I'd say it's easier to "run away" in boxing"

Yeah, just ask Floyd Mayweather

Post #21   9/30/11 5:14:23PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by prophecy033

When you fail to evolve as a fighter, the sport will pass you by. We may be seeing that here. Don't get me wrong, Page can still beat slit of these LHW's but his ground game shows no signs of improvement and guys know that. Same with leg kicks.

Evolving as a fighter is still a pretty new thing, and so are complete fighters. Page is from an era where guys with 1 or 2 good skills(wrestling/boxing in his case) were enough to make you a contender at the very least. There weren't MMA gyms in every city so fighters had to go to a separate gym for each discipline, whereas the fighters now are getting everything under one roof. Unfortunately for the old guard of MMA, it's not easy to teach an old and successful dog new tricks when he had that success prior to the sport changing around them. I'm not saying you're wrong at all, I'm just rationalizing why he hasn't evolved.

I have to intervene.....YEah well rounded is hard to be but Rampage was at Greg Jackson...He didnt have to go when rashad showed up...Its funny Rashad did it to Rampage now Jones did it to Rashad and Rashad got mad...Hey pot heres kettle...

Post #22   9/30/11 5:15:29PM   

mizike

Learning to Sprawl

mizike Avatar

Career:546-344
Chips:
Rampage is far from done. He has evolved, but is from the older school but his school has always been about boxing, and slamming people down, period. He will do well in boxing because he can knock people out, period. And he only has to worry about one thing, people punching back. Boxing is a good spot for him, he cant beat the elite, but he would end up being the gate keeper in the UFC, you have to beat rampage to get a title shot.

Post #23   9/30/11 6:18:42PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,501-1,553
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by machodog76

I didn’t see the fight, did Mayweather do a lot of running? I used to to love boxing but it's kind of unwatchable to me these days.

Last edited 9/30/11 10:17PM server time by machodog76
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   9/30/11 6:51:16PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Kimbo vs Rampage in a boxing ring! LOL.

Post #25   9/30/11 7:34:54PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by machodog76

hes ducking Larry Merchant of 50 years ago

Last edited 9/30/11 11:19PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #26   9/30/11 11:18:21PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I'm going to run this through the BS translator...

$@#)(&%@)$EQ)(*E&%R)@$(*%&@)$E%&)@$#&@#&U

TRANSLATION: "My contract is about up with the UFC and I'm only saying this to get a better deal."

says i cant give u props but this is prolly well this is so very true and prolly very smart...i wish dana would call his bluff...no way could rampage be in a ring with boxers....hes to mush of a statue..he would losr big to guys with a reach advantage...

but imo rampage should fight like tyson go after guys...in mma he should bully i will never understand why he doesnt...thats his bread and butter...hes like a kimbo in str fights but doesnt use his strength....if he charged Jones which i thought he would he might have connected...very poor gameplan...

last thing..rampage does remind me of tyson but lacks the killer instinct that tyson had...tyson would bull rush...thats boxing 101...shorter reach must get inside...im still baffled by the rampage against jones...

Post #27   10/1/11 3:28:18AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Rampage is a counter-puncher. And has been since Juanito.

Post #28   10/1/11 5:01:06PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2