Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UPDATE: Herman tested positive for THC...not Performance Enhancing Drugs

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Not technically legal, but it is a growing trend that in some states it is becoming decriminalized, so basically instead of an arrest you get a fine.

Post #16   9/30/11 6:44:27PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,796-1,566
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by tallica62

the world needs to come to the 21st century and leave THC out of these tests

thc, or most other drugs for that matter, dont ENHANCE PERFORMANCE...therefore it shouldnt be banned in sports....

alcohol is worse, yet that is still legal

How dare you talk about alcohol like that....Whiskey > Weed

I think he means it's worse for your body/the rest of society.

Post #17   9/30/11 7:31:05PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

thc, or most other drugs for that matter, dont ENHANCE PERFORMANCE...therefore it shouldnt be banned in sports....

That is besides the point.

Whether it enhances performance or not, it is an illegal substance. Fighting is a job, and like many jobs, drug tests are required. If I were to fail a drug test for using Marijuana, I would get fired or at the very least suspended for a long period of time. Do you think I would be able to get away with it by saying "well its not affecting my performance".....not likely.

I'm not arguing whether it should be legal or not, that is literally beating a dead horse. All I'm saying is that these guys get PAID for a job and when you are recieving compensation for something you have to follow the rules whether you agree with them or not. Fighters know the rules and if they cannot follow them then they should not be able to fight. Its a simple concept. There are alot of things about my job that I don't like/agree with but I buck up, do what I'm supposed to do and I keep getting paid. Until the rules change fighters have to decide how much smoking a little pot is worth to them, if its more important than making the kind of money that alot of these guys do then they can sit on the sidelines everytime they fail a test and give that money to someone who is willing to make that small sacrafice to have an incredible job like those guys do.

I say it all the time, life isn't fair.

Post #18   9/30/11 7:38:27PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

But its is a pain killer so theoretical someone could take it so they can take more punishment which enhancer your performance since being about to take more pain is a good adv to have in mma

Post #19   9/30/11 9:35:25PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by tallica62

But its is a pain killer so theoretical someone could take it so they can take more punishment which enhancer your performance since being about to take more pain is a good adv to have in mma

if I get ripped and someone punches me in the face, its still gonna hurt like hell. Although I don't feel it should be overlooked during drug testing, I don't and never will think its worse then alcohol. How many times have you seen a pothead start a fight because someone stepped on their shoe? Ok, now, how many times have you seen a drunk guy get pissed cuz someone stepped on THEIR shoe?

Post #20   9/30/11 10:37:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by tallica62

not a chance. Weed > whiskey all day, and its far cheaper for the same level of "intoxication" weed also has never given me hangovers...even after greening out

that being said, can you imagine the stuff Chael would say if he were to smoke a couple joints?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   9/30/11 11:06:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033
How many times have you seen a pothead start a fight because someone stepped on their shoe? Ok, now, how many times have you seen a drunk guy get pissed cuz someone stepped on THEIR shoe?

a drunk guy wanted to fight me once because i "cheers'd" him too hard....meanwhile its his drunk ass who slamed his beer can into mine lol

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   9/30/11 11:12:10PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by tallica62

not a chance. Weed > whiskey all day, and its far cheaper for the same level of "intoxication" weed also has never given me hangovers...even after greening out

that being said, can you imagine the stuff Chael would say if he were to smoke a couple joints?

I can only imagine

Post #23   9/30/11 11:14:36PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

"Everybody out here kind of smokes," he said. "Marijuana is legal in California. Maybe it's just being in the same room. I don't know. I see people smoke every day."

I wasn't aware that marijuana was completely legal anywhere?

Completely legal to possess, smoke, and grow in many states on a state level and California is one. Just not legal anywhere on a federal level which is why DEA/FBI/etc can still show up in a state where it is legal to possess, grow, and smoke and seize a dispensary if they feel like it because our country's laws trump our states laws if they feel like wasting the taxes we pay on pointless endeavors.

Any drug considered legal on a test for a sport would need to be legal on a federal level, but he's not wrong that marijuana is legal in California with the incredibly easy to get proper card.

Post #24   10/2/11 2:39:51AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by gartface

"Everybody out here kind of smokes," he said. "Marijuana is legal in California. Maybe it's just being in the same room. I don't know. I see people smoke every day."

I wasn't aware that marijuana was completely legal anywhere?

Completely legal to possess, smoke, and grow in many states on a state level and California is one. Just not legal anywhere on a federal level which is why DEA/FBI/etc can still show up in a state where it is legal to possess, grow, and smoke and seize a dispensary if they feel like it because our country's laws trump our states laws if they feel like wasting the taxes we pay on pointless endeavors.

Any drug considered legal on a test for a sport would need to be legal on a federal level, but he's not wrong that marijuana is legal in California with the incredibly easy to get proper card.

And i believe Obama did some type of "thing"(what ever it is politicians do), that stops the random raiding of Cannibus clubs in California.

*backs away from the political talk*

Post #25   10/3/11 10:25:18AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2