Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UPDATE: Herman tested positive for THC...not Performance Enhancing Drugs

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dave Herman is rethinking the crowd he hangs out with between fights.

In an interview today with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), the UFC heavyweight sternly denied using marijuana prior to his since-canceled fight with Mike Russow at next week's UFC 136 event.

But he admitted that he was recently around those who used the drug, which may have caused him to fail a pre-fight drug test requested by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

"Everybody out here kind of smokes," he said. "Marijuana is legal in California. Maybe it's just being in the same room. I don't know. I see people smoke every day."

Herman, who trains at Team Quest in Murrieta, Calif., took the pre-fight test two weeks prior at a local Request A Test drug-testing facility contracted by the TDLR.

LINK

Post #1   9/30/11 10:50:20AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

"Everybody out here kind of smokes," he said. "Marijuana is legal in California. Maybe it's just being in the same room. I don't know. I see people smoke every day."

I wasn't aware that marijuana was completely legal anywhere?

Post #2   9/30/11 10:54:42AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by gartface

its not, he's just got really good Dank

Post #3   9/30/11 10:59:44AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Not completely legal but, from what I've heard/read, it doesn't take much to have it prescribed to you.

Post #4   9/30/11 11:03:17AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Not completely legal but, from what I've heard/read, it doesn't take much to have it prescribed to you.

Yeah, apparently ADHD, ADD, lower back pain, and other conditions that a doctor can't necessarily disprove, are ways to get that card.

The reason I said that wasn't to stir up any kind of long discussion, I was just under the impression that marijuana isn't completely legal anywhere in the world, not just the United States.

That being said, I concur that he needs to rethink the crowd he hangs out with and the surroundings he hangs out in as well.

Post #5   9/30/11 11:18:50AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:
Um Marijuana is a form of a PED. Ever get trashed on xbox live by some kid with the ak47? He's on PEDs of the herbal variety. They make you better at video games and deciphering "Donnie Darko". Trust me on this one.

Post #6   9/30/11 1:51:52PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Um Marijuana is a form of a PED. Ever get trashed on xbox live by some kid with the ak47? He's on PEDs of the herbal variety. They make you better at video games and deciphering "Donnie Darko". Trust me on this one.

Donnie Darko wasn't that hard to decipher

Post #7   9/30/11 2:03:33PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Donnie Darko wasn't that hard to decipher

Ha! I've said the same words before, then realized that there are holes in that movie that cannot be easily filled. Doesn't mean I don't still want to be Frank for Halloween

Post #8   9/30/11 2:11:12PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,916-1,093
Chips:
Bah. Dave is stupid for smoking before a fight and the world is stupid for testing for it.

Post #9   9/30/11 2:57:24PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Hope it was worth it

Post #10   9/30/11 3:12:23PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hope it was worth it

This.

Post #11   9/30/11 3:23:17PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,430-842
Chips:
This dude is lying he smoked weed, look at the story for instance. He said he did a drug test went home and a couple of days later they said his test was lost and he had to do another one.

After as Herman did the first test he smoked weed thinking he wouldnt be tested again guarenteed. You wont test positive for THC just by being around people smoking it unless your hanging out in a phone booth just saying.

And on account of it being legal in California it goes like this. Anyone can go to a special doctor(usually one that is perscribed by the shops that sell "medical marijuana") and tell him somethings wrong with you(ie. sleep deprived, bad back, loss of hunger) you will get some sort of card that is recognized from the shops that allows you to buy whatever grade of weed you want(including edibles, and other crazy things to get you high). But the thing is so many doctors are giving out the cannabis cards and they all look different and most of them look cheap and fake but the shops accept them. And i know from personal expirience there is so much grey area when in comes to these cards police have no idea what to do. In my expirience my friend had the card and i was driving him (after recently visiting a medical shop) and the police took the pot and wrote me a ticket for disturbing the peace. But it took forever, i mean they had too call so many people because of all the loopholes.

Post #12   9/30/11 4:00:41PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Chips:
You don't need a reason, you just need 20 bucks.

It's decriminalized out here in California beyond recognition. Alot of cops don't even care. It was almost legalized last proposition ballots, but most of the stoners thought it gave too much leverage to big business. Hilariously enough, it's the stoners that are keeping it illegal here.

Post #13   9/30/11 4:25:10PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,022-1,244
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
the world needs to come to the 21st century and leave THC out of these tests

thc, or most other drugs for that matter, dont ENHANCE PERFORMANCE...therefore it shouldnt be banned in sports....

alcohol is worse, yet that is still legal

Post #14   9/30/11 4:26:02PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

the world needs to come to the 21st century and leave THC out of these tests

thc, or most other drugs for that matter, dont ENHANCE PERFORMANCE...therefore it shouldnt be banned in sports....

alcohol is worse, yet that is still legal

How dare you talk about alcohol like that....Whiskey > Weed

Post #15   9/30/11 5:10:25PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2