Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen Comments On Anderson Silva's Injuries

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Everyone's favorite zany middleweight Chael Sonnen recently weighed on a topic that has made the round a bit since UFC 134 - the fact that Anderson Silva said he went into his fight with Yushin Okami with an injury and took anti-inflammatories for the injury. Silva also said he was injured entering his fight with Sonnen at UFC 117, so Chael wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to say something about it. This dandy of a quote was said to Paul Lazenby:

"I don't think that treatment for Anderson's problems is prohibited by the UFC, even right before a match. Some medications are limited, as you know, but Anderson is in a state of medical legitimacy because I don't think that Midol is prohibited, nor are chocolate or Gerard Butler movies. I have never personally had to deal with his sort of condition, but I feel for him and I really want to see what his top fighting form actually is, since we apparently haven't seen it yet. I can't remember the last time that he didn't say he was hurt for a match, and it's starting to alienate the fight fans. So he should take care of himself when he's suffering, or else the public will be stuck with the same unengaging fights and lackluster victories until he either dies or finally hits menopause."

LINK

Post #1   9/27/11 12:27:41AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Really, Chael Sonnen has something to say?

Post #2   9/27/11 12:37:39AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
lol that's hilarious! But humor aside, Chael has a legitimate point.

Post #3   9/27/11 12:55:43AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
nearly every fighter comes into a fight w/ an injury, so i usually don't consider it news when a fighter says they were injured in a fight, including anderson, unless it was obvious it affected them during the fight.

i wish chael had a podcast

Last edited 9/27/11 1:38AM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/27/11 1:31:32AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Never a dull moment

Post #5   9/27/11 1:58:19AM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
This guy is like that family member who tells the same damn story every family renunion like no one has ever heard it before

atleast you're being original Chael

Last edited 9/27/11 7:48AM server time by Ne-1

Post #6   9/27/11 7:48:16AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i wish chael had a podcast

You and me both! His trash talk is so witty and not just the average "He's a p***y, and I'm going to whip his ass." I could listen to it all day.

Post #7   9/27/11 8:38:21AM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
I find it hilarious that a man who needs male testosterone is calling some1 else a girl

But ya his trash talk is so creative and witty, the guy is a tool

Post #8   9/27/11 10:00:21AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I thought Silva was on pain pills I heard somewhere I dont rememebr but I was like theres no way...

Post #9   9/27/11 10:37:52AM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Chips:
I don't see the point in Sonnen mentioning it, aside from staying relevant in the media. All fighters suffer injuries during training, guys like Alessio Sakara and Big Nog can seem to walk down the street without getting hurt. The only issue I have with injuries are when they are used as serious excuses, like Tito does. Sure, Silva has mentioned that he has some sort of injury after almost every fight, but it's not like he's losing. Aside from Sonnen himself, Silva is dominating everyone, so what's the big issue about stating his injuries to the public?

Post #10   9/27/11 12:50:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I don't see the point in Sonnen mentioning it, aside from staying relevant in the media. All fighters suffer injuries during training, guys like Alessio Sakara and Big Nog can seem to walk down the street without getting hurt. The only issue I have with injuries are when they are used as serious excuses, like Tito does. Sure, Silva has mentioned that he has some sort of injury after almost every fight, but it's not like he's losing. Aside from Sonnen himself, Silva is dominating everyone, so what's the big issue about stating his injuries to the public?

being a sore winner? trying to make himself appear more invincible than he pretty much already is?

i think he comes off more arrogant and cocky by acting like "hey i won fighting at 80% hahahahaha" even though i believe its false and he is babying a little bruise or something.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   9/27/11 5:32:03PM   

Consigliere

Learning to Sprawl

Career:282-278
Camp: The Outlaws
Chips:
I'm sorry but chael has never had my interest with his gibber gabber :-s
Everyone can state such things, he just knows how to 'sell' it. I for one do not follow on his 'hype' of trashtalking.
True, he can trashtalk, but that's all..
I mean trashtalking a fight like he does, ok.. But then trying to back that up by using roids.. Get some balls instead of roids?
If you can never live up to the expectations you build yourself, let it be..
And yeah let him talk about Silva.. wtf, he lost to him while on droids (When Silva may or may not have been injured =)

Last edited 9/27/11 7:29PM server time by Consigliere

Post #12   9/27/11 7:27:21PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

being a sore winner? trying to make himself appear more invincible than he pretty much already is?

i think he comes off more arrogant and cocky by acting like "hey i won fighting at 80% hahahahaha" even though i believe its false and he is babying a little bruise or something.

This x100

Post #13   9/27/11 9:09:32PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

lol that's hilarious! But humor aside, Chael has a legitimate point.

Legitimate point? You think Anderson Silva was actually on his period?

Anway.... Anderson won. If a guy complains about injuries after a loss, no bueno. If he mentions a loss after a victory, so what?

Post #14   9/28/11 1:11:10AM