Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Would you rather see GSP v Anderson or Anderson v Jones?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

For all of you who want to know... Silva would absolutely... Absolutely... ABSOLUTELY BEAT Jones... I'm done.

I dont think so.

Post #31   9/26/11 12:46:40PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I'd rather see Anderson vs. Jones, I think. I think that Jones would have to clear out the light heavyweight division first. I don't think he's quite earned the right to do a champ vs. champ fight. Only Anderson and St. Pierre have earned that right, in my book. That's a whole other debate though.

Post #32   9/26/11 1:12:38PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I rather see Silva vs Jones. The fight would be more entertaining than Silva vs GSP IMO.

Post #33   9/26/11 1:44:18PM   

dielawn

Learning to Sprawl

Career:387-330
Chips:
The bottom line is that it doesnt make sense for GSP to be going up in weight class. He is not that big of a guy. Silva needs to be challenging himself against fighters who are the same size of bigger than him. Jon Jones IMO would kill silva. I would love nothing more for that fight to happen. The gsp fight would be fun to watch but I dont think GSP is big enough, not that hes not talented enough just doesnt have the size. Silva would weigh 20lbs heavier than him minimum. Silva needs to fight any of the top 5 LHW and beat them to be the lb for lb best. until then He is a good fighter with a good record, thats about it. Hes overrated.

Post #34   9/26/11 4:41:52PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,500-932
Chips:
GSP vs Silva IMO. Both of those guys are do for a loss. If Anderson wins, feed him to Jones. Possible 2/3 guys losing, clearly defining the P4P rank.

Too bad none of them will probably happen

Post #35   9/26/11 4:50:17PM   

KNIGHT

MMA Regular

KNIGHT Avatar

Career:1,912-1,060
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If i had to pick one right now it would be GSP-Anderson because there isnt a whole lot of fresh fights left for either and Silva isn't getting any younger. I will say this if Jones and Cain keep wininng. That is the fight i would want to see because they are closer in size that any other of them.

Last edited 9/27/11 2:28AM server time by knight
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   9/27/11 2:27:13AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I think GSP vs Silva would be the closer fight with St. Pierre getting takedowns and it would probably end up a decision similar to the Sonnen fight but with less strikes thrown on the ground, but Silva has a better chance of getting the KO in this fight with his height, reach and weight advantage. Plus he's the best striker arguably in all of MMA.

Jones vs Silva would be very one sided if you ask me...Jones is gigantic and Silva really isn't that big at 205. And while Jones had difficulty taking down Rampage, you have to remember how strong and how good a wrestler Rampage is even if he doesn't use it for takedowns. If Jones got into the clinch with Anderson, which he would, he would toss him around like a ragdoll. Once on the ground, Jones has wicked ground and pound. Chael hits like a little girl and Jones' elbows would really do damage to Silva that he has never experienced in the octagon or even his whole career. Jones by TKO in round 2-3

Post #37   9/28/11 1:15:56PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by dielawn

The bottom line is that it doesnt make sense for GSP to be going up in weight class. He is not that big of a guy. Silva needs to be challenging himself against fighters who are the same size of bigger than him. Jon Jones IMO would kill silva. I would love nothing more for that fight to happen. The gsp fight would be fun to watch but I dont think GSP is big enough, not that hes not talented enough just doesnt have the size. Silva would weigh 20lbs heavier than him minimum. Silva needs to fight any of the top 5 LHW and beat them to be the lb for lb best. until then He is a good fighter with a good record, thats about it. Hes overrated.

Well Anderson weighing 192 two weeks out from the Maia fight doesnt seem 20 lbs heavier than Georges weighing in at 194 on fight night against Shields.

I think you could apply everything you said to Anderson, to Georges in return and have it make just as much sense.

Last edited 9/28/11 1:59PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #38   9/28/11 1:57:30PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3