Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wanderlei's chances against Cung

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Wandy knows his career is on the line
He will find a way to win!!!

Post #16   9/23/11 3:42:36PM   

Omega_8

MMA Regular

Omega_8 Avatar

Career:1,086-683
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
I think he's got a better chance then people are giving him credit for. he beat bisping, a top guy, not that long ago. now of course since then he's been ko'd by Leben, but lets be honest, that punch would have knocked anyone out. im taking Wand via second round KO, if Scott Smith can do it then so can Wandy. plus, people often forget, probabaly because he rarely shows it, but Wand is a black belt in BJJ and has shown himself to be very capable on the ground when he's been put there.

Post #17   9/23/11 4:45:16PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
pretty surprised that so many people think Cung is a lock in this fight. I think it can easily go either way.

Post #18   9/23/11 5:05:02PM   

ab521

Learning to Sprawl

ab521 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
scott smith knocked cung out so wanderlei has a chance. but i wouldnt put money on it

Post #19   9/24/11 2:51:16AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I don't like saying it but I don't think Wanderlei stands any chance whatsoever against Cung. I think he'll lose in every aspect of the fight. I see Cung keeping distance and knocking Wand out early, probably first round. If Wand tries clinching with him I think it'll be a mistake.

Wand used to be one of my favorites but he's far past his prime and I hope if he does indeed lose to Cung that he calls it quits. He's had a hell of a career but his time is over.

Post #20   9/25/11 5:54:01PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I was never really impressed with Cung Le. Wady is a tough tough fight for Cung. I am probaly leaning toward a Wandy UD

Post #21   9/25/11 7:42:55PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Wow, I cannot believe how much respect Cung is getting in this fight. Wanderlei is going to DESTROY Cung Le in this fight, and I mean rape choke KO kind of destruction, and I will lay down an avatar bet with one unlucky individual.

Cung is going to come in all flashy and arrogant, riding high on the seemingly insurmountable level of respect he gets, and is going to get blasted.

Cung, has never fought a quality striker by today's standards in his entire MMA career, INCLUDING Frank Shamrock. Wanderlei has fought no one but the best fighters in the world since entering the UFC, and more the better part of his PRIDE career. The experience factor is going to play a huge role in this fight.

Last edited 9/25/11 8:08PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   9/25/11 8:06:45PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Wow, I cannot believe how much respect Cung is getting in this fight. Wanderlei is going to DESTROY Cung Le in this fight, and I mean rape choke KO kind of destruction, and I will lay down an avatar bet with one unlucky individual.

Cung is going to come in all flashy and arrogant, riding high on the seemingly insurmountable level of respect he gets, and is going to get blasted.

Cung, has never fought a quality striker by today's standards in his entire MMA career, INCLUDING Frank Shamrock. Wanderlei has fought no one but the best fighters in the world since entering the UFC, and more the better part of his PRIDE career. The experience factor is going to play a huge role in this fight.

Warglory, I love this post. So much enthusiasim!

Post #23   9/25/11 8:23:45PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by warglory

Everyone's lack of confidence in Wandy is astounding! lol I was genuinely shocked to see all of these replies!

Post #24   9/25/11 8:33:17PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by warglory

Everyone's lack of confidence in Wandy is astounding! lol I was genuinely shocked to see all of these replies!

I can't count either guy out this fight.

I think their's a few things both will have to do to insure victory:

1. I've notice Le has a tendency to keep his guard down after throwing a big kick and at times it's such a big gap I almost scream. Chances are he does this in fear of a takedown counter. In fighting Wandy,this is going to be a very bad idea. Wandy will leap on the opening each and every time and chances are it's only going to take once. Le will have to tighten up his game and wait for his shots,and this is where the trouble lies for Le. Their's a chance he will catch Silva early but it's probably going to have to be very early.

2. Wandy needs to show patience. In the middle of a fire fight he tends to get carried away at times and he goes down in these moments of heat. He needs to insure Le doesn't get the proper distance needed (or perhaps bate him and allow that distance than wait to counter a fancy kick). I think Wanderlei can effectively keep the pressure in this fight and overwhelm Cung Le if he sticks with a solid gameplan.

My thoughts anway.

Post #25   9/25/11 9:34:09PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,573-973
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by warglory

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by warglory

I can't count either guy out this fight.

I think their's a few things both will have to do to insure victory:

1. I've notice Le has a tendency to keep his guard down after throwing a big kick and at times it's such a big gap I almost scream. Chances are he does this in fear of a takedown counter. In fighting Wandy,this is going to be a very bad idea. Wandy will leap on the opening each and every time and chances are it's only going to take once. Le will have to tighten up his game and wait for his shots,and this is where the trouble lies for Le. Their's a chance he will catch Silva early but it's probably going to have to be very early.

2. Wandy needs to show patience. In the middle of a fire fight he tends to get carried away at times and he goes down in these moments of heat. He needs to insure Le doesn't get the proper distance needed (or perhaps bate him and allow that distance than wait to counter a fancy kick). I think Wanderlei can effectively keep the pressure in this fight and overwhelm Cung Le if he sticks with a solid gameplan.

My thoughts anway.

wandy has shown patience in his last few fights

Post #26   9/26/11 12:54:09AM   

JKJBrannen

Learning to Sprawl

JKJBrannen Avatar

Career:87-82
Chips:
Cung going to whoop that ass, if he can stay outside and utilize his wrestling when Wandy tries his nasty clinch work... can't wait to see a couple them side kicks in HD.

Post #27   9/28/11 12:34:56AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah, wanderlei is gonna have to keep his T-Rex arms up to avoid getting ko'd like he did against Cro-Cop

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #28   9/28/11 1:56:27AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:
You're comparing Cung Le's power to CroCop's? When Cung can say he has KOd anyone noteworthy, maybe we can talk, but come on now...

Post #29   9/28/11 10:02:13AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JKJBrannen

Cung going to whoop that ass, if he can stay outside and utilize his wrestling when Wandy tries his nasty clinch work... can't wait to see a couple them side kicks in HD.

Who in the UFC do you know has ever been able to stay on the outside of Wand? This isn't a ring, it's a cage, making it far more difficult to CroCop someone.

Post #30   9/28/11 10:03:39AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3