Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Shogun vs Henderson Poll

Print  
Shogun vs Hendo
Shogun 27 47%
Hendo 31 53%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Shogun via Submission anyone?

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #16   9/22/11 1:52:43AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:281-172
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
In all honesty Henderson could EASILY win this by decision by just wrestling. This is five rounds right?

I think Hendo will fade like in the Rampage fight though and I think he will take a quick lead and rock Shogun several times, and Shogun back I just don't think henderson will try to make boring and that will be his mistake when Shogun stops him late in one of the wildest fights in MMA HISTORY.

Post #17   9/22/11 4:16:04PM   

ab521

Learning to Sprawl

ab521 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

One sided beatdown, and HENDO is swingin' the hammer

YES!!

Post #18   9/24/11 3:14:07AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
The big thing for me is that Fedor couldn't finish Henderson off and he's got bombs when he throws punches. The guy's been beating on heavyweights with them for like a decade. If he couldn't take Hendo out than neither will Shogun. Not only that but IF ( and that's a big if) Henderson decides to go for the clinch/takedown he should be able to get it considering his greco background and just general strength in the clinch. And considering his big right hand the odds really seem to be stacked against Shogun.

If Shogun can pull off the win it will be by a decision I think or maybe a leg lock submission. If Henderson wins (more likely in my eyes) it will be by a finish with punches probably followed up by ground and pound.

On a side note, is this a five round fight?

Post #19   9/24/11 2:49:51PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I won't make an official prediction yet, but I do think if Shogun shows up at 100% or close to it that he can beat Hendo. If the Nogueiras and Anderson can submit Hendo I think Shogun stands a pretty good chance of doing the same as long as his conditioning's where it needs to be.

Post #20   9/25/11 5:59:17PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,452-902
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

The big thing for me is that Fedor couldn't finish Henderson off and he's got bombs when he throws punches. The guy's been beating on heavyweights with them for like a decade. If he couldn't take Hendo out than neither will Shogun. Not only that but IF ( and that's a big if) Henderson decides to go for the clinch/takedown he should be able to get it considering his greco background and just general strength in the clinch. And considering his big right hand the odds really seem to be stacked against Shogun.

If Shogun can pull off the win it will be by a decision I think or maybe a leg lock submission. If Henderson wins (more likely in my eyes) it will be by a finish with punches probably followed up by ground and pound.

On a side note, is this a five round fight?

shogun's style of striking is significantly different than fedor's. i see shogun controlling this on the feet and winning via ud. dans hard to knock but not hard to hit. i also think he's gonna have a harder time than most people think taking shogun down.

Post #21   9/25/11 6:33:43PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2