Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With work return looming, UFC Fight Night 25's MacDonald planning Lytle moment

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NEW ORLEANS – Win, lose or draw, Canadian middleweight Jason MacDonald (25-14 MMA, 6-6 UFC) is facing a deadline.

You see, the clock strikes midnight for MacDonald in January, and "The Athlete" will have to decide whether or not to again become "The Correctional Officer."

"I was fortunate enough to be on a five-year leave of absence," MacDonald told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "So I'm coming to the end of my five-year leave of absence in January. ... To live the dream, to be a UFC fighter and just do that solely, it's going to come to an end."

MacDonald made his UFC debut in October 2006 and earned a Spike TV-televised submission win over Ed Herman. Before the year was out, he would add a "Submission of the Night" victory over Chris Leben. At the time, MacDonald was also working in his native country as a federal corrections officer. He took the leave of absence to become a full-time fighter, but he'll soon have another big decision to make as his time off expires.

"At the end of the five-year leave of absence, it's either you come back to work or you quit," MacDonald said. "Fortunately for me, over the past five years, fighting has been a little less stressful because I always had that cushion, something to fall back on."

LINK

Post #1   9/17/11 1:53:38PM