Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michael Bisping And Jason 'Mayhem' Miller Spar On TUF 14 Conference Call

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Quick Quotes from the Conference Call w/ Mayhem & Bisping

Opening remarks: UFC confirms TUF 14 will air on FX in the UK including the finale. According to the UFC, this is the first time UFC has aired on free TV in the UK.

Jason Miller:

- I didn't like him at first, then I liked him. Now I'm back to hating him again.

- I definitely got under his skin...apart from the unbelievable fights...our personality clash put on a damn good show...

- I think you're way worse an idiot than I am...

- My first priority was to give full attention to coaching these guys and second to make entertaining television...

- Bisping fully proved himself to be a prick by week 2

- It wasn't the normal crop of TUF crowd who were 2-0...some of these guys had 30 fighters...we didn't have one lackluster fight the entire season...

- There were some upsets that some of the media have heard of, but guess what? They're not coming into the house.

- It comes down to what's best for my career, me vs. Bisping is going to be way better for the UFC. This is going to be huge for the TUF franchise. Just looking as a TV viewer, I'm totally enthralled with it.

- They just stuck the camera on us and we made good TV. I contributed to Lesnar's season of TUF not having any ratings, I didn't watch.

- I put 100% of my effort into this job.

- The amount of time stuck with a camera in your face and a microphone up your ass...I was used to television being a more controlled thing.

- A lot of his coaching staff are guys I used to train with and had to move on because they couldn't give me what I needed.

Michael Bisping:

- Jason, you have 15 different personalities. You either love or hate him. I definitely hate him...December 3rd I'm going to kick his ass, so it's all good.

- This season is all real fighters. They weren't there for air time...it was a good season, my team did a good job and I feel I represented myself pretty well.

- After a day the team gels, they open up to one another...many fighters told me how shocked they were that I did care about the team...it's not about me or Jason...it's about giving these guys a shot at the big time...

- Miller's annoying for a completely different reason (than Jorge Rivera)...it wasn't just Rivera, it was him and his entire team...they crossed the line talking to family...Jason's not like that, he's just idiotic...his mouth is definitely bigger than his brain...

- Nice to see you've warmed up on your sister, Jason.

- I always give people the benefit of the doubt...we have a few mutual friends...the first couple of days before shooting starts and the more time I spent around him the more he irritated me...you'll see why he isn't on my Christmas card list..

- Coaching lighter weight guys is a double edged sword...the downside is when I'm coaching you saw in season 9 I'm on the mat, but with the size difference this time I couldn't do that...had to do a lot of coaching from the sidelines...

- You didn't have to show these fighters too many things...these were complete fighters, they just needed guidance and structure.

- There was never any hesitation in accepting the role as coach...in my opinion, that role is very prestigious...the reality is there is a downside: it means 10 months out of the game, it means taking a fight against Jason Miller.

- Anderson Silva hasn't wiped out the middleweight division yet; I match up well with him and better than some of these other fighters have.

- This season I was myself, I didn't pull any punches, I didn't go on a PR campaign to get more fans.

- Jason's already beaten mentally. It'll be my job to show up to the fight and collect a paycheck.

- As of right now I'm living in California. The plan for the training camp is to spend a month in California and then somewhere else yet to be determined...I'm still very much part of the Wolfslair.

SBNation

wanted to edit out some of the quotes, but i liked em all. sorry if it's too long

Last edited 9/14/11 3:49PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   9/14/11 3:46:27PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
I don't understand Bisping. First he says this..

- Miller's annoying for a completely different reason (than Jorge Rivera)...it wasn't just Rivera, it was him and his entire team...they crossed the line talking to family..

then next breath his says this..

Wow. Bisping is a class act, as usual.

Post #2   9/14/11 3:59:43PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Idk who could have listened to those two and not blown their own heads off afterwards.

Post #3   9/14/11 5:20:38PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

- Miller's annoying for a completely different reason (than Jorge Rivera)...it wasn't just Rivera, it was him and his entire team...they crossed the line talking to family..

I just can't wait to see him fight a top 10 MW again and get crushed. I think he will beat Mayhem, who's good, but not top 10. Guy acts like he's a world beater with wins over Miller and Rivera.

Post #4   9/14/11 10:14:01PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I was just thinking the same thing, I would have gave props but I gotta spread the love

Post #5   9/14/11 10:51:01PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I could definitely see this going either way. Bisping has to be the favourite, but I think Miller has several ways to win.

Post #6   9/15/11 1:22:23AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I could definitely see this going either way. Bisping has to be the favourite, but I think Miller has several ways to win.

Having actual power in his strikes for one.

Post #7   9/15/11 1:17:15PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Aether

Having actual power in his strikes for one.

I don't know that either guy can claim bigger power than the other. That's not really either's strong point.

Post #8   9/15/11 1:26:29PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i would love to see Mayhem bring in Hendo for a day and simulate "Bully Beatdown"

- Anderson Silva hasn't wiped out the middleweight division yet; I match up well with him and better than some of these other fighters have.

call me crazy but I believe this. Bisping wont be afraid to throw strikes like Leites, Maia, Okami and Belfort were. i can see Bisping lasting til the 3rd-4th round before some crazy KO

Last edited 9/15/11 2:18PM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   9/15/11 2:15:29PM   

Bullred

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,027-746
Chips:
Leben, Griffin and Henderson weren't afraid to throw strikes and look what happened to them.

Post #10   9/15/11 3:11:36PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yeah, engaging Anderson on the feet while circling the wrong way will get you KO'd early. Bisping doesn't match up well with Anderson at all.

Post #11   9/15/11 3:14:44PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Yeah, engaging Anderson on the feet while circling the wrong way will get you KO'd early. Bisping doesn't match up well with Anderson at all.

This. Did Bisping get a new chin? No? Oh Alright then I'll be going with Anderson than.

Seriously though Bisping really shouldn't be thinking at all about Anderson when he's gonna be in the cage with a guy like Mayhem. Def. going to be a tough fight for Bisping imo.

Post #12   9/15/11 4:23:28PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by Pookie

This. Did Bisping get a new chin? No? Oh Alright then I'll be going with Anderson than.

Seriously though Bisping really shouldn't be thinking at all about Anderson when he's gonna be in the cage with a guy like Mayhem. Def. going to be a tough fight for Bisping imo.

Other than Hendo when has Bisping's chin been the reason he's lost.... From that logic Fedor has a bad chin.

Oh and yeah before you get all angry and annoyed check out the location

Last edited 9/15/11 6:06PM server time by jjeans
3 total post edits

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #13   9/15/11 6:01:12PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by Pookie

Other than Hendo when has Bisping's chin been the reason he's lost.... From that logic Fedor has a bad chin.

Oh and yeah before you get all angry and annoyed check out the location

Ha no anger here man completely valid argument.

Perhaps I should have worded that differently. If he's going to go toe-to-toe with Anderson Silva his chin will not hold up as it did not in the Hendo fight. It was more in reference to him fighting Anderson in the argument that Bisping would stand a good chance in that fight.

Post #14   9/15/11 6:52:44PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

i would love to see Mayhem bring in Hendo for a day and simulate "Bully Beatdown"

call me crazy but I believe this. Bisping wont be afraid to throw strikes like Leites, Maia, Okami and Belfort were. i can see Bisping lasting til the 3rd-4th round before some crazy KO

The only people that match well with Anderson are great wrestlers with good sub defense. Nobody is going to outstrike him until he ages a bit more. Bisping would get crushed like Forrest did.

Post #15   9/15/11 7:55:13PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2