Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

"Bigfoot" Silva on loss to Daniel Cormier - "I could never imagine he'd punch me like that"

Print  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,239-734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva had a career high moment in February when he defeated Fedor Emelianenko in the quarterfinals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight World Grand Prix. But in his semifinals bout, he was on the wrong end of a brutal beating at the hands of Daniel Cormier. Silva talked to Tatame.com after the event about what went wrong, and gave his prediction for who will win the Grand Prix finals bout between Cormier and Josh Barnett:

"I had a game plan, but I could never imagine he'd punch me like that. I wasn't underestimating him, but after he punched me I couldn't see a thing, I wasn't controlling my body anymore. I was doing things automatically, I could only see shadows. When I stood up I was dizzy. I was really dizzy after that jab, but I went for it. If I'm losing, at least I'll lose while fighting. It happened, he deserve the credits. I was well prepared, but he punched me. We didn't even really fought... I guess Josh [Barnett] will win [the finals]. If he doesn't make the same mistakes I did, of really going for it. That's the only chance Cormier got, his punch. He isn't any good on the ground to fight Josh there. He knows Wrestling, but… I guess Josh Barnett will win, he's more complete."

LINK

Dirty Blue

Post #1   9/13/11 4:57:08PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
ive never been to impressed with barnett's stand up. it aint like cormier has great hands either but if he can get his hands on barnett and stuff barnetts takedowns too he could pull a decision. hes got the wrestling to stop most anybody's takedowns but even if it takes barnett 2 1/2 rounds to get just one takedown that may be all he needs to submit cormier. i wanna pick barnett for the win but it wouldnt suprise me to see cormier pull out the upset anyway.

Post #2   9/13/11 5:06:44PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
No wonder Cormier broke his hand on Silva's huge melon

Post #3   9/13/11 9:06:43PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,063-1,277
Chips:
Josh...you like heavy metal..therefore I like you. Please do NOT try to stand with Cromier

Post #4   9/13/11 10:54:58PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,364-1,587
Chips:
Barnett is going to smoke Cormier. Plain and simple. Silva has a glass jaw and got him with some silly shots. Barnett is going to win their fight on their feet or on the ground. Hands down. I see Cormier tapping.

Post #5   9/13/11 10:58:31PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

...Silva has a glass jaw...

Post #6   9/13/11 11:23:45PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Sir_Karl

I guess anybody that gets knocked out has a glass jaw nowadays...

Post #7   9/14/11 1:18:12AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Sir_Karl

I guess anybody that gets knocked out has a glass jaw nowadays...

TRUE anyone KO by a HW is a littlle kitty cat...Glass Jaws...LMAO...

I love when I will say and people act like Brock cant take a punch...Hes been hit by some big guys...and flush...Then they will say, "well Brock really cant take a punch"...I just say, who can actually take a punch that hits flush? I mean HWs... Nobody likes to be hit at the heavy weight level...

Barnett will not beat Cormier...In wrestling Cormier will take it...Standing Cormier will take it...You do not have to be complete like Silva says...Cormier is THE BEST wrestler at HW....BJJ will not get used in the fight...Its not like Barnett is like a cat on the bottom...Just not strong enough to sub Corm..

My prediction....Fight wont happen...welcome to the UFC boys...

Post #8   9/14/11 2:49:33AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

Josh...you like heavy metal..therefore I like you. Please do NOT try to stand with Cromier

i did not know this......WAR BARNETT!!

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   9/14/11 1:13:46PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by tallica62

Barnett is way, way down with the metal. He put together a metal concert to raise money for Japan after the earthquake this year. He quoted Immortal's "One by One" in a post fight interview after he beat Brett Rogers. How down is that?

If he didn't piss dirty like three times for PED's I'd be a much bigger fan.

Post #10   9/15/11 4:37:40AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by tallica62

Barnett is way, way down with the metal. He put together a metal concert to raise money for Japan after the earthquake this year. He quoted Immortal's "One by One" in a post fight interview after he beat Brett Rogers. How down is that?

If he didn't piss dirty like three times for PED's I'd be a much bigger fan.

Well to be fair there are many who did no piss dirty but are. How long did Thiago "roid rage" Silva get away with all that?

Post #11   9/15/11 3:36:59PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,239-734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

Well to be fair there are many who did no piss dirty but are. How long did Thiago "roid rage" Silva get away with all that?

Woah... He didn't "piss dirty" he was just found out to be half man half horse. Nothing in the rules says you cant be a hybrid

Dirty Blue

Post #12   9/15/11 3:44:09PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

I see what you are getting at. I just am not a fan of PED use in professional sports. Barnett is a flagrant violator, so it is hard for me to root for him.

Post #13   9/16/11 7:01:31AM   

Randall

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Cormier probably didn't imagine Silva's head would be so damn hard either! lol After all, looks like they both knocked each other out of the Grand Prix...

Cormier Calls Broken Hand "Worst Case Scenario"

Post #14   9/17/11 1:16:01PM