Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Jon Fitch to Face Johny Hendricks At UFC 141

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
See i just totally disagree with that statement. I don't think the WW division is all that deep.

Post #31   9/13/11 9:47:26PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

well to be fair, Fitch has fought way weaker competition overall than Anderson. 8 of his 13 wins are against opponents who got cut.

and where is Irvin, Cote, Leites, Lutter, Hendo (though hes now rumored to come back)? thats 5 of his past 12 fights....and he is the champion. champs are supposed to fight the tougher competition anyways...im surprised you actually posted that

They were the #1 contenders. Lutter earned his shot through TUF(A fight Gsp lost). Lietes beat Marquardt and was cut for being afraid to engage Anderson. Irvin was in a higher weight class. Hendo was the #2 MW in the world, and did not get cut.

Fitch consistently fights people ranked lower than him and struggles. Fitch isnt fighting #1 contenders. He's fighting fringe top ten fighters.

Irvin is a can, Leites only beat Marquardt because of point deductions, and Cote got the shot after beating a bunch of mediocre fighters and split decision win of maybe top 15 Almeida. if Fitch fought all #1 contenders (and will most likely beat them), then who is left for GSP to face?

Last edited 9/14/11 12:37PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #32   9/14/11 12:34:51PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
To be fair, Leites was cut because he couldn't even beat Alessio Sakara...

Post #33   9/14/11 12:37:40PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dana, me & most of the mma world would give him much more respect if he could/would just finish someone.

it's been over 4 years.

Post #34   9/14/11 2:53:59PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by MMA-San

I like this match, I think Hendricks is one of the few guys that could defeat Fitch.

I have no idea what you could base this on. Anybody that feels Hendricks can win is out of there mind. He will be totally out classed. Fitch will win by UD. To even say Hendrix is even close to the same level as Fitch is really rediculous.

Oh, well you see let me explain my reasoning then.

Johnny Hendricks is a 2 time NCAA champion and wrestling legend.
Johnny Hendricks has very good boxing.

Jon Fitch was a good college wrestler and had excellent MMA wrestling.
Jon Fitch has mediocre boxing.

So under these assumptions then I deduce that if Fitch cannot take Hendricks down, which he should not be able to, then he will lose a boxing match.

Or, if Fitch's boxing does give Hendricks trouble then Hendricks should be able to takedown Fitch.

Is it possible that Fitch will outbox Hendriks or be able to take him down and win the match...yes it is. However, to say I have nothing to base my belief on that hendricks could defeat him is what is truly ridiculous

Post #35   9/14/11 3:01:04PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Dana, me & most of the mma world would give him much more respect if he could/would just finish someone.

it's been over 4 years.

In my opinion, thats not enough reason to have robbed him of a 2nd shot for this long. I mean, hell, the champ in this division hasn't finished a fight in just as long and some people consider him the p4p best. Truth is Fitch is no doubt #2 in the division. I think he would beat Condit, Diaz, or BJ(he got robbed in the 1st one). This fight with Hendricks is a "nothing to gain fight" for him. I wish he was fighting Kos at least.

Post #36   9/14/11 3:48:34PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
i was just adressing the issue that Fitch and Anderson's winning percentages are comparable, which i dont think is true due to Anderson fighting IMO Much stiffer competition.

4 out of the 14 people Anderson has beaten have been cut & Anderson has always fought the best person available.
8 of the 13 people fitch has beaten have been cut. He consistently fights people below his abilities & In 3 of those fights the decision could have gone either way.

I'm just saying the whole #1 and #2 UFC winning percentage is a misleading arguement.

Post #37   9/14/11 4:49:10PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3