Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Report: Jon Fitch to Face Johny Hendricks At UFC 141

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by FastKnockout

Just goes to show how Dana feels about Fitch. He doesn't want Fitch to earn another title shot.

this

that's a pretty sh*tty thing to do to the guy considering he's basically the same fighter as his WW champ. Like I've said before, Fitch has the second highest winning percentage in ufc history, right behind Anderson

Post #16   9/12/11 8:37:19PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

This is a great fight. Hendricks may not have a comparable resume, but his skill set makes this match interesting. Hendricks had a tough fight with Mike Pierce, and I think he looked pretty damn good in that one (as did Pierce).

If Hendricks can just keep it standing, he wins. Hendricks' only loss is to Story, who's striking is more serviceable than Fitch's.... Very interesting fight, I like it personally.

Also, let's not forget that Fitch had an even tougher fight with Pierce. Both of them barely beat that guy.

Post #17   9/12/11 8:44:16PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by FastKnockout

Just goes to show how Dana feels about Fitch. He doesn't want Fitch to earn another title shot.

this

that's a pretty sh*tty thing to do to the guy considering he's basically the same fighter as his WW champ. Like I've said before, Fitch has the second highest winning percentage in ufc history, right behind Anderson

well to be fair, Fitch has fought way weaker competition overall than Anderson. 8 of his 13 wins are against opponents who got cut.

Post #18   9/12/11 8:47:29PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,456-896
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
While I kinda like the match up because I like watching hendricks fight and would like to see him put a stamp on his status as a contender at WW, I'm not entirely sure that this is a match up that makes sense. It only serves to favor one fighter should they win (Hendricks), and does nothing for the other should he win. A fight at the weight class that makes more sense to me is Shields vs. Fitch (though I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would disagree with me and call this a snoozefest), or maybe Ellenberger vs. Fitch due to Ellenbergers powerful wrestling and heavy handedness, there is a chance that maybe we might see fitch getting fitched, or even see him get dropped face first to the canvas from a huge Ellenberger right hand. Shields for the obvious grappling challenges he presents makes that fight intriguing to me. I mean both fights make sense to me because it's a win-win for all of them in the match ups if things went their way.

Another one that makes sense is Rory Macdonald vs Fitch. Macdonald would get the chance to truly make a statement and with a win and say that not only is he truly the fighter of the WW division in the future, but he could very well be the present for the division as well, and for Fitch he'd have beat a guy that has been ragdolling everyone he fought, including Condit for 2 rounds.

The only other real option to me is for Fitch to say to hell with getting jerked around and constantly being denied title shots, and start trying to Fitch his way through the MW division and see if he can do what he does best up there and try and dethrone the sports P4P kingpin, Anderson Silva.

Post #19   9/12/11 8:49:36PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by FastKnockout

this

this

Post #20   9/12/11 10:52:40PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,480-917
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
sounds like i got time to take a long bathroom break if i need to on that card

Post #21   9/12/11 11:40:07PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY

Stupid fight for Fitch... number 2 ranked guy and top ten P4P not even getting a top ten WW... UFC is pathetic

Johnny Hendricks has been ranked #10 in Sherdog's rankings for about a month now. And thats all welterweights. There isn't a ranking site in the world that doesn't have Hendricks at least top ten in just UFC rankings.

I like this match, I think Hendricks is one of the few guys that could defeat Fitch.

Post #22   9/13/11 12:22:51AM   

TeamDEY

Belt Contender

TeamDEY Avatar

Career:152-124
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Posted by TeamDEY

Stupid fight for Fitch... number 2 ranked guy and top ten P4P not even getting a top ten WW... UFC is pathetic

Johnny Hendricks has been ranked #10 in Sherdog's rankings for about a month now. And thats all welterweights. There isn't a ranking site in the world that doesn't have Hendricks at least top ten in just UFC rankings.

I like this match, I think Hendricks is one of the few guys that could defeat Fitch.

I have no idea what you could base this on. Anybody that feels Hendricks can win is out of there mind. He will be totally out classed. Fitch will win by UD. To even say Hendrix is even close to the same level as Fitch is really rediculous.

Post #23   9/13/11 1:38:10AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
A lot of fans were calling for this fight--so I'm surprised there's resistance suddenly. Johnny doesn't get the credit he should in rankings. He beat Brenneman, who derailed the Story train,who was crusading for a fight with Fitch. True he lost a tough fight to story, but he's no joke, and will force Fitch to fight.

Post #24   9/13/11 2:00:14AM   

Bythar

MMA Regular

Bythar Avatar

Career:1,722-907
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But, why on Earth am I surprised?

Post #25   9/13/11 6:51:04AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

well to be fair, Fitch has fought way weaker competition overall than Anderson. 8 of his 13 wins are against opponents who got cut.

and where is Irvin, Cote, Leites, Lutter, Hendo (though hes now rumored to come back)? thats 5 of his past 12 fights....and he is the champion. champs are supposed to fight the tougher competition anyways...im surprised you actually posted that

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #26   9/13/11 12:54:30PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by TeamDEY
I have no idea what you could base this on. Anybody that feels Hendricks can win is out of there mind. He will be totally out classed. Fitch will win by UD. To even say Hendrix is even close to the same level as Fitch is really rediculous.

Well I must be out of my mind because I definately think Hendricks has a chance. I will be picking Fitch to win, but i'm not ignorant enough to think Johny has no chance at all.

Post #27   9/13/11 1:32:59PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

and where is Irvin, Cote, Leites, Lutter, Hendo (though hes now rumored to come back)? thats 5 of his past 12 fights....and he is the champion. champs are supposed to fight the tougher competition anyways...im surprised you actually posted that

i'm not surprised he posted it at all

Post #28   9/13/11 4:26:33PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

They were the #1 contenders. Lutter earned his shot through TUF(A fight Gsp lost). Lietes beat Marquardt and was cut for being afraid to engage Anderson. Irvin was in a higher weight class. Hendo was the #2 MW in the world, and did not get cut.

Fitch consistently fights people ranked lower than him and struggles. Fitch isnt fighting #1 contenders. He's fighting fringe top ten fighters.

Last edited 9/13/11 6:16PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   9/13/11 6:14:14PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The UFC'S Middleweight division is the weakest division, while the Welterweight division is arguably the strongest. It takes a lot more to crack the top 10 as a Welterweight.

Post #30   9/13/11 6:30:56PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3