Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

Cesar Gracie: Thoughts on the Diaz Fallout and More

Cesar Gracie: Thoughts on the Diaz Fallout and More
Posted By Message

crushedbacon
In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar
Career record: 850-552
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
568 posts
Joined 6/07
An interview with Cesar Gracie regarding what exactly Nick Diaz has been up to for the past couple days and some interesting viewpoints on several topics.....

LINK

Last edited 9/9/11 8:18AM by emfleek
Edit note/reason: Fixed link.

Post #1   9/9/11 2:23:55AM   

scoozna Avatar

Career record: 1262-702
Season: 29-23 (#522)
Bankroll: $1,535 (#982)
2932 posts
Joined 1/07
According to Cesar Gracie:

-BJ is much tougher than GSP
-GSP doesn't use technique in a fight, where BJ does.
-No one is talking about the Condit/GSP fight. No one cares about this fight.

...and yet they called Dana to tell him that he should not pull Diaz from the fight with GSP. Something doesn't add up.

Post #2   9/9/11 9:18:39AM   

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career record: 737-473
Season: 16-16 (#1319)
Bankroll: $290 (#1630)
5009 posts
Joined 5/10
Cesar seems to be backpedaling an awful lot on what he said in his interview yesterday......interesting

Post #3   9/9/11 9:19:58AM   

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career record: 1282-681
Season: 37-15 (#340)
Bankroll: $8,986 (#17)
5232 posts
Joined 1/07
If that really is Cesar Gracie( I don't know his voice) i think he is either delusional , a blatant apologist along the lines of Scott Boras /Drew Rosenhaus, or messing with us. The overwhelming majority of people are pissed that Diaz didn't make the pressers. Notice he makes it singular, and after publicly saying this was all Nick fault and that he deserves what he was getting he is backtracking. I would rather watch GSP/condit because I think Condit actually has a better chance of pulling something out. To beat GSP you have to have one shot KO power IMO and I don't see Nick having that. Also I doubt he would be able to out-cardio him either. I hope BJ humbles him and then he hires a shrink and gets mentally straightened out.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   9/9/11 9:29:58AM   

Sir_Karl
MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar
Career record: 1083-766
Season: 31-20 (#695)
Bankroll: $1,785 (#842)
1075 posts
Joined 9/07
I think Cesar is right in many ways. In general the fans do not care about press conferences. Dana should have punished Nick...not the fans. While GSP has beaten BJ Penn 2x, BJ is the tougher, more skilled fighter. If they only told Nick about the conference 2 to 3 days beforehand that isn't adequate time.The GSP/Condit main event isn't really the main event anymore.More attention will be focused on the Diaz/Penn fight. I have to agree with Cesar on these points. Funny part is....whoever wins the Penn vs. Diaz fight will more than likely get a shot at the winner between GSP and Condit.

Post #5   9/9/11 10:01:05AM   

Infused
MMA Regular

Infused Avatar
Career record: 366-244
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
184 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by Sir_Karl
While GSP has beaten BJ Penn 2x, BJ is the tougher, more skilled fighter. If they only told Nick about the conference 2 to 3 days beforehand that isn't adequate time.The GSP/Condit main event isn't really the main event anymore.More attention will be focused on the Diaz/Penn fight. I have to agree with Cesar on these points.

uhhhhhhh

Post #6   9/9/11 10:38:00AM   

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career record: 1249-696
Season: 35-17 (#36)
Bankroll: $1,569 (#964)
9910 posts
Joined 3/07

Posted by Sir_Karl

I think Cesar is right in many ways. In general the fans do not care about press conferences. Dana should have punished Nick...not the fans. While GSP has beaten BJ Penn 2x, BJ is the tougher, more skilled fighter. If they only told Nick about the conference 2 to 3 days beforehand that isn't adequate time.The GSP/Condit main event isn't really the main event anymore.More attention will be focused on the Diaz/Penn fight. I have to agree with Cesar on these points. Funny part is....whoever wins the Penn vs. Diaz fight will more than likely get a shot at the winner between GSP and Condit.

Cesar sounds like a politician with the spin he's putting on this. Of coarse he'll say that BJ is the tougher fight...what else do you expect him to say after GSP said that Condit was the tougher fight for him? GSP will not get lured into Nick's fight, while BJ's pride get's the better of him at times. So, from that perspective, this is possibly the better fight for Diaz. More attention is being focused on Diaz at the moment, but that's because he just blew the opportunity of a life time. Frankly, Cesar can say anything he wants now, but anyone that saw what he said previously knows what happened. You can't polish a turd, but he's trying his damnedest.

Post #7   9/9/11 11:33:03AM   

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career record: 1135-613
Season: 18-14 (#1169)
Bankroll: $1,740 (#869)
2893 posts
Joined 6/07

Posted by grappler0000
Cesar sounds like a politician with the spin he's putting on this. Of coarse he'll say that BJ is the tougher fight...what else do you expect him to say after GSP said that Condit was the tougher fight for him? GSP will not get lured into Nick's fight, while BJ's pride get's the better of him at times. So, from that perspective, this is possibly the better fight for Diaz. More attention is being focused on Diaz at the moment, but that's because he just blew the opportunity of a life time. Frankly, Cesar can say anything he wants now, but anyone that saw what he said previously knows what happened. You can't polish a turd, but he's trying his damnedest.

I was thinking the same thing. Its almost a 180 from what Casar was saying 24 hours ago. I'm shocked the UFC is still giving Diaz after all this. Something major had to happen to make the UFC still give him a fight at this point.

Post #8   9/9/11 2:07:35PM   

Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in