Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Arlovski or cro cop

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:
Just think about it before you flip out. Arlovski can rule ass if he gets in the right mind set. The Werdum fight was a joke but at his best he can stand with anyone. Cro cop is devistating but arlovski is better all around. opinions?...

Post #1   5/8/07 4:45:32PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. Both guys have a see-saw history. They can murder a guy one night and look disinterested the next. I think/hope that they're both getting back to their murderin' ways.

If all systems are "go", I would call Cro Cop the mild favorite over Arlovski. However, we've seen that both guys have average chins and awesome strikes, so one punch or kick could end it, either way.

Post #2   5/8/07 4:52:49PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
arlovski has shown the "tim sylvia disease" where he just has looked tentative in his last 3 bouts with the exception being about 2 seconds after the pe de pano match was restarted, so i dont know where his head is at anymore. i think almost everyone wants to see this match because you would think there will be fireworks, but who knows where CC's head is at right now, or if arlovski will be willing to get in there and bang. id pay to see it, and id take CC but with AA in there it could be a 15 second victory for either guy or a 3 round cilcle your opponent fest

Post #3   5/8/07 4:53:35PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't know if AA is better all around... I would have to say that CC has fought better comp... And people always talk about AA's "suspect chin" which I don't buy into (IMO, if you're a standup figther, you'll get KO'd more than a guy who constantly takes the fight to the ground)...

I do think this would be a good fight... And I guess the last Sambo guy that CC faced gave him trouble (given it was Fedor)... AA does have the better ground game, but on the feet it's pretty equal... I personally might think that CC would take it because he's a southpaw and knows how to use that to his advantage.

Post #4   5/8/07 4:54:40PM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:
I agree that Arlovski is better all around, as he actually has a ground game. However, The Pit Bull has been extremely disappointing in his last few outings. He has lost his killer instinct and CroCop would be the aggressor if they fought. If CroCop has the center and is stalking, there aren't many fighters who can stand with him.

CroCop has beaten fighters similar to Arlovski many times, where as Arlovski has been out struck by kick boxers and wrestlers alike. He's too inconsistent.

I hope we get to see this match up. Arlovski get the next title shot after Gonzaga, and CroCop might get a title shot if he renegotiates his contract. If Arlovski wins the title, I doubt they'll ever meet.

Post #5   5/8/07 4:58:08PM   

blkssncpt

MMA Regular

Career:434-334
Chips:
I really like both of them , I would favor the pitbull a little more because of his ground game but they are both devestating strikers and can both knock each other out. I think that arlovski has a better chin than crocop i'v seen him take harder shots then crocop and not be top hurts by it... just my two cents

Post #6   5/8/07 5:43:46PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
When AA is on, he's money. I would hope that if this fight happened, both would be ready, knowing what the other can do. would AA want to take this to the ground because of his sambo? Or do what he did in his first fight against Tim?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #7   5/8/07 5:58:52PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
AA often looks grand standing up, but we've never seen him against a really steller striker. I think Cro Cop would show him up, CC is crisper, more accurate, more intelligent and more powerful with his punches, and his LHK is the MMA Nuclear strike.

On the ground yes AA is better, but I think that CC AA would turn out much like CC Coleman did, Andrei lookng for a takedown, getting more and more worn down until CC KOs him.

However, if CC was not caring and having a bad day, AA might take it and vice versa. However, if both of them brought their A game, I think Mirko's takedown defence and lethal striking would cut AA down.

Post #8   5/8/07 6:31:25PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
all this talk of CC's chin being weak is ridiculous. The man can take a shot. He has only been K.O'd by hhuuuge strikes. Who wouldnt be knocked out from that high kick gonzaga threw? Honestly that is no criteria to judge him by. Kevin Randleman gave him a huge shots , it didnt knock him out cold . The man has traded with the best, he's taken Lebanners best shots, mark hunt, and ernesto hoosts best shots so he definitely does not have a weak chin. With that being said arlovski is more well rounded but with his tendency to avoid the ground game, Cro Cop would most likely knock him out if he has the eye of the tiger.

Post #9   5/8/07 6:43:07PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
i dont think arlvoski did one thing wrong in his last fight. he did EXACTLY as his corner told him. he was being smart, it just so happened that being smart also meant being boring. AA can be a champion if he really tries. but also now CC is going to come back stronger. CC is more experienced. It would be a great match. it would be a complete toss up for me....

Post #10   5/8/07 6:58:37PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
I honestly think Cro Cop would win by KO but in the 3rd ro 2nd. He didn't look comfortable in his last fight. Both of them didn't look good, but i think Cro Cop would take it. I am not say Arlovski is bad, he is an amazing fighter just that Cro Cop is faster, and stronger, I believe.

Last edited 5/8/07 8:56PM server time by ultimate_fighter
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   5/8/07 8:54:47PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Arlovski needs to come to fights like his old self. He needs the beard; he needs the shaggy hair; he needs those manly chest hairs; he needs his fangs. After this transformation he just becomes a nightmare for his opponents.

Post #12   5/8/07 10:20:59PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When cro-cop has his head in the game, and after a loss like that i think he will for a while, hes a beast. I dont see arlovski getting the better exchanges as cro-cop is a great counter puncher and hits hard enough to knock out anyone. I would give this to cro-cop by ko in the second or third.

Post #13   5/9/07 1:33:03PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I dont see arlovski getting the better exchanges as cro-cop is a great counter puncher and hits hard enough to knock out anyone.

i honestly think arlovski has the better stronger hands. he can knockout anyone with that right hand. just ask justin eilers, paul buentello, or vladmit matyushenko. Crocop has the powerful left straight but people can take that and still fight. No one can take the right from arlovksi and keep standing.

Post #14   5/9/07 3:24:34PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Cro Cop has fantastic hand strength, just look back over his old Pride fights to see how devastating, Coleman in particular felt their wrath.

Also see Cro Cop vs Sapp in K-1, Cro Cop fractured Sapp's orbital socket with his left hook.

Post #15   5/9/07 3:49:05PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2