Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Whole hockey team killed in crash

Print  
Posted By Message

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,419-798
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
A team in Russian khl league was wiped out when plane crashed killing all players, coaches and trainers. Ex nhler Pavel Demitra and coach Brad McCrimmon were onboard. Been a bad month for hockey, 3 suicides and this....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/09/07/russia-plane-crash.html

Last edited 9/8/11 3:09AM server time by CanadianCripplr
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #1   9/8/11 3:06:33AM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
As a huge hockey fan i was in total shock, so many good players, and up and comers on that flight. Vasyunov was a great prospect for the Devils, Stefan Liv was a swedish living legend between the pipes and was one of my favorite international goaltenders, in fact i have a Liv Swedish national team jersey.

Tough summer for hockey, a very bittersweet one for myself... as a die hard B's fan i was more than thrilled that they won the cup, but it seems like after that everything went downhill (not that they're connected) it's just weird, Boogaard, Rypien, Belak and now the Lokomotiv team, absolutely terrible news...

Thoughts and prayers go out to the former teammates, families and friends of the fallen.

Post #2   9/8/11 12:14:17PM