Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz Responds With a Video: 'I'm Sorry I Didn't Make It to the Beauty Pageant

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,976-1,572
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

TV opportunities for Diaz should he be released:

Toddlers & Tiaras
Cops
Springer
Intervention
H.R. Pufnstuf

I think he's gonna be alright...

Dead or No Deal

PS- I dont blame Diaz....I hate beauty pageants too.

Post #46   9/8/11 4:33:50PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
I don't feel sorry for him but he has a point, hes never not no-showed a fight. Screw the press conferences just let him fight. I mean if anything have him maybe not be there live but do a live video feed if he doesn't wanna go.

Post #47   9/8/11 4:36:34PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

I don't feel sorry for him but he has a point, hes never not no-showed a fight.

Hey, remember when Nick no-showed a drug test and they had to switch Jay Hieron's opponent to Jesse Taylor a week before the fight?

Because I remember that.

Post #48   9/8/11 4:53:02PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I think my last post got deleted, so i will try to keep it clean this time around.

I think this is ridiculous, how come someone disrespect and let down so many people with a crap stunt like this. Then he tries to play it off like it wasnt his fault and that the UFC wanted him so bad to fight GSP. Diaz is acting like a spoiled kid in a toy store, he clearly thinks hes above the rules and if he thought Dana would be like, Nick, its cool man, do your thing, you can just show up on game day and get a check. I hate parts of my sh*t job, but i know if i didnt show up for those, i wouldnt get my crap paycheck. Dudes got a chance to make bank and he stiffs his boss and new promotion. Way to go pal, your a smart kid.

Post #49   9/8/11 5:14:06PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,692-972
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
nearly if not all MAJOR sports have some type of obligation to do press conferences.

Do you think FOX wants to deal w/ the UFC if they start letting fighters miss press conferences & get away with it?

Whether you like w/ it or not, this is one of the things that comes w/ the UFC getting to the next level in sports

Last edited 9/8/11 5:21PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #50   9/8/11 5:21:13PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Everybody already said it... This was an opportunity of a lifetime and Nick blew it.

I knew GSP vs Diaz was too good to be true...

Post #51   9/8/11 6:46:03PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by telnights

Same old Nick, not willing to do his part of things. I don't think for a second that he was on his way to catch a flight when he pretty much avoided his manager and the UFC till the press conference was over. Just sad that he is so unprofessional and cant see the problems that he has made for everyone around him. I'm wouldn't be shocked if the UFC let him go and I don't feel it would be a bad choice on their part if they did.

I would just hold him out as long as I contractually could. If you release him he will go fight in Japan or somewhere else and still be running his mouth. This way he either gets professional help or is punished as long as possible. Maybe even make him fight dominant wrestlers with good sub d on undercards of fight nights when times up if they have to. Then he leaves with a bunch of losses or finally has to admit he's not as good as he thinks. Maynards and Ben henderson are 155ers and I think they would beat Nick . A well past his prime , part time training Hughes probably could too. Johnny Hendricks, Brennemen, Story, etc. Either way he leaves beaten or with a an attitude adjustment.

I agree with you on that. I'm really shocked they have chose to have him fight BJ.

Post #52   9/8/11 11:57:45PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,393-1,324
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by telnights

Same old Nick, not willing to do his part of things. I don't think for a second that he was on his way to catch a flight when he pretty much avoided his manager and the UFC till the press conference was over. Just sad that he is so unprofessional and cant see the problems that he has made for everyone around him. I'm wouldn't be shocked if the UFC let him go and I don't feel it would be a bad choice on their part if they did.

I would just hold him out as long as I contractually could. If you release him he will go fight in Japan or somewhere else and still be running his mouth. This way he either gets professional help or is punished as long as possible. Maybe even make him fight dominant wrestlers with good sub d on undercards of fight nights when times up if they have to. Then he leaves with a bunch of losses or finally has to admit he's not as good as he thinks. Maynards and Ben henderson are 155ers and I think they would beat Nick . A well past his prime , part time training Hughes probably could too. Johnny Hendricks, Brennemen, Story, etc. Either way he leaves beaten or with a an attitude adjustment.

I agree with you on that. I'm really shocked they have chose to have him fight BJ.

...prolly just to rescue the card's value (or keep it valuable). I really think they wanted him off the card altogether but could think of few better options. Call me a nuthugger,but I do think they did it to keep the fans (paying fans) happy.

Post #53   9/9/11 10:08:40AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Cooler

Disclaimer: Not showing up is very unprofessional and foolish, however, is this really a good reason to pull the fight? cmon what a waste money to put it into advertising it then pull the plug after one or two no shows but honestly I think the decision was made after Diaz missed the first one, Dana already had a ready made trailer for Condit vs GSP ready and it was too perfect. And to play devils advocate to Dana here Diaz did say that he was going to make it to the second one on his video response but at this point its speculation for both sides. Furthermore, there is no way Dana is cutting Diaz after just signing him and giving him an immediate title shot (personal feelings aside) but I feel that Dana was playing hawk on Diaz waiting for him to screw up because quite honestly I dont think he wants Diaz to be champ, he doesnt want to deal with guys like Diaz, their personalities are similar but just different enough to clash.

why should he be rewarded for his actions. I would have pulled him quick as sh*t

Why should we be punished because a fighter didnt show up for meaningless questions? I'm sorry but both sides deserve blame here, dana on his high horse used to say "nick just has to play the game" before he signed him, so he knew he Nick had issues with his personality or his anxiety, and i have a hard time believing dana knew nothing of this issue as he said at the press conference "does anyone think nick wouldnt have done this" well then you shouldve tried to work with Nick a little bit more if you expected it. I agree with everyone that the worst part of this was just Nick not saying "hey im not gonna make it at all" that wouldve solved everything and he probably wouldnt be as pissed with Nick... I mean his real fans and friends were worried about his health or safety, but i dont think most people understand social anxiety, it makes you not wanna be around anyone, even your best friends/family.

They couldve gone so many other ways than cancelling this superfight, what they shouldve done was just fined the crap out of him or taken away his portion of the ppv buys, but dana has an emotional breakdown again over a problem he had to of known about and quite honestly he wanted this to happen anyway because if nick won the belt he'd have to deal with his champion that he doesnt see eye to eye with. Now dana gets his wish and Diaz isnt fighting for the title yet.

Last edited 9/9/11 9:10PM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #54   9/9/11 9:08:29PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

Posted by Cooler

Right but does this really constitute a cancellation? I mean how good of a job would Nick do promoting anyway... its like asking Nick to be a salesmen, its not gonna be pretty and everyone will wish they didnt ask. I think its short of ridiculous to cancel a fight because the guy didnt show up for PR even though like i said it is unprofessional... but this is the fight game and Nick is the kind of guy that does his talking in the fight, if anything dana shouldve used this to his advantage to turn diaz into the bad guy leading into the fight "well its just nick diaz being nick diaz" and look Cro Cop didnt show up press conferences and Dana barely shed a tear... And honestly I dont think Dana or anyone else there wanted to ask him simple questions that got uncomfortable responses or a rollar coaster of emotions.

It's a title shot, against one of the UFC's most prized fighters. This isn't cro cop vs eddie sanchez.

The bottom line is that if you violate contractual obligations you get pulled. That's standard practice in any business. Dana is just supposed to bend over and say "it's Diaz being Diaz"? I think not.

I do agree with you on your point of who wants to hear Diaz ramble without direction. ADD

Oh come on, its a complete hypocrisy other than the fact that Cro Cop said he isnt showing up and Nick didnt say a word. So you think he shouldve been pulled just because he didnt answer some trivial questions that they ask every single press conference? give me a break, they couldve just taken his portion of the ppv buys away for not helping market it, easy solution, and we still get the fight and dana can market him as the bad guy, everone wins.

Why does Bisping get rewarded by getting no punishment and getting to coach on TUF when he spit on his opponents corner and clearly kneed jorge on the ground (something thats actually bad compared to not showing up to a press conference lol) ...but yet Diaz gets punished for not showing up for questions? its so hypocritical, does anyone even know what Bispings punishment was? because id like to know, sounds like he was rewarded

Post #55   9/9/11 9:17:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Why should we be punished because a fighter didnt show up for meaningless questions? I'm sorry but both sides deserve blame here, dana on his high horse used to say "nick just has to play the game" before he signed him, so he knew he Nick had issues with his personality or his anxiety, and i have a hard time believing dana knew nothing of this issue as he said at the press conference "does anyone think nick wouldnt have done this" well then you shouldve tried to work with Nick a little bit more if you expected it. I agree with everyone that the worst part of this was just Nick not saying "hey im not gonna make it at all" that wouldve solved everything and he probably wouldnt be as pissed with Nick... I mean his real fans and friends were worried about his health or safety, but i dont think most people understand social anxiety, it makes you not wanna be around anyone, even your best friends/family.

They couldve gone so many other ways than cancelling this superfight, what they shouldve done was just fined the crap out of him or taken away his portion of the ppv buys, but dana has an emotional breakdown again over a problem he had to of known about and quite honestly he wanted this to happen anyway because if nick won the belt he'd have to deal with his champion that he doesnt see eye to eye with. Now dana gets his wish and Diaz isnt fighting for the title yet.

my thoughts exactly. gotta spread the love though :(

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #56   9/10/11 3:28:43PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,682-1,471
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

nearly if not all MAJOR sports have some type of obligation to do press conferences.

Do you think FOX wants to deal w/ the UFC if they start letting fighters miss press conferences & get away with it?

Whether you like w/ it or not, this is one of the things that comes w/ the UFC getting to the next level in sports

Exactly. Welcome to the reality of professional sports.

Post #57   9/10/11 4:11:10PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4