Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz pulled from GSP fight...Carlos Condit gets the call to fight GSP

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
What's with this guy? He's been talking about how he should be the real UFC Welterweight champion, and that he could beat St. Pierre, yet now that he has the chance, he's just throwing it away. What's going on?

Post #16   9/7/11 4:53:07PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:
remember when we used to ask, "What is DW thinking by not letting Nick Diaz in the ufc?"

We just got our answer

Post #17   9/7/11 5:13:43PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Thank God, Diaz didnt stand a chance anyways. They should cut him and send him to Tachi Palace Fights 25, stiff.

Condit vs. GSP is a better match up more people will want to see.

Post #18   9/7/11 5:14:09PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,058-1,153
Chips:
diaz has no respect for the sport or his opponents.. and now he's screwed with the ufc AND strikeforce. Good luck mr.diaz

Post #19   9/7/11 5:17:47PM   

Wand_is_GOD

MMA Regular

Wand_is_GOD Avatar

Career:97-61
Chips:
O boy, he never even lasted one fight,

Post #20   9/7/11 5:18:24PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is a bummer. I know a lot of people don't like Diaz because of stunts like this, and his perceived "thuggish" image. But I don't think that's the whole story to who he is. I don't think any of us know the "real" Nick Diaz.

I am one of his biggest fans, and I just can't wrap my head around it. He's said before that if he could make his living off of triathlons, he would. He said he pretty much just fights for money, and that he wanted more of it. He also said quite some time ago, that he wanted to fight GSP. Now he's got the opportunity for huge $ and GSP and he bails.... He's had months to prep for this. This hasn't been a "three short notice title defenses in six months" experience, which he was also upset about.....

If you search the video section in this site for Nick Diaz: A day in the life, I think people will see a different Diaz than they normally see. I think Nick is not a big fan of the spotlight. I don't think he wants to be that guy in the commercials on Spike; he doesn't want to be the face of the UFC or his division. I just hope things are good with Nick personally. Maybe someday he will showcase his fighting skills again.

Post #21   9/7/11 5:23:20PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

diaz has no respect for the sport or his opponents.. and now he's screwed with the ufc AND strikeforce. Good luck mr.diaz

OR HIS FANS!!!!

As a fan of nick, I'm furious.

I don't care what excuses he has.

Hope that boxing career he talked about works out.

Last edited 9/7/11 5:33PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   9/7/11 5:25:12PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
I'm just happy they didn't choose to ask Penn if he would take it.

Post #23   9/7/11 5:34:32PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

This is a bummer. I know a lot of people don't like Diaz because of stunts like this, and his perceived "thuggish" image. But I don't think that's the whole story to who he is. I don't think any of us know the "real" Nick Diaz.

I am one of his biggest fans, and I just can't wrap my head around it. He's said before that if he could make his living off of triathlons, he would. He said he pretty much just fights for money, and that he wanted more of it. He also said quite some time ago, that he wanted to fight GSP. Now he's got the opportunity for huge $ and GSP and he bails.... He's had months to prep for this. This hasn't been a "three short notice title defenses in six months" experience, which he was also upset about.....
If you search the video section in this site for Nick Diaz: A day in the life, I think people will see a different Diaz than they normally see. I think Nick is not a big fan of the spotlight. I don't think he wants to be that guy in the commercials on Spike; he doesn't want to be the face of the UFC or his division. I just hope things are good with Nick personally. Maybe someday he will showcase his fighting skills again.

I'm not sure DIAZ knows the real DIAZ. I'm disappointed that this fight isn't happening. I'm not sure if its anxiety, maturity issues, or him just sticking it to the man but I know one thing, you screw with Dana he's gonna screw with you 10 fold

Post #24   9/7/11 5:36:37PM   

xtinax3

Learning to Sprawl

Career:557-363
Chips:
as much as i LOVE Condit, and want him to fight for the title sometime I wish the Diaz fight would still happen, I wanted to see it, and I wanted to see Bj Vs Condit as it would have been way more exciting. I hope Condit can beat GSP though but GSP is someone you just can't bet against.

Post #25   9/7/11 5:50:51PM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,519-865
Chips:
Im dissapointed, mostly because i loved the card the way it was , but now penn will probs get fitch imo. I'm just as excited for GSP vs Condit tho, hopefully Condit can make this exciting.

Post #26   9/7/11 6:40:15PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,022-1,244
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
now that zuffa owns strikeforce...diaz just shot his career in the head

Post #27   9/7/11 6:48:37PM   

mizike

Learning to Sprawl

mizike Avatar

Career:546-344
Chips:
Im pretty pissed. I love the diaz brothers, always down to fight, always exciting, gracie students, this was diaz chance to step up. He is strikeforce champ, he is on the rise, makes no sense to just dissapear, he wasnt scared, we have seen him bang with the best, this is the strangest thing I have seen in the UFC so far. Now MATT gets his ass kicked by Josh instead of an easy win and we watch maybe a better fight for condit.

All I can do is hope nothing happens to the rampage vs jones to see rampage get his belt back. I was really excited for these events coming up. SO FREAKING CONFUSED BY THIS ****.

Post #28   9/7/11 7:04:10PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,951-1,328
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
Not a fan of the Diaz brothers so this is a good deal. I would of liked to have seem GSP and Diaz but I think Condt is just as good of a challenge so I say "LETS GET IT ON"

Post #29   9/7/11 7:12:39PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Shocked...big fan of Condit and Diaz. Such a blown oppurtunity, that has just got to eat you up inside, knowing that you just blew millions that could have changed your life for not only you, but for your family as well. Obviously he has some extreme anxiety issues...but the negligence he has shown in not even returning phone calls, that's just absurd. Frankly Condit is more deserving anyways when you look at the resume of both fighters.

Condit is maybe a little more dangerous--more diverse--but still has the same holes in his game that Diaz has. Poor takedown defense--but I think Condit's guard is a little more active, and he will constantly be attacking. Looking forward to this one.

Last edited 9/7/11 7:17PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   9/7/11 7:17:01PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3