Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen only guy to ever hurt Anderson silva

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Well IMO he never ever hurt Silva...Silva didnt have a scratch on him after the fight...

He outstruck Silva, and outworked him on the ground. Since when do you need a mashed up face to perceive dominance?

Post #16   9/6/11 5:37:21PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by placente

I've been thinking hard and slow to what the media is saying about the the guy to beat Anderson silva; some say it could be Dan Henderson now or bones jones, or even GSP, but am i too crazy to say that Chael Sonnen was the only dude to ever hurt and dominate Anderson Silva and that he deserves a rematch over all of those guys?

Even before the yushin okami fight i was thinking "UFC what are you doing!!!!!" or Joe silva, give him Chael sonnen again because i believe Anderson's performance that day was really bad, and he really was overwhelmed by Cheal until the miracle Triangle choke.

Anybody feel the same or am i smoking crack? i do not discredit Jones or GSP, i just think before making a super fight like that, give him Chael first then think about other fights.

Thoughts???

Anderson Silva vs. Daiju Takase, the man can get dominated. Granted, Silva is a much better fighter now, but he does have weakness, it's just people don't have the confidence in their stand up to exploit it.

Post #17   9/6/11 5:41:13PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I dont care what anyone says about Silva being hurt...

IMO he was never hurt and was making up for his antics in previous fights...

Come on man...Think about it...Silva was on teh hot seat and really nobody was interested in his fights...The way teh Sonnen fight went down was perfect to create hype for Silva and the UFC...

Of course Silva is not hype but him destroying everyone doesnt help the UFC...Him toying with guys and acting foolish did not help teh UFC...The way the Sonnen fight went down you couldnt write a better script for the UFC in marketing Silva, pay perviews for the rematch and the ongoing hype machine the fight created...

Its funny how he gets triangled in the fifth round all sweaty....he was on whatever but didnt have the strength to pull out...Cmon man...Out of all my years of watching the UFC I have never even heard of something so perfect for building a hype...

how are the nuts. a little salty......?

Post #18   9/6/11 6:47:26PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

Posted by kingsmasher

I dont care what anyone says about Silva being hurt...

IMO he was never hurt and was making up for his antics in previous fights...

Come on man...Think about it...Silva was on teh hot seat and really nobody was interested in his fights...The way teh Sonnen fight went down was perfect to create hype for Silva and the UFC...

Of course Silva is not hype but him destroying everyone doesnt help the UFC...Him toying with guys and acting foolish did not help teh UFC...The way the Sonnen fight went down you couldnt write a better script for the UFC in marketing Silva, pay perviews for the rematch and the ongoing hype machine the fight created...

Its funny how he gets triangled in the fifth round all sweaty....he was on whatever but didnt have the strength to pull out...Cmon man...Out of all my years of watching the UFC I have never even heard of something so perfect for building a hype...

how are the nuts. a little salty......?

Post #19   9/6/11 6:52:41PM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Career:90-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
to beat AS in the stand up, a fighter has to be as creative or better than AS, and i think theres no such fighter like that.

we need to make a fight happen where AS fights a mimic cyborg of himself then maybe...... just maybe we could see AS lose by strikes

Post #20   9/6/11 8:14:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
That's funny!!
A guy who cheated fought a injured fighter and still couldn't win

Post #21   9/6/11 10:10:54PM   

ajp10k

MMA Regular

ajp10k Avatar

Career:154-118
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Silva in the 2nd fight will come in not hurt and with intentions to KO Sonnen instead of submitting him. (that is why he wore the bjj gi). I do not predict a rematch because I think Sonnen will lose to Stann. But if there is a rematch Sonnen will give him the Okami treatment.

Post #22   9/6/11 10:37:43PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
link

Pretty sure I saw him grimace in pain.

Still probably the greatest sub in MMA history.

Post #23   9/7/11 4:16:28AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,147-887
Chips:
Chael Rocked Anderson but lets look at facts.....

you cant dominate someone in a loss CHAEL LOST!...
Chael tapped out...in other words he quit! come one it wasnt a ******* decision Anderson had one plan the entire fight sub chael.
Anderson had no intention of finishing the fight standing he said on multiple occasions he only wanted to submit him, or lose trying because of the **** talk by chael about his BJJ. He had a point to prove, and for 5 rounds worked a triangle anyone who knows anything at all about BJJ could see the triange coming a mile away espically since he worked on it for 5 rounds.
Anderson had a broken rib going into the fight
Chael was taking testorone, his levels were elevated past the allowed amount, this is proven in the suspension chael had....

so to sum it up.
Chael hurt anderson, didnt dominate him becasuse he lost the fight by tapping out to a triange that Anderson worked on over and over for 5 rounds, while having a cracked rib and cheal having elevated levels of testorone...

does chael deserve a title shot? no he lost the fight and not by decision he tapped out, thats like saying if jones works rampage over for 3 rounds and then in the 4th gets knocked out by a crazy looping rampage hook that he should get a rematch...wtf.....

ok but i hope HE DOES because this time SIlva wont play around and only go for sub, he will defend the takedowns like in the past, and put his limbs all over wittle chaels chin.....its moot anyway stann will destroy chael, and prolly end anderson's streak. Stann is the future .

Post #24   9/7/11 3:36:01PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Since when does Silva have the TDD to stop Chael?

The guy couldn't even stop a gassed Travis Lutter takedown...

Post #25   9/7/11 3:40:23PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by tmas

Chael tapped out...in other words he quit! come one it wasnt a ******* decision Anderson had one plan the entire fight sub chael.
Anderson had no intention of finishing the fight standing he said on multiple occasions he only wanted to submit him, or lose trying because of the **** talk by chael about his BJJ. He had a point to prove, and for 5 rounds worked a triangle anyone who knows anything at all about BJJ could see the triange coming a mile away espically since he worked on it for 5 rounds.
Chael was taking testorone, his levels were elevated past the allowed amount, this is proven in the suspension chael had....

so to sum it up.
Chael hurt anderson, didnt dominate him becasuse he lost the fight by tapping out to a triange that Anderson worked on over and over for 5 rounds, while having a cracked rib and cheal having elevated levels of testorone...

does chael deserve a title shot? no he lost the fight and not by decision he tapped out, thats like saying if jones works rampage over for 3 rounds and then in the 4th gets knocked out by a crazy looping rampage hook that he should get a rematch...wtf.....

ok but i hope HE DOES because this time SIlva wont play around and only go for sub, he will defend the takedowns like in the past, and put his limbs all over wittle chaels chin.....its moot anyway stann will destroy chael, and prolly end anderson's streak. Stann is the future .

Come on, that's absolutely ridiculous... I don't know if you're serious or not. Anderson won 13 seconds of the fight Chael won 22 mins, i think that is domination, yeah he came out on the losing end... I guess Carwin didn't dominate Lesnar either, Manhoef didn't dominate Lawler...

Post #26   9/7/11 3:42:37PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by tmas

so to sum it up.

Come on, that's absolutely ridiculous... I don't know if you're serious or not. Anderson won 13 seconds of the fight Chael won 22 mins, i think that is domination, yeah he came out on the losing end... I guess Carwin didn't dominate Lesnar either, Manhoef didn't dominate Lawler...

Randy didn't dominate Tito either....even while spanking him

Post #27   9/7/11 3:58:01PM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Career:90-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Chael deserves a rematch because he has been the only guy to have ever demonstrated that AS is human and he can be hurt, taken down, GnPed. No matter if he juiced or not, that win didnt look like he set up from the beginning, to me it looked like he lucked out.

That was a controversial win and i think it needs to be settled once and for all, because i still don't know who is better than who.

Post #28   9/7/11 4:46:18PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Well IMO he never ever hurt Silva...Silva didnt have a scratch on him after the fight...

you need to watch that again. He hurt him. Silva was also banged up and swollen after the fight.

Post #29   9/7/11 5:58:55PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by tmas

so to sum it up.

I agree with Hendo. You can absolutely dominate a fight and end up losing at the end.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #30   9/7/11 9:30:56PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3