Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tim Sylvia: “I’m Used to the UFC Kicking Me Around”

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia says he’s used to the UFC treating him poorly, and that’s why he wasn’t offered an immediate rematch with Randy Couture, who defeated Sylvia at UFC 68 in March.

Scroll to next story to see who Franklin fights

LINK

Last edited 5/8/07 2:38PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/8/07 2:36:51PM   

CanadianHero

Learning to Sprawl

CanadianHero Avatar

Career:137-102
Camp: camp camero
Chips:
LOL some people just think the world is out to get them. Tim Sylvia needs to step back and look at the last 3 belt exchanges..... Franklin..no instant rematch...Hughes..no instant rematch..and St. Pierre isnt gona get an instant rematch either. Sylvia needs to chill out and get off the roids...again. I like the guy as a fighter but no respect for him now.... he needs to wait his turn just like everyone else...GONZAGA FOR CHAMPION all the way.

Post #2   5/8/07 5:11:00PM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

“Randy beats me by decision, and I don’t get a chance to fight him immediately? That bothers me. I’m used to the UFC kicking me around, though. It’s happened since the beginning, and it’s never stopped.“

Last edited 5/8/07 10:20PM server time by meier
6 total post edits

Post #3   5/8/07 5:33:51PM   

black96eclipse

Learning to Sprawl

black96eclipse Avatar

Career:137-97
Camp: Team Couture
Chips:
The only time I think an automatic rematch should be given is if the result was a split decision. Sylvia says the fight just went to decision? He got his ass straight beat for five rounds straight! That's worse than getting tapped out in the first round. I don't think Sylvia should be booted from the UFC, but he should at least have to accumulate a couple of back-to-back victories before he gets another title shot.

Post #4   5/8/07 11:42:41PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
UFC has a HW division now. The last automatic rematch was when the div. consisted basically of him and AA. If ANYONE deserved one, it was Hughes.

Post #5   5/9/07 1:07:26AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
gonzaga vs silvia just to shut him up and watch him get pummeled again lol. or maybe silvia vs crocop. lets see if he would still whine with that matchup!

Post #6   5/9/07 8:14:00AM   

ksumme

Learning to Sprawl

ksumme Avatar

Career:33-15
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I understand what he's saying, he was the champion, he gave AA a chance right after he beat him to reclaim it. He may want a rematch, but he got crushed by Couture for 25 minutes and before that, put on two snoozer title fights.
Sylvia needs to understand the business side of things, he doesn't sell. And until he starts knocking people out and getting back on track as far as delivering exciting fights, which HE IS capable of, nobody in that company will push for him to get a shot earlier than they have planned.
Plus, he's got CC, Nog, Vera and Gonzaga all deserving a title shot right now before him.

Last edited 5/9/07 12:42PM server time by ksumme

Post #7   5/9/07 12:41:22PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
i think they really need a tournament for the heavyweight division, even if its not grand prix style. Or dedicate an entire pay per view to seeing where the fighters stand in their division.

Oh and GSP has to wait something like 6 months for hughes and serra to fight, then probably about 3 more to let the winner train for him. Sylvia is one cooky dude

Post #8   5/9/07 1:16:21PM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
Get the man some Prozac already. Cry me a river.

Post #9   5/10/07 12:56:30PM