Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Carlos Condit and Ben Henderson Ink Multi-Fight Contract Extensions with the UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Job security is important in any job. It’s also nice to be rewarded with that job security for work well done.

That’s what the UFC has done for two top ten fighters as Carlos Condit and Ben Henderson have both inked multi-fight contract extensions with the promotion.

Condit and Henderson’s representation at First Round Management announced the news on Wednesday.

“These fight contract extensions show the MMA world that the UFC values Ben Henderson and Carlos Condit as two of its top, young stars,” First Round Management President Malki Kawa said. “Both are only 27 years old and have proven that they are contenders for titles in their weight divisions and also have strong fan bases. Fans will now be able to see them continue to grow in the Octagon.”

Full Story

Post #1   8/31/11 10:57:48PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Outstanding news

Post #2   8/31/11 11:48:13PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Outstanding news

AGREED!

Post #3   9/1/11 2:14:38AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,514-925
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I hope their agent is getting them paid well. These are two of the most exciting and skilled fighters in all of MMA today, as far as I am concerned.

Carlos Condit had several Fight of the Year candidates in the WEC. Watching him battle the way he did made me forget how young the then Welterweight champion of the WEC was. His performances in the UFC reminded me of that, because he seems to keep getting better. He seems to be regaining the "Natural Born Killer swag" (if you will) that might have been humbled in his UFC debut. Condit has a big upside, I think, and his fight with BJ Penn has FOTY written all over it.

Benson Henderson is just a machine. I really hate myself for giving it away here on the PG (not that you didn't know), but Ben Henderson cannot be submitted. I don't know what his deal is. I do know that his game appears to be progressing further from his WEC title reign. That's a scary thing if you fight at 155. In fact, I dare say his two UFC performances have been the best of his career. His muay thai has been looking disgusting and his ground and pound something vicious.

I can't wait to see how things play out for these guys. I wish them all the success in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing them as champions in their respective divisions. They both have exciting styles, and are two of the most well spoken and seemingly respectful mixed martial artists today.

Post #4   9/1/11 6:22:15AM