Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Griffin out 180 days; complete UFC 134 suspensions

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
For events outside of North America, there is no commission with direct jurisdiction to regulate. Zuffa has implemented a strict system using some of the most experienced doctors and regulators in the sport, that provides a level of regulation equal to or above the standard of most major athletic commissions. The following suspensions were released directly to MixedMartialArts.com:

LINK

Post #1   8/31/11 8:49:55AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

For events outside of North America, there is no commission with direct jurisdiction to regulate. Zuffa has implemented a strict system using some of the most experienced doctors and regulators in the sport, that provides a level of regulation equal to or above the standard of most major athletic commissions. The following suspensions were released directly to MixedMartialArts.com:

LINK

180 days sounds right for griffin, dude was knocked stupid

Post #2   8/31/11 11:42:39AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

...for the 3rd time in his last 5 fights.

Post #3   8/31/11 11:45:14AM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by prophecy033

...for the 3rd time in his last 5 fights.

This.

Post #4   8/31/11 12:36:32PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,676
Camp: country KO
Chips:
Griffin looked like he didn't belong there, he had nothing for shogun. it almost looked like he took a dive, I don't think he did it just a very poor showing for him.

Post #5   8/31/11 1:14:11PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Griffin looked like he didn't belong there, he had nothing for shogun. it almost looked like he took a dive, I don't think he did it just a very poor showing for him.

I'm not a fighter but, as a father, I can't wrap my mind around how difficult it would be to train effectively for 8/10/12 weeks (or whatever) while my girlfriend/wife/whatever is pregnant and then, on top of all that (and "all that" is a handful in and of itself, trust me), have to leave the country (not the city, not the state...the COUNTRY) for a week when the baby could potentially arrive at any minute. I give the dude major, MAJOR kudos for even accepting the fight in the first place. He's definitely a company man and I'm pretty sure he'll never have to worry about the unemployment line.

The 9 months leading up to the birth of your first child are, to put it bluntly, f'ing nuts. If someone asked me to leave the country for my job within a few days, even weeks, of the due date, I would tell them to get F'd. I understand that these guys are professionals but that means nothing (IMO) when you're talking about the birth of your child.

In other words, I think he deserves a pass on this one. Enjoy being a father, Forrest. Nothing in the world can top it. Period.

Last edited 8/31/11 1:50PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   8/31/11 1:48:39PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by machodog76

I'm not a fighter but, as a father, I can't wrap my mind around how difficult it would be to train effectively for 8/10/12 weeks (or whatever) while my girlfriend/wife/whatever is pregnant and then, on top of all that (and "all that" is a handful in and of itself, trust me), have to leave the country (not the city, not the state...the COUNTRY) for a week when the baby could potentially arrive at any minute. I give the dude major, MAJOR kudos for even accepting the fight in the first place. He's definitely a company man and I'm pretty sure he'll never have to worry about the unemployment line.

The 9 months leading up to the birth of your first child are, to put it bluntly, f'ing nuts. If someone asked me to leave the country for my job within a few days, even weeks, of the due date, I would tell them to get F'd. I understand that these guys are professionals but that means nothing (IMO) when you're talking about the birth of your child.

In other words, I think he deserves a pass on this one. Enjoy being a father, Forrest. Nothing in the world can top it. Period.

Well Said Fleek. I've gotta spread the love.

Post #7   8/31/11 2:35:08PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by machodog76

I had no idea he was having a baby, that kids gonna have fun play times with papa. Congrats Forrest

Post #8   8/31/11 2:35:54PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I had no idea he was having a baby, that kids gonna have fun play times with papa. Congrats Forrest

The baby was due 9 days or so after the fight. Forrest received word via text that his wife was in labor just prior to the post fight press conference.

LINK

Post #9   8/31/11 2:47:43PM