Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir is less focused on Brock Lesnar, more concerned with fighting Alistair Overeem in the UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Frank Mir must have followed the same diet plan as Ubereem and if so, there are a lot less horses living on this earth. We all witnessed Frank Mir in the middle of his transformation when he surprised just about everyone in America with his UFC 107 obliteration of Cheick Kongo. At some point in 2010, it was rumored that Frank Mir put on even more muscle and was walking around at 290lbs.

After he stated that he wished Brock Lesnar would be the first person to die from octagon-related injuries, Frank Mir soon realized that the 'demons' haunting him should probably not let him get on the radio to wish death upon a person. I'm not sure what demons haunt Frank Mir, but whatever they are, they have to be better than the ones in that 'Paranormal Activity' movie. I watched it because the people in the commercial were jumping out of their seats in the movie theater. Paranormal Activity just made me realize people in commercials that jump out of their seats are idiots.

LINK

Post #1   8/31/11 8:48:42AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 35-47

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,449-941
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Focus on who ever you want Frank! Whether its Brock or Reem your still gonna be picking teeth out of your soul patch by the end of it

Post #2   8/31/11 11:47:48AM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Mir doesn't want another smashing from Brock.

Post #3   8/31/11 12:38:20PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Mir has been a top heavyweight for a long time, I would love to see him fight Overeem. I think Mir could win if he fought like he like he has been recently.
I would like to see Mir take out Carwin and or Brock in a rematch, which is very possible since Mir is more well rounded and has improved, and Carwin and Brock's weaknesses have been exposed. I think Mir's career has just begun.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 2
Photo Attachment 3
Photo Attachment 4
Photo Attachment 5

Last edited 8/31/11 12:59PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #4   8/31/11 12:38:33PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,485-914
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Mir has been a top heavyweight for a long time, I would love to see him fight Overeem. I think Mir could win if he fought like he like he has been recently.
I would like to see Mir take out Carwin and or Brock in a rematch, which is very possible since Mir is more well rounded and has improved, and Carwin and Brock's weaknesses have been exposed. I think Mir's career has just begun.

I think Overeem is a bad stylistic match up for Mir. Mir's wrestling, while improving, may not be good enough to put Overeem on his back where Mir can work from the one area that he poses a serious threat to Overeem. On the feet, Mir, with his improving striking and improving ability to put people away on the feet, will have a punchers chance against Overeem, but not much more than that. Mir has shown a tendency to wilt against guys with crushing power, i.e. Lesnar, and Carwin. Overeem falls into the category of guys with crushing power, and I think that there is a chance that Overeem would ragdoll Mir and punch a hole in his face if Mir chose to strike with him. It would be a great fight and a really interesting one if it were to happen, but I just don't see it ending well for Mir.

Post #5   9/1/11 6:33:20PM