Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Rashad "Suga" Evans ?

Print  
Shogun vs Suga
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 16 55%
Rashad "Suga" Evans 13 45%
Posted By Message

hammerhead1

MMA Regular

hammerhead1 Avatar

Career:1,404-1,021
Chips:
This would be a great fight, too bad it didn't happen! hopefully it does soon,

Shogun: could win by knocking Evans out, with his dangerous punches and kicks, coming off a big loss by Jones, Rua has also beaten Former Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell with one punch to the button!

Suga: could win by taking Rua down and ground and pound, anything is possible in a fight, just one hit to the button and your out, Evans has done that to Former Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddel, Rashad has good feet movement, likes to dance around but be careful when your dancing around one of the most dangerous fighters in MMA

This would be a great fight, shogun likes the inside, evans likes the outside to counter punches, very interesting this would be!

Post #1   8/30/11 4:46:31AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,539-904
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I picked Shogun but though I'm the biggest Shogun fan in the world, I'm starting to think his best days are done, partly due to fighting in a cage and partly due to injuries.

Post #2   8/30/11 9:55:57PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
If Evans usees his speed and wrestling Rua doesnt stand much a chance...In the end with Rua...All you have to watch for is his right hand...Evans can hit you with speed and has great takedowns for MMA and Rua isn't a wrestler...

I like Rua he likes to fight but needs to learn takedown defense...

I think Evans would whip machida in a rematch...Well he would take him down...

Post #3   8/31/11 10:07:49AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think it will happen in 2012

Post #4   8/31/11 9:37:29PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

If Evans usees his speed and wrestling Rua doesnt stand much a chance...In the end with Rua...All you have to watch for is his right hand...Evans can hit you with speed and has great takedowns for MMA and Rua isn't a wrestler...

Im pretty confident nobody can take Machida down, those are pretty strong words from you coming from a fight that wasnt competitive in the least. Rashad may be a bad match for other strikers but he cant handle the distance, quickness or technique of Machida or his TDD. If anything Machida would be the one taking down Rashad, and lets not argue this. Tito just recently took Rashad down again; Rashad failed on his one attempt against Machida and Machida grappleraped Tito.

Rashad should not be ranked about Machida right now either thats insanity.

Post #5   8/31/11 9:47:31PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Do you believe Evans has more tools on the feet than Rua? The whole watch for his right hand thing is true, but if you believe that's his only tool on the feet you're crazy. Shogun comes at people with both legs and both hands. he mixes his strikes up fundamentally better than most.

Post #6   9/1/11 5:08:11AM   

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Career:60-36
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by kingsmasher

Im pretty confident nobody can take Machida down, those are pretty strong words from you coming from a fight that wasnt competitive in the least. Rashad may be a bad match for other strikers but he cant handle the distance, quickness or technique of Machida or his TDD. If anything Machida would be the one taking down Rashad, and lets not argue this. Tito just recently took Rashad down again; Rashad failed on his one attempt against Machida and Machida grappleraped Tito.

Rashad should not be ranked about Machida right now either thats insanity.

The thing is, Rashad is a completely different fighter now than he was back then. He uses all of his tools now instead of just relying on standup. I don't think he'd take Lyoto down at will, but he would at least get in a couple takedowns, in my opinion.

Post #7   9/3/11 9:58:02AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm of the opinion that Evans didn't shoot for takedowns because he wasnt close enough for the attempt to amount to anything more than expended, and wasted energy. The distance Machida put between them completely stifled Evans' wrestling.

Post #8   9/4/11 4:50:10AM   

baylee

Learning to Sprawl

Career:901-599
Camp: Team B
Chips:
I have been impressed with Evans since he won TUF. I am taking Evans in this fight.

Post #9   9/4/11 6:47:07AM