Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lindland: ‘You Don’t Sue Your Friends’

Print  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,376-760
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Not that long ago, when Team Quest was mentioned in mixed martial arts circles, two names immediately sprang to mind: Matt Lindland and Dan Henderson.

However, the two have gone their separate ways, and, in February, Henderson filed a lawsuit against Lindland in California federal court alleging trademark infringement, copyright infringement and unfair competition regarding the Team Quest brand. Lindland countersued the Strikeforce light heavyweight champion for claims including trademark and copyright infringement, unfair competition, deceptive advertising, breach of contract and interference with Lindland’s future business relationships.

LINK

Post #1   8/29/11 7:56:58PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,376-760
Chips:

“I never heard anything from [Henderson] before he filed the lawsuit,” he told Sherdog.com. “I thought we were friends. He never called me and said he had a problem with me. He just filed the lawsuit. That’s not how I do things. You don’t sue your friends.I guess we didn’t have the same opinion when it came to our friendship.Maybe that’s the way they do things [where Henderson lives]. Dan wouldn’t call me before the lawsuit, and we haven’t talked since it got filed.”

I found this funny coming from guy that cheated and sued his way on the US Olympic team.

Post #2   8/29/11 8:01:51PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by telnights

“I never heard anything from [Henderson] before he filed the lawsuit,” he told Sherdog.com. “I thought we were friends. He never called me and said he had a problem with me. He just filed the lawsuit. That’s not how I do things. You don’t sue your friends.I guess we didn’t have the same opinion when it came to our friendship.Maybe that’s the way they do things [where Henderson lives]. Dan wouldn’t call me before the lawsuit, and we haven’t talked since it got filed.”

I found this funny coming from guy that cheated and sued his way on the US Olympic team.

They don't call him 'The Law' for nothing

Post #3   8/29/11 8:43:05PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by telnights

and stole and sold plants he allowed a medicinal mariuana patient to legally grow on his property

Last edited 8/29/11 10:12PM server time by beer
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   8/29/11 10:11:30PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,228-1,515
Chips:
Lindland's nickname should be "above the Law".

Post #5   8/29/11 10:31:11PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Lindland's nickname should be "above the Law".

Good flick with Steven Seagal

Last edited 8/30/11 1:04AM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   8/30/11 1:03:52AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Chips:
"You don't sue your friends." Very true, but when someone sneaks a clause taking away your right to use the name and logo into a contract and then sends you a cease and desist letter a few years later, you have to question whether he is really your friend.

Post #7   8/30/11 1:40:21AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,642-1,635
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

"You don't sue your friends." Very true, but when someone sneaks a clause taking away your right to use the name and logo into a contract and then sends you a cease and desist letter a few years later, you have to question whether he is really your friend.

Pow!

Post #8   8/30/11 1:04:51PM