Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jon "Bones" Jones vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson?

Print  
Bones vs Rampage
Jon "Bones Jones 25 64%
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 10 26%
Draw 4 10%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by the_01

I feel sorry for Rampage. This fight will ruin his legacy. Cause he will be man-handled.

Ludicrous statement of the day goes to...this guy.

I think Rampage takes this fight. I don't like the way Jones is talking leading up to the fight. He seems to be looking to the Rashad fight already. I agree with 40ouncetpkid. I think Quinton will drop him.

Post #16   9/2/11 10:55:34AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I don't think we're going to see Jones open up with his feet, and i don't think he comes out as aggressive as most people are thinking. Either of those strategies lead to giving Rampage more potential to time & counter Jones, his technical strengths on the feet. Knowing Greg Jackson and his style of gameplanning his fighters in a very Risk-averse manner, he will certainly try to get Jones to fight in a more calculating and plodding manner.

If you're taking Jones to win by stoppage in the 1rst. I think you're a little crazy.

Jones reach will be a tremendous help keeping Rampage away from the pocket, but it will also hinder his ability to fight on the inside if Rampage collapses the pocket with regularity.

Jones has two main tools that he uses when people get close. Flashy-Awesomeness, and Greco throws. He swtiches between the two with regularity. For an "Unpredictable" fighter, he follows predictable patterns.

I think Jones' flashy awesomeness is a risky bet against Rampage. He parries arm strikes very well. Better than just about anyone in the sport really. And those spinning manuevers can get Jones Ko'd if Rampage times Jones spin and hits his head in the opposite rotational direction. And Jones frequently attempts those manuevers when his opponents get close. He also slaps their thigh to measure distance practically every time he throws it. A good trainer should catch this and drill the appropriate counterin Rampage's regimend. Not saying it's going to be completely ineffective, but he runs a risk as he attempts it.

Jones Greco on the other hand, should be his main tool. Get rampage on his back from the inside, I don't believe he can shoot in on him too successfully due to the contrasting body builds. (Rampage is thick, low, and stocky, Jones is the opposite; Rampage's build gives him an advantage in defending orthodox freestyle type takedowns).

But Rampage's success will hinge entirely on whether he can slip Jones punches on the onside and return counter. The straighter Jones punches, the higher the chance rampage can time them. Rampage has always been a master at deflecting straight punches as he's coming in.

Post #17   9/3/11 1:21:49AM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Career:90-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
he was submitted by kazushi sakuraba by rear naked choke in 2001 his second loss

Post #18   9/4/11 9:32:32PM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by DeadHead988

I'm in the small minority who have Bones winning by submission

Probably because there is hardly any chance that Bones will submit him. He may choke him out but I just don't see Rampage tapping. I don't think Rampage has ever been submitted. Jones will outpoint him for 5 rounds and thats all.

he was submitted by kazushi sakuraba by rear naked choke in 2001 his second loss

Post #19   9/4/11 9:34:02PM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Chips:
i think the fight is heavily favored towards bones jones, but me as being a rampage fan i think he may shock the world, he is one right hand away from becoming a 2nd time light heavyweight champion.

remember nobody thought he could beat chuck back in 06' yet he knocked him out, first one ever to do so in the when chuck liddell was at his prime.

Post #20   9/4/11 9:40:37PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2