Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC announces seven-year deal with FOX, debuts live fights on Nov. 12

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As expected, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is heading to FOX.

UFC and FOX officials today announced a new seven-year, multimedia-rights agreement that includes four live event broadcast in prime time on FOX, as well as four to six live events each year on FOX's cable network, FX.

LINK

Other places covering this.

LINK

LINK

Last edited 8/18/11 2:58PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/18/11 1:45:16PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Does this mean new life for TUF, because I thought that might be coming to an end.

I didn't feel like opening and reading the article. So there is this new deal, but are they still on with versus, maybe untill that deal is up?

Post #2   8/18/11 2:21:03PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Does this mean new life for TUF, because I thought that might be coming to an end.

I didn't feel like opening and reading the article. So there is this new deal, but are they still on with versus, maybe untill that deal is up?

New life for TUF should include a new opening theme. This ain't 2005. . . emo-rap-metal is lame.

Post #3   8/18/11 2:27:40PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

New life for TUF should include a new opening theme. This ain't 2005. . . emo-rap-metal is lame.

CRAZY TOWN FTW!!!

Post #4   8/18/11 2:35:00PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Chips:
This is awesome. FOX is huge. American Idol, The Simpsons, Family Guy... Hell I think they've had the world series and the super bowl before. And FX has It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Archer.... Both are way more legit channels than Spike, and I would guarantee both draw more viewers, day and night.

Not to mention the Fox Sports Net family of channels, which is also huge. Out here in So Cal we have FSN 1 and FSN 2, one of which is like Lakers/Dodgers games, the other is Angels/Clippers games. The amount of promotion Fox is capable with all their channels dumps on Spike. And they will promote the sport, unlike Spike. And 8-10 free cards a year is pretty sweet...

Post #5   8/18/11 2:48:49PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

FX and FUEL TV will also broadcast extensive UFC programming, including live fights, pre- and post-event shows, countdown shows, 'UFC Unleashed,' 'UFC Primetime,' 'UFC Knockouts,' 'Best of PRIDE' and weigh-in specials, as well as "The Ultimate Fighter," which will now feature live fights and fan-voted matchup during two annual seasons.

Fan-voted matchups? Don't know if I like that.

Post #6   8/18/11 2:48:53PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

FX and FUEL TV will also broadcast extensive UFC programming, including live fights, pre- and post-event shows, countdown shows, 'UFC Unleashed,' 'UFC Primetime,' 'UFC Knockouts,' 'Best of PRIDE' and weigh-in specials, as well as "The Ultimate Fighter," which will now feature live fights and fan-voted matchup during two annual seasons.

Same here. Remember the disaster after Dana let fans vote on which fighters were awarded a Fight Night bonus?

Post #7   8/18/11 2:52:14PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
I don't remember that, prolly b/c I didn't do it.

Filming a week by week basic is going to really hecktic for the network/UFC, I believe that's what South Park does, I read something about it how they do it really close before it airs.

But we'll see, I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Post #8   8/18/11 2:57:08PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I like it

, the only thing I hope they keep it on with a regular time and day, I couldnt stand how UFCis in spike so randomly, over the past 2 years. They should put fights on year round on wed.'s, to make it the same night as TUF is, so everyone can get into the habit of watching.

Post #9   8/18/11 2:57:43PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:

Post #10   8/18/11 3:02:18PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Same here. Remember the disaster after Dana let fans vote on which fighters were awarded a Fight Night bonus?

lets be real though, it was a Montreal card with GSP in the main event. did you really expect anything else?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   8/18/11 3:07:19PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

I don't remember that, prolly b/c I didn't do it.

Filming a week by week basic is going to really hecktic for the network/UFC, I believe that's what South Park does, I read something about it how they do it really close before it airs.

But we'll see, I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Video

Post #12   8/18/11 3:20:52PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

lets be real though, it was a Montreal card with GSP in the main event. did you really expect anything else?

Fans across the world were allowed to vote, though. Not just Canadians.

Post #13   8/18/11 3:22:37PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
Those damn casual fans...

Post #14   8/18/11 3:28:39PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I like it

, the only thing I hope they keep it on with a regular time and day, I couldnt stand how UFCis in spike so randomly, over the past 2 years. They should put fights on year round on wed.'s, to make it the same night as TUF is, so everyone can get into the habit of watching.

Well I think they are moving TUF to friday night, if i read it right. But I get what you're saying. But I think they will have them on fri,sat,sun or wed.

Post #15   8/18/11 3:31:44PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3