Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar Announces 'I'm Back!' - 100% Healthy and Wants to be Champion Again

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"What's new in the life of Brock Lesnar? Well, recently I went under the knife and had surgery for my diverticulitis. I feel like a new man, I feel great, healthy, strong - I feel like I used to feel."

"Right now [it's] one day at a time for me. My future, I believe there's still a bright future in the UFC for me. My health is a hundred percent. I feel great, my motivation is there and I want to get on the map again, I want to become the UFC Heavyweight Champion again and I believe I will do that."

- Brock Lesnar

*There is a video after the jump*

LINK

Post #1   8/18/11 11:30:48AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:
can't wait to see him back. i dont even consider myself a fan, but I love seeing how raw talent equates in the octagon, no matter what size the fighter is.

btw, his diverticulitis is probably from eating all that jack links beef jerky

Post #2   8/18/11 12:24:05PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,206-1,363
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
Great news , bet he has one fight then a title shot . Would still be interested in the JDS fight.

Post #3   8/18/11 12:27:07PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Mir vs. Brock III

Winner gets a title shot.

Post #4   8/18/11 12:30:35PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
Not sure if he will ever be champion again with Cain and Junior around. Never know, though.

Post #5   8/18/11 12:32:51PM   

Grimus

Learning to Sprawl

Grimus Avatar

Career:578-353
Chips:
i hear is gunna be allistar oveereem at ufc 140!!!!!

Post #6   8/18/11 12:43:15PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Mir vs. Brock III

Winner gets a title shot.

Post #7   8/18/11 12:48:30PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by Grimus

That would be cool, but where are you hearing this from

Post #8   8/18/11 12:49:32PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
CHICKEN SALAD!!!!

Post #9   8/18/11 12:52:22PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by Grimus

That would be cool, but where are you hearing this from

Someone (goes by "Hammer's Hamill") posted some rumors on the UG the other day (EDIT: I thought it mentioned Brock/Overeem but I was wrong). Apparently, he's done so in the past and has been correct quite a few times. Dana White posted a reply saying the guy was full of crap on mostly everything with the exception of Barnett's licensing issues.

Original post from Hammer's Hamill...

Its been awhile and im back... Allistar Overeem and Golden Glory management are back in zuffa's good graces and have been negoiating in good faith and have come to a deal with ufc for allistar overeem im told this will be announced very shortly with the possibility of reem making his debut at ufc 140 and if not The January new years show...

As for Brock Lesnar his medicals will be back this week and a decision on his status for ufc 140 will be determined.. Brock is on his last fight of his contract and has decided not to renegoiate a new contract with zuffa at this time... Zuffa want Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir as there main event pending lesnars health but have softened there stance... With zuffa gageing public interests from reading varous mma related fourms and twitter bombing dana about the fight other options have been discused.... Like winner of nog schwab but nothing set in stone... Brock gets to pick his opponment for his return fight and all indications are He is going to choose frank mir... Mir expects this matchup...

With ufc 140 undercard completed there buying time to make a co main event and main event ... Co main event will be lyoto machida vs Franlin or bader and possibly davis... Zuffa dont want too book the davis fight and build him slowly but im told its also on the table but doubtful... Dan Henderson name is another possibility as talks have been good between both sides and henderson would take co main with machida for number one contender ... Dan has stated he wants time off but its a ploy for more bargining power... Co main and main event for ufc 140 will be announced within 2 weeks with tickets going on sale in 3 weeks as im told....

Meeting with showtime next week to discuss strikeforce extending there deal with sho sports... Strikeforce for the time being will not be dying there are plans like ive stated before to turn it into a regional feeder show and slowly expand out of there strong markets.. Zuffa was highly dissapointed with the strikeforce ratings for fedor vs henderson card as they expected alot more viewers....

Ufc is working on a multi network deal with fox and talks are still going on with spike tv... deal would be ufc doing 3 to 5 network specials in primetime on saturday nights while remaining on spike... there have been a few other networks showing interest and entering negoiations but zuffa has over priced there brand nothing finalized as zuffa entertaining offers but fox leading candadate....

zuffa looks to have gained barnett clearance for the next round of the tourny but his issues with nsac and csac will need to be addressed very shortly as strikeforce will not be catering for one fighter ive been told... The coker regeime are responsible for these issues and the inmates run the aslyum... Zuffa fighters will be going over to the strikeforce brand still and its being discussed this month has been the busiest month in zuffa history im told... Ufc is looking to expand to sweden and japan for 2012 and Zuffa will be expanding there canadian market place by going to alberta in 2012 also... Will post more info as i get it...

...and Dana White's response...

LOL LITERALLY EVERYTHING THIS GUY SAID IS BS! We talked to GG after i interviewed with ariel. We are not even close to a deal with allistar but we are working on it. Brock is NOWHERE near the end of his contract and isnt waiting for any medical reports. We have no fights on the table for Machida or Rich. Everything he says about strikeforce and showtime is not true and the same with the TV negotiations other than the rumors that have been spread and most people have already heard. He's not too far off on the last paragraph but any of you could have figured that out and i have said in 50 interviews that we have never been this busy!

Last edited 8/18/11 12:56PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   8/18/11 12:55:09PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by Grimus

DOWN!!!!!!

EDIT: Damn, I wish I read your post before I posted this and got excited Fleek.

Last edited 8/18/11 1:00PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   8/18/11 12:58:32PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I don't want Brock to be champion again but we all know he is one fight away from a title shot.

Post #12   8/18/11 1:04:39PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
Thanks Fleek

Post #13   8/18/11 1:16:20PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Not sure if he will ever be champion again with Cain and Junior around. Never know, though.

He has a very good chance to beat both with his strength and wrestling....

He had Cain where he wanted him against the fence...Another perfect example where a fighter just gets away from teh game plan...I love Cain as a fighter..but I still think wrestling wins and if Brock smartens up and realizes that is all hes got he cant be beat...He wanted to trade and his standup is not good enough to trade with Cain or JDS...

If JDS doesnt connect flush early I think hes on his back...

Post #14   8/18/11 1:27:48PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Glad to hear he is doing good.

But would like to see him get some fights under his belt, instead of being thrown in against the top dogs or have one fight and then a title shot.

I'd like to see Brock face like Russow or Rothwell, but they might have fights already set up. And also there isn't a lot of options at HW, so it will prolly be a top guy.

Also, like to see him be built up some because who knows what back to back losses might do to him.

Post #15   8/18/11 1:41:13PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2