Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dan Hardy

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That was a b**** move Hardy tried to pull with those takedowns. It's something that would make me not like a fighter. Don't whine about guys not standing with you then shoot for takedowns after the guys promises to stand and bang. Glad Lytle made that last takedown attempt bite him in the ass.

Post #1   8/14/11 11:19:59PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Lytle tried the same thing earlier.......give Hardy one more fight.

Post #2   8/14/11 11:27:46PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Nah, Hardy needs to go. 4 in a row is just too much.

Post #3   8/14/11 11:46:24PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Nah, Hardy needs to go. 4 in a row is just too much.

I agree i think it's time to let the outlaw go

Post #4   8/14/11 11:55:20PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,971-1,169
Chips:
Hardy is completely out of my ww picture. Is in the realm of how Babalu was in the ufc. Good enough to get to the title but not good enough to sustain it. I would cut him, let him get some confidence back and see if he improves his whole ground game. When and if he does, the ufc will re-sign him. I like Hardy, he just needs to improve

Post #5   8/14/11 11:55:47PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think they should keep Hardy and that's not something I'd say about many on a 4 fight losing streak. He's coming off of a title shot, 2 main events, and 2 co-main events in his last 4 fights. There's no positive to cutting an asset like that especially when his contract isn't unbearable.

Post #6   8/15/11 12:02:40AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
I think Strikeforce would be the best place for him right now

Post #7   8/15/11 12:12:50AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
He's not getting cut.

Lorenza tweeted that he wouldnt be cut and it was retweeted by dana.

Post #8   8/15/11 12:23:43AM   

FastKnockout

----PAPERBOY----

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Chips:
The issue I have about Hardy is where does he go from here? He's lost almost every way possible. Decisided, knocked out, and submitted. He had to beg for someone to stand with him, because he has a major weakness in his wrestling. What will the UFC do? Feed him strikers for the rest of his career? Even then that's still risky, because Hardy's been knocked out once, and it could happen again.

I mean come on, he backed himself up in a corner tonight. He whined and begged for an opponent that would stand and trade with him, Lytle accepted. Then Hardy had no choice but to stand with Lytle even though he was losing because he built hype that he needed to live up to. The UFC doesn't need fighters like that.

I'm tired of seeing guys with three or fight losing streaks being treated like royalty due to entertainment, when guys like Jon Fitch and Jim Miller get the blind eye.

Post #9   8/15/11 3:11:05AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Chips:
Screw wins and losses. Hardy's fights, imo, are exciting...that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

Not to mention the draw he has with the fans across the pond...

Last edited 8/15/11 8:49AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   8/15/11 8:48:53AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Hardy is completely out of my ww picture. Is in the realm of how Babalu was in the ufc. Good enough to get to the title but not good enough to sustain it. I would cut him, let him get some confidence back and see if he improves his whole ground game. When and if he does, the ufc will re-sign him. I like Hardy, he just needs to improve

Babalu was a good fighter though. Hardy went 4-0 but really he could have easilly been 2-2, then they give him GSP simply because noone of the better fighters has a win streak long enough. He was gifted a title shot and then performed failtastically since.

And as for the excitement of his fights, it is really exciting watching him get beat up spectacularly. Just like Tito. Just like Bisping when he fights talented fighters.

Post #11   8/15/11 9:35:40AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I'm tired of seeing guys with three or fight losing streaks being treated like royalty due to entertainment, when guys like Jon Fitch and Jim Miller get the blind eye.

And Yushin Okami.

Post #12   8/15/11 9:37:07AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

That was a b**** move Hardy tried to pull with those takedowns. It's something that would make me not like a fighter. Don't whine about guys not standing with you then shoot for takedowns after the guys promises to stand and bang. Glad Lytle made that last takedown attempt bite him in the ass.

Sorry, but I don't see that as being any different than guys saying they're going to stand and bang with him (Rumble) and then proceed to dry hump him for 15 minutes.

The bottom line is if you can execute a takedown, do it. If you can defend the takedown, do it. Your opponent's word means squat when you're fighting for your paycheck and, ultimately, your job. You do what you have to do to win. These guys are professionals...they know that. We, as fans, should know better.

Post #13   8/15/11 9:51:00AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by FastKnockout

Sorry, but I don't see that as being any different than guys saying they're going to stand and bang with him (Rumble) and then proceed to dry hump him for 15 minutes.

The bottom line is if you can execute a takedown, do it. If you can defend the takedown, do it. Your opponent's word means squat when you're fighting for your paycheck and, ultimately, your job. You do what you have to do to win. These guys are professionals...they know that. We, as fans, should know better.

No, he complained about noone standing with him like morons. Then one did and smashed him and he went for the takedown using tactics he was just talking smack about.

Post #14   8/15/11 12:32:32PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ghandikush

No, he complained about noone standing with him like morons. Then one did and smashed him and he went for the takedown using tactics he was just talking smack about.

I'm not deaf or illiterate. I know exactly what he said. I'm saying none of that matters once the cage door closes. Once the fight starts, you're in there to win no matter what or how you go about it. Especially when you're desperate for a win.

Post #15   8/15/11 12:35:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2