Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Get this...

Print  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
This is just me bitching, and has nothing to do with MMA. Just wanted to throw that out there so no one got the wrong idea...

Anyways... I bowl on a league on the South side of St. Paul. We pay 13$ everyweek to bowl 3 games. Something like 8$ or that goes to the lanes, and the rest is collected in a "League fund" and later goes to pay for the banquet & trophies, and the rest is divied up amoungst the teams and returned to the players.

It's actually pretty fun, every year, after the banquet, you get a little bit of cash (on average it's like 75$) and then the team will go out to the bar that sponsers us and get all pirate-eyed and make foools of our selves... It's a goddamn yearly tradition....

So this year, we get to the banquet and got to go through all this stupid shit... When it comes time to hand out the money, the seceratary/treasurer guy is no where to be found... So the president hands out the team envelopes (that have our money in them)... And low and behold they're empty.

So the guy robs all of us, for a nice tidy some of over 6500$'s... And not only does he have the balls to show up for the begining of the banquet, but he also took it upon himself to put in a handsigned IOU for each team... ie) I owe you 425$, signed John Smith, and on top of that charged the league a 450$ "secretaries fee"...

Anyways, that kicked off a shitty weekend... I'll tell you what, I haven't been in a room full of 60+ people that were that pissed off in a long time, lol... Anyhow, just wanted to vent a little, sorry for wasting you time and thanks for listening.

Post #1   5/7/07 5:00:57PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
wow, now thats crooked... I think you all should use him as the pins, and go for the 7-10 split! ;)

Post #2   5/7/07 5:05:22PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

This is just me bitching, and has nothing to do with MMA. Just wanted to throw that out there so no one got the wrong idea...

Anyways... I bowl on a league on the South side of St. Paul. We pay 13$ everyweek to bowl 3 games. Something like 8$ or that goes to the lanes, and the rest is collected in a "League fund" and later goes to pay for the banquet & trophies, and the rest is divied up amoungst the teams and returned to the players.

It's actually pretty fun, every year, after the banquet, you get a little bit of cash (on average it's like 75$) and then the team will go out to the bar that sponsers us and get all pirate-eyed and make foools of our selves... It's a goddamn yearly tradition....

So this year, we get to the banquet and got to go through all this stupid shit... When it comes time to hand out the money, the seceratary/treasurer guy is no where to be found... So the president hands out the team envelopes (that have our money in them)... And low and behold they're empty.

So the guy robs all of us, for a nice tidy some of over 6500$'s... And not only does he have the balls to show up for the begining of the banquet, but he also took it upon himself to put in a handsigned IOU for each team... ie) I owe you 425$, signed John Smith, and on top of that charged the league a 450$ "secretaries fee"...

Anyways, that kicked off a shitty weekend... I'll tell you what, I haven't been in a room full of 60+ people that were that pissed off in a long time, lol... Anyhow, just wanted to vent a little, sorry for wasting you time and thanks for listening.

Don't you know where this guy lives if hes your secretary? You'd be amazed how easy you can get money owed to you when you show up at their doorstep.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #3   5/8/07 1:08:41AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Anyways... I bowl on a league on the South side of St. Paul.

dude, i live in hudson

Post #4   5/8/07 1:39:32AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Sounds we need to get some MMAplaygrounders together and go bust some skulls

Post #5   5/8/07 11:35:53AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Don't you know where this guy lives if hes your secretary? You'd be amazed how easy you can get money owed to you when you show up at their doorstep.

Ya, I think everyone knows where he lives... He's been this leagues sec for 6 or 7 years... The thing is that if something like this happens, the league's money is insured by the National Bowling Congress or whatever it's called... And in order to file the insurance claim, you have to file a police report... That's 6500$'s, so that's a pretty serious felony... And I'm sure the fellas up in Stillwater prison will do worse things to him, than I could imagine...

That, and I'm working for my citizenship, and have to show 5-10 years of moral perpetude (because of prior problems with the law)... I'm on year 7, so I have to be an upstanding citizen for a few more years

Last edited 5/8/07 2:42PM server time by pv3Hpv3p
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   5/8/07 2:42:39PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

dude, i live in hudson

Cool man... I live in Woodbury actually, so I'm just across the St. Croix from you... Oh, and if you're familiar, we bowl down at Wells Lanes off of Concord and I494

Hudson's a lot of fun... I used to go to college in River Falls just up the road... And still have some friends that live out in the area...

I think last time I was in your town, we got kicked out of Dick's like we always do... Then went and caused a ruckus at Dibbo's, and ended the night up at Pudges... I always have a blast when I go to Sconi

I'm actually supposed to go out to dinner with some broad out there on Wed (tomorrow) at a place called "Bricks" or something like that (Ever been?)... But I think I'm gonna "call in sick" and go to the Twins game with some buddies instead...

Post #7   5/8/07 2:50:38PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

dude, i live in hudson

Cool man... I live in Woodbury actually, so I'm just across the St. Croix from you... Oh, and if you're familiar, we bowl down at Wells Lanes off of Concord and I494

Hudson's a lot of fun... I used to go to college in River Falls just up the road... And still have some friends that live out in the area...

I think last time I was in your town, we got kicked out of Dick's like we always do... Then went and caused a ruckus at Dibbo's, and ended the night up at Pudges... I always have a blast when I go to Sconi

I'm actually supposed to go out to dinner with some broad out there on Wed (tomorrow) at a place called "Bricks" or something like that (Ever been?)... But I think I'm gonna "call in sick" and go to the Twins game with some buddies instead...

im a transplant from milwaukee. my wife is from hudson and also went to college in RF. my daughters 4th grade teacher owns dick's. bricks is awsome. good neopolitan pizzas and great salads. non profit, all their profits go to charity

theres about a 1/2 dozen guys in the playground that live around us

Post #8   5/8/07 10:46:17PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Svartorm

Ya, I think everyone knows where he lives... He's been this leagues sec for 6 or 7 years... The thing is that if something like this happens, the league's money is insured by the National Bowling Congress or whatever it's called... And in order to file the insurance claim, you have to file a police report... That's 6500$'s, so that's a pretty serious felony... And I'm sure the fellas up in Stillwater prison will do worse things to him, than I could imagine...

That, and I'm working for my citizenship, and have to show 5-10 years of moral perpetude (because of prior problems with the law)... I'm on year 7, so I have to be an upstanding citizen for a few more years

Yup, that'll get him into some huge trouble. What a fool that guy is!

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #9   5/9/07 1:25:08AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
This guy sounds like a real scum bag, call the hammer of justice down upon*

*and by that I mean the gavel banging out a "guilty" verdict in the courtroom, not the "hammer of justice" of an angry mob armed with garage tools!

Post #10   5/9/07 12:14:26PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I like the way you think man! lol ;)

Post #11   5/9/07 12:21:28PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

This guy sounds like a real scum bag, call the hammer of justice down upon*

*and by that I mean the gavel banging out a "guilty" verdict in the courtroom, not the "hammer of justice" of an angry mob armed with garage tools!

You know the thing was that he seemed like a really decent guy... Really softspoker, nice, and seemed really honest... I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, and that guy sure had me and the rest of the league fooled...

To be honest, you kinda had to feel bad for him... I would bet on my life that he wasn't a drug addict... The guy didn't drink at all while we were bowling (an amazing feat in itself)... But he was also a hardcore Christian (would always ask us to tone down the cussing etc)... I would have to guess it was a gambling problem or maybe something more serious, and he was looking at losing his house or something, and figured he'd rather ride it out in the clink than leave his family on the streets...

Or maybe I'm just way off and the dude's a total scumbag and spent all our cash on hookers and blow, Marion Barry style... Never can tell I guess...

Post #12   5/9/07 5:48:13PM