Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Top Prospects In Each Division?

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,000-3,026
Chips:
Heavyweight: Travis Browne

Light Heavyweight: Alexander Gustafsson

Middleweight: Chris Weidman

Welterweight: Rory MacDonald

Lightweight: Edson Barboza Jr.

Featherweight: Dustin Poirier

Bantamweight: Michael McDonald

Post #1   8/12/11 12:38:22AM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:4,175-2,431
Chips:
good list

IMO Mike McDonald is a bit overated i think Jimmie Riveira and Eduarto Dantas are better all aroud fighter

Jimmie Riveira

Eduardo Dantas

Post #2   8/12/11 12:49:38AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I agree with most. I'd put Phil Davis at LHW as I still consider him a prospect and work in progress but I think he can/will be champ one day and I'd put Koch over Poirer at FW. I'd also put Mitrione over Brown. Sure we know him better than Travis Browne because of TUF, but he has less than half as many fights and Browne has already fought Kongo and Struve and Mitrione hasn't even been elevated to that level of competition yet so I'll go Mitrione.

Good list

Post #3   8/12/11 1:28:43AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:5,000-3,026
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I agree with most. I'd put Phil Davis at LHW as I still consider him a prospect and work in progress but I think he can/will be champ one day and I'd put Koch over Poirer at FW. I'd also put Mitrione over Brown. Sure we know him better than Travis Browne because of TUF, but he has less than half as many fights and Browne has already fought Kongo and Struve and Mitrione hasn't even been elevated to that level of competition yet so I'll go Mitrione.

Good list

I thought about Phil Davis, but I was kind of hesitant to add him considering he was going to fight Rashad Evans whose the number one contender in the division.

Koch and Porier could be interchangeable, depending on personal preference. I see a bright future ahead for Porier, though.

I added Browne instead of Mitrione because I'm not sold on the Mitrione hype yet. Sure, he's on an impressive winning streak, but it's against the lower end up the division. I want him to fight someone higher in the rankings and see if he deserves a title such as prospect. Browne did against Struve, but showed against Kongo that he still has a long road ahead of him.

Post #4   8/12/11 1:46:05PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Most of those guys are pretty established already. When I think of prospect I think of guys not in the UFC yet.

HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Rafael Feijao
MW: ?
WW: Jordan Mein
LW: Maximo Blanco
FW: Yuri Alcantara
BW: ?

Post #5   8/12/11 7:28:28PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:1,113-790
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Most of those guys are pretty established already. When I think of prospect I think of guys not in the UFC yet.

HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Rafael Feijao
MW: ?
WW: Jordan Mein
FW: Yuri Alcantara
BW: ?

I'm going to do what Cooler said and do guys outside of the UFC

HW: Cole Konrad
LHW: Roger Gracie
MW: Luke Rockhold
WW: Ben Askren
FW: Joe Soto
BW: Eduardo Dantas

Post #6   8/12/11 7:53:27PM   

free_style_52

Learning to Sprawl

Career:95-79
Camp: Vanilla Ice Ice Baby
Chips:
HW: Matt Mitrione (he's not young but he's new)
LHW: Kyle Kingsbury
MW: Chris Weidmen
WW: Carlos Rocha (Rory Macdonald is above this in my opinion
LW: Charles Oliveria (debatable whether he should be considered)
FW: Eric Koch
BW: Michael McDonald

These are just up and comers I like and I'm not claiming them to be the "best" prospects.

And I apologize for terrible spelling...

Post #7   8/14/11 1:49:18AM   

deck15

MMA Regular

Career:481-348
Chips:
There's a lot out there the thing i dont get is posting guys in the ufc as prospects I mean its the biggest org in the world... but as a prospect id go with Kurt Kinser at fw or bw dudes a killer and just started training mma full time after winning over 100 matches at Indiana a big ten school. Currently he's 3-0 beating 1 current ufc fighter shamair Bailey and former tuf house guy Daniel head

Post #8   8/16/11 3:22:49PM