Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sonnen is just crazy..

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Sonnen-Its-a-Criminal-Act-to-Manufacture-Conflict-34681

“I don’t manufacture conflict,” Sonnen said on Bruce Buffer’s “It’s Time” show on the Sherdog Radio Network. “I don’t try to sell fights or talk trash or hype anything. I hear those things said about myself. I see people constantly attempt to imitate me, but that’s not what I’m doing. I don’t make anything up. If I don’t mean it, I won’t say it. Apparently in the fight business you’re allowed to say things that you don’t mean to sell fights, and I hate that concept. I can’t tell you how dishonest I find that.”

In particular, Sonnen cited Josh Koscheck’s apparent disdain for Georges St. Pierre leading up to their rematch in December 2010.

“I’ve known Josh Koscheck for 13 years,” Sonnen said. “He’s got my full support. He’s a friend of mine. If I had the ability, I would have fired him after the St. Pierre fight. Not because of the beyond atrocious performance he put on but [for] the fact that he built the fight up -- he hyped it and he grabbed the microphone and tells everybody, ‘Hey, I didn’t mean that.’ Somewhere in fighting that’s OK? That is a fraudulent criminal act, in my opinion.”

Sonnen compared it to a car salesman misleading a customer into a purchase, then revealing the lie after the purchase is made.

“You would be furious,” he said. “You’d march into the attorney general’s office. You’d have the guy’s license revoked. You’d probably get a refund. But somewhere in the fight world, it’s OK to make things up. I would never do that. Look, if I don’t mean it, I won’t say it.”

“I’m not going to manufacture a conflict against Brian Stann,” Sonnen said. “He’s a friend of mine. He’s a great guy. He’s a former world champion. He and I need to compete with each other. I’m the middleweight champion of the world and Dana White and I together have deemed him the number one contender for my championship. I will give him his opportunity on October 8. That’s it. Win or lose, we will shake hands and we will carry on life as men and as friends.”

Evidently Sonnen believes he defeated UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva when they fought last August. Sonnen was perhaps less than two minutes away from earning a decision, but then Silva submitted him with a triangle armbar.

“In what parallel scoring system do you punch a man 300 times, he hits you 11 times, wraps his legs around your head for eight seconds and they declare him the winner?” Sonnen said. “That doesn’t make you a winner. In no form of society, from the jungle to the streets, does that make you a winner. I’m the people’s champion. I’m the linear champion. I’m the best middleweight there’s ever been and I am the UFC’s true champion.”

Post #1   8/11/11 2:19:20PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

I’m the middleweight champion of the world and Dana White and I together have deemed him the number one contender for my championship.

I love it.

Post #2   8/11/11 2:21:55PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,136-1,243
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You tapping out made him the winner

Post #3   8/11/11 2:39:48PM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:
^ Exactly.

This dude is just dellusional. Funny thing is thats EXACTLY how someone roided out would talk.

He says he's never created conflict to sell a fight and talks down upon it.. yet he's admitted to doing it vs. Okami and Noguiera lmao.

The best thing he said though was those comments about Koschek.. I actually thought that was hilarious.

He was entertaining to me for lil while.. now I just think he is a juiced up retard.

Post #4   8/11/11 2:46:19PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NickJames

This dude is just dellusional. Funny thing is thats EXACTLY how someone roided out would talk.

Actually, he knows very well what he's doing. In my opinion, the fans are the delusional ones if they think he actually believes 90% of the stuff he says. He's a self-promoting machine. The fact that you (and thousands of others) are always talking about him, posting interviews, quoting him, etc., means that his style of self-promotion is working.

The best thing he said though was those comments about Koschek.. I actually thought that was hilarious.

See what I posted above. If more people would realize that he's not actually being serious, they may find more humor in what he does say.

He was entertaining to me for lil while.. now I just think he is a juiced up retard.

You're new here so I just want to give you a heads up that you should probably read over the site rules...specifically the part about fighter bashing. It's highly frowned upon here.

Post #5   8/11/11 2:56:32PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:
Chael USE to be funny. Now it's just getting sad.

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't mean to make two comments.

Last edited 8/11/11 3:07PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   8/11/11 3:05:09PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Post #7   8/11/11 3:06:29PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by FastKnockout

No way. It's getting better!

See the interview he did with Ariel Helwani recently. That was pure gold!

Post #8   8/11/11 3:09:14PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I agree with Sonnen. Everybody is beginning to imitate him to hype their own fights which is why he has elevated his trash talk to a whole new level.

Post #9   8/11/11 3:38:02PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Actually, he knows very well what he's doing. In my opinion, the fans are the delusional ones if they think he actually believes 90% of the stuff he says. He's a self-promoting machine. The fact that you (and thousands of others) are always talking about him, posting interviews, quoting him, etc., means that his style of self-promotion is working.

This!

No way. It's getting better! See the interview he did with Ariel Helwani recently. That was pure gold!

And this!

To be honest, I'm not sure how some folks still think he's being serious. For those that still don't believe it's an alter ego, just check out his recent UFC Q&A session, where he talks about his Mexican counterpart. Or, there's also an interview he did recently (it's in the video section), where he never went into character and talked about the best P4P probably being either GSP or Anderson...yes the same Anderson that sucks according to him. Once you accept it for what it is, you realize how funny the guy actually is.

Last edited 8/11/11 3:45PM server time by grappler0000

Post #10   8/11/11 3:44:46PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,693-1,445
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Is it me or did Chael just pop out of nowhere, it seemed like was sort of a journyman fighting for all of these obscure shows like bodog and SportFight then moving to the WEC and becoming the Champ, then assuming the gatekeeper role in the UFC then BAM, he starts using this genious self promotion and becomes one of the most talked about Mixed Martial Artist today. Kind of crazy imo

Last edited 8/11/11 6:10PM server time by hotrodttt

Post #11   8/11/11 6:07:44PM   

RustyRedWood206

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-7
Chips:
SONNEN FTW!!!!!!

Post #12   8/11/11 10:14:12PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Chael P. Sonnen

Post #13   8/11/11 10:20:23PM   

Kill_The_Rich

Banned for Cheating

Career:303-144
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
The guys not funny, sherdog has funnier trolls.

Winning 22 mins makes you champ? ok lets see what happens when Anderson breaks your arm, chokes you unconscious and stomps your face, then whos champ?

Post #14   8/11/11 10:35:53PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Kill_The_Rich

The guys not funny, sherdog has funnier trolls.

Winning 22 mins makes you champ? ok lets see what happens when Anderson breaks your arm, chokes you unconscious and stomps your face, then whos champ?

Stomps are not permitted in the UFC

Post #15   8/11/11 11:42:00PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2