Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Miller should DEMAND Contender status

Print  
Posted By Message

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/801512-ufc-on-versus-5-open-letter-to-jim-millers-hopes-and-dreams

DEMAND A TITLESHOT. Your explosive fighting style shouldn’t stop when the bell rings. Fight for what you deserve and right now that is the opportunity to avenge one of your only losses against whoever holds the Title. Jon Fitch is always saying he should be fighting GSP and even though he’s boring to the majority of fighters, he has a good argument. You and Fitch have a lot in common, Both lost to the current champion, and both have a long string of victories without having your bruises justified with #1 contender status. It is your differences that are key here; you have exciting fights and your losses to Edgar and Maynard aren’t comparable to the beating that Fitch took over the course of 25 minutes to a still hungry GSP.

Post #1   8/11/11 2:13:41PM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:
I dont know man.. Miller is a beast, dont get me wrong, but he is just going to get outclassed by GSP again.

Him and Fitch would be a great fight though.. I'd have to take Fitch for sure though.

Post #2   8/11/11 2:51:30PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by NickJames

I dont know man.. Miller is a beast, dont get me wrong, but he is just going to get outclassed by GSP again.

Him and Fitch would be a great fight though.. I'd have to take Fitch for sure though.

He's talking about Jim Miller, the Lightweight. Not Mayhem Miller.

Post #3   8/11/11 3:09:42PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yeah, Jim...demand a title shot. Create a riff between you and management. It's the sensible thing to do!

Is the author of this article a complete idiot or what?

Post #4   8/11/11 3:14:18PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by NickJames

Not to mention, Mayhem is a middleweight.

Last edited 8/11/11 3:58PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/11/11 3:57:24PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Yeah, Jim...demand a title shot. Create a riff between you and management. It's the sensible thing to do!

Is the author of this article a complete idiot or what?

Why shouldn't he say he wants it? so many fighters do it all the time, Henderson just announced he plans to ask for title shot. Miller kind p***foots around it saying he's not counting on it.. hell if i heard that i wouldn't think he wanted it. Dana always says during TUF that he gives opportunities to the guy that says. "Hey, I want this. You have to give this to me." I think its a good point. instead of calling someone an idiot why not put a modicum of though into it genius.

Post #6   8/13/11 2:00:44PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Patchedup15
"Hey, I want this. You have to give this to me." I think its a good point. instead of calling someone an idiot why not put a modicum of though into it genius.

They are guys who are trying to make it into the UFC and are on a pre-recorded TV show.

Different situation......

Post #7   8/14/11 11:22:56AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by NickJames

Not to mention, Mayhem is a middleweight.

All these facts thrown around like they mean more than opinions. Pshhhhhaw.

Post #8   8/14/11 11:35:14AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Chips:

Posted by Patchedup15

Why shouldn't he say he wants it? so many fighters do it all the time, Henderson just announced he plans to ask for title shot. Miller kind p***foots around it saying he's not counting on it.. hell if i heard that i wouldn't think he wanted it. Dana always says during TUF that he gives opportunities to the guy that says. "Hey, I want this. You have to give this to me." I think its a good point. instead of calling someone an idiot why not put a modicum of though into it genius.

Asking and Demanding

Are they the same thing? That's the question.

Post #9   8/15/11 12:50:06PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:930-528
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I've said for awhile now, that Jim Miller should be the guy to volunteer to go and fight Melendez in Strikeforce, (of course this can't happen now after he was dominated by Bendo last night).

You can't compare Fitch and Miller either, simple fact Miller looks to finish his fights. Also, Fitch has had a chance to fight for the title and got the brakes beat off him, since then he never evolved into a better fighter. Why would he deserve another title shot?

Plus, why would Miller demand a title shot? Yeah, he was on a 7 fight win streak, but out of those guys he fought, none of them were even in the top ten rankings.

Post #10   8/15/11 1:15:30PM