Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Rory MacDonald will gladly fight Jon Fitch but really wants Carlos Condit rematch

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

(yes, bj beat fitch).

Actually, no he didn't, Cecil Peoples.

And why should MacDonald even get a crack at Fitch? He's on a 2 fight winning streak for crying out loud. At some point they should fight but Dr. Marvin said it best...

Last edited 8/10/11 6:08PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   8/10/11 6:06:12PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:918-541
Chips:
Would like to see Rory against a wrestler, but maybe the UFC might shy away from setting up a prospect vs prospect by matching him with Johnny Hendricks, but I do like that fight. Or Charlie Brennamen, just somebody to test his wrestling/guard game.

Post #17   8/10/11 6:34:53PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think that MacDonald is a beast with a ton of potential but I also think that the people saying he would destroy Fitch are way overestimating how developed he is at this point in his career.

If Mike Pyle could get on top of him, I would bet that Fitch could do the same, and I would also bet that Fitch would make it a whole hell of a lot harder than Pyle did to get back up to his feet. Rory has a ridiculous amount of potential, but I think it is just that - potential. He needs more fights and experience before he's going to be ready to deal with someone like Fitch IMO.

I like the idea of him fighting the winner of Ellenberger / Shields. Those are guys who are a step up in competition, will put him on the path to title contention, but not send him straight into fighting the top 3 of the division without giving him time to develop.

Post #18   8/10/11 7:02:58PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think rory will get story or hendricks next

Post #19   8/10/11 8:22:11PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
THe kid has balls for sure. He is very talented. I hope the UFC brings him along slowly though. Maybe a fight with Brenneman or KOS.

Post #20   8/10/11 8:23:52PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Chips:
I'd pick Macdonald over Fitch. Fitch has one route to victory, and when you can stop the takedowns(which i think Macdonald has a solid chance to do) you can Mike Pierce or Chris Wilson him.

IMO, Rumble Johnson and BJ Penn would be 2 of the hardest matches for Macdonald. I think his chin is going to consistently be the weakest attribute of his game, throughout his entire career.

Post #21   8/11/11 12:23:24AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I'd pick Macdonald over Fitch. Fitch has one route to victory, and when you can stop the takedowns(which i think Macdonald has a solid chance to do) you can Mike Pierce or Chris Wilson him.

IMO, Rumble Johnson and BJ Penn would be 2 of the hardest matches for Macdonald. I think his chin is going to consistently be the weakest attribute of his game, throughout his entire career.

Seems to be a Canadian thing. Not trying to insult anyone or get anyone riled up, but doesn't it seem like a lot of Canadian fighters have chin issues?

Posted by Aether

I think that MacDonald is a beast with a ton of potential but I also think that the people saying he would destroy Fitch are way overestimating how developed he is at this point in his career.

If Mike Pyle could get on top of him, I would bet that Fitch could do the same, and I would also bet that Fitch would make it a whole hell of a lot harder than Pyle did to get back up to his feet. Rory has a ridiculous amount of potential, but I think it is just that - potential. He needs more fights and experience before he's going to be ready to deal with someone like Fitch IMO.

I like the idea of him fighting the winner of Ellenberger / Shields. Those are guys who are a step up in competition, will put him on the path to title contention, but not send him straight into fighting the top 3 of the division without giving him time to develop.

Perfect post. People are riding the MacDonald hype train all the way to crazy town.

He's got tons and tons of potential. But he's very green. Unfortunately, I think he might have been listening to Joe Rogan talk about him. Buying into your own hype is a sure fire way to derail your trip to the top (figured I'd stick with train metaphors.)

Post #22   8/11/11 1:07:45AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Chips:
Jonathon Goulet would beg to differ.

Post #23   8/11/11 1:11:55AM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Fitch has to man up and fight contenders instead of calling them unworthy... i mean rory would demolish Fitch within 3 rounds imo. I'd go as far to say Rory vs GSP will happen in 2012. It's no wonder Fitch only wants BJ or GSP, he wants his next loss to be against a P4P fighter and not a contender, personally i dont think anyone should be able to say no to fights if they are uninjured or lost theyre last fight (yes, bj beat fitch).

What fight were you watchin? Fitch dominated RD 2 and 3. If I ever seen a garbage decision it was that one, but BJ is the Prodigy and everyone likes to hate on Fitch for fighting like everyone's hero (GSP). Truth is GSP is the only one I see beating Fitch at WW.

Post #24   8/11/11 2:51:19AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

THe kid has balls for sure. He is very talented. I hope the UFC brings him along slowly though. Maybe a fight with Brenneman or KOS.

Bring him along slowly by giving him KOS

Post #25   8/11/11 6:28:51AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Cooler

(yes, bj beat fitch).

Rd 1: BJ
Rd 2: BJ
Rd 3: Fitch

pretty simple really, how can you give fitch round 2 for a takedown over bj getting his back and bj winning the striking, thats ridiculous, takedowns are overrated

Last edited 8/11/11 10:30AM server time by cooler

Post #26   8/11/11 10:30:04AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Cooler

(yes, bj beat fitch).

Rd 1: BJ
Rd 2: BJ
Rd 3: Fitch

pretty simple really, how can you give fitch round 2 for a takedown over bj getting his back and bj winning the striking, thats ridiculous, takedowns are overrated

I'm pretty sure he means because it was a draw since round 3 was a clear 10-8.

Last edited 8/11/11 10:45AM server time by Kpro

Post #27   8/11/11 10:38:20AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Bj won the Fitch fight, and is the only one to stop Fitch's winning streak besides GSP by getting a draw.

The fight was close, but BJ got takedowns and shut down Fitch in the 1st and second

I wanna see Rory vs Kos because Kos can ko people and take them down.
my 1st choice is
1.Kos
2. Shields Ellenberger winner
3. Diego vs Matt winner
4.Fitch
5.Hendricks

Either way Rory should get some more fights, but I dont want him to beat everyone and than lose to Fitch in 2 years, as a result of never being grinded out by a "dominant Wrestler"
Rory has more hype than Story, and could grow from a loss and still be considered contender material once he improves from a loss.

Last edited 8/11/11 11:27AM server time by icantthinkofanything

Post #28   8/11/11 11:13:14AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

(yes, bj beat fitch).

hahaha not at all. the draw was a gift. Fitch won

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   8/11/11 12:58:25PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Bring him along slowly by giving him KOS

it briefly worked for Paulo Thiago

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #30   8/11/11 1:04:50PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3