Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gustafson vs Hamill

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
People make fun of people all the time. Why should someone treat a disabled person differently? Because they're different? To me that's more offensive to them. Treat them like the average joe, you know. Equal rights.

Post #16   8/10/11 1:34:09AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by mrkennedy

Posted by kingsmasher

Thats just so wrong...

but its so freaking funny

Now give yourself a thumbs up for laughing at the disabled.

Next youre gonna tell me youve never laughed at south park etc....

Post #17   8/10/11 8:43:51AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

People make fun of people all the time. Why should someone treat a disabled person differently? Because they're different? To me that's more offensive to them. Treat them like the average joe, you know. Equal rights.

ding ding ding

Post #18   8/10/11 11:04:04AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I mean I have a son with CP and Autism and my friends and family can get a laugh out of a joke about him but thats cause we love him. That being said that wasn't really a joke it was a true statement that is funny. I did n't get to see the fight but to me thats no big deal.

Post #19   8/10/11 12:49:57PM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,643-1,506
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Post #20   8/10/11 1:06:31PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Look guys, I have no problem with you laughing behind the computers. We are built differently and we will have different sense of humors. But if you were to do the laughing in front of me, you may receive a disgusting glare from me.

Someone said they have a kid with some sort of condition and they make fun of him out of love. I make fun of my daughters all the time - out of love of course but when I see others make fun of them, I feel compel to jump in and help out my kids to turn the situation around.

I have been brought up to never stare too long at disabled people or even comment about their conditions in public. I have been led to believe in karma by my parents which is why I am very against making fun of the disabled.

Post #21   8/10/11 2:57:20PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
dude you need to relax

they were poking fun at the fans
Rogan does it every time they chant stupid things

Im sure if Rogan was in the ring after and said "the fans were behind you" he'd say "i didnt hear them" and laugh.

it was a quirky comment and was in no way derogatory.
If you were offended by it you need to get out in the real world more. Hamill is probably the most respected fighter in MMA for what he's accomplished.

Last edited 8/10/11 6:11PM server time by beer
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   8/10/11 6:10:03PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

If this was another site, I would not hesitate to return the favor by ten folds.

Last edited 8/10/11 11:58PM server time by KungFuMaster

Post #23   8/10/11 11:57:56PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Look guys, I have no problem with you laughing behind the computers. We are built differently and we will have different sense of humors. But if you were to do the laughing in front of me, you may receive a disgusting glare from me.

Someone said they have a kid with some sort of condition and they make fun of him out of love. I make fun of my daughters all the time - out of love of course but when I see others make fun of them, I feel compel to jump in and help out my kids to turn the situation around.

I have been brought up to never stare too long at disabled people or even comment about their conditions in public. I have been led to believe in karma by my parents which is why I am very against making fun of the disabled.

Don't stare don't talk about it hush hush those are the people that drive me crazy. Once a mother saw her child looking at my son in his walker and just as the kid was about to ask she said look how cool that kids walker is and then explained to him what was going on and talked to us showing her kid that yeah Booby is different and has some problems he deals with everyday but he is still a kid and still likes to play. Education is the best route everytime.

Post #24   8/11/11 9:51:08AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by KungFuMaster

Don't stare don't talk about it hush hush those are the people that drive me crazy. Once a mother saw her child looking at my son in his walker and just as the kid was about to ask she said look how cool that kids walker is and then explained to him what was going on and talked to us showing her kid that yeah Booby is different and has some problems he deals with everyday but he is still a kid and still likes to play. Education is the best route everytime.

I agree. That is exactly what I do for my kids when they are curious about how or why someone looks different. I teach my kids that some kids are born different with certain difficulties but they are still a kid and would like to play like all other kids. I teach my kids to respect other kids and I teach them to not discriminate against how others look.

I am not the don't look, don't talk - hush, hush kind of people. I am the how are you doing - I hope you don't mind my kids playing with your kid - kind of people.

Last edited 8/11/11 1:59PM server time by KungFuMaster

Post #25   8/11/11 1:58:35PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2