Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Evans, Baby

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:281-172
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
+ 2

and seriously, were getting all hyped because Rashad beat Tito who more then likely after the Bader fight ate a nice huge meal and put back on some weight and then a week later takes the fight with only 2 weeks to really train. I am a huge Tito fan, he was my first favorite fighter but I can admitt he makes way to many excuses, but IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME TITO COULD HAVE A LEGIT EXCUSE ITS THIS FIGHT. And whats all this crap about hype? People act like Tito was losing to bums the last 5 years. He was still competing at a world class level for the last 5 years. Always putting up a damn good fight. Rashad had some many questions coming off a year layoff, an injury, and questions of a shakey chin & cardio, don't think it's odd at all to have favored Ortiz there.

And if anything Rashad impressed me with his striking. He let his hands go and it payed off. And if Rashad had any chance against Jones I think it'd be in the striking were he's amazingly fast with severe power. If he tries to wrestle hes getting outmuscled as you saw how Tito got him down again saturday.

GO RAMPAGE!

Post #31   8/8/11 1:34:31PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,405-840
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by NickJames

Jones' stand up is the best in the game right now, aside from the spider's. He's a freak in that aspect.

But he hasn't faced someone that has DISPLAYED the takedown/ground skills that Evans has shown against top contenders. Screw the credentials.. it's all about what you've done in fights.. and Rashad has the most explosive takedowns and ground in pound in the LHW division.

The way Jones responds the first time he gets put on his back in that fight will answer everything.

I do not think Jones has the second best striking in MMA.
I think his wrestling/clinch/GnP are his greatest strengths.

I think Aldo, BJ Penn, Belfort, Junior Dos Santos, Makdessi, Lyoto Machida, Rampage, and Shogun, (just to name the first few that came to my head) are all better strikers than Jones.

I agree that Rashad has great MMA-wrestling, and Jones has not faced any one as good as Evans in that respect.
That is a reason I am excited for Rampage vs Bones, because Rampage has very good defensive wrestling in MMA (and powerful Boxing).

Post #32   8/8/11 3:14:33PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,805-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Against someone with a wrestling base, don't expect Jones to be as freeballing in the standup as he was shogun. It would just open him up to too many takedowns.

But Rampage is going to win anyway, .

Post #33   8/8/11 5:54:14PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think I'll be picking Jones but I think it's crazy to think that Rampage isn't training his behind off, would you want to fight a wrecking machine like Jones at less than your best. I think Jones' reach will be too much for Rampage but Rampage has a chance in the first round and I'll be rooting for him.

Post #34   8/8/11 7:54:40PM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Against someone with a wrestling base, don't expect Jones to be as freeballing in the standup as he was shogun. It would just open him up to too many takedowns.

But Rampage is going to win anyway, .

Exactly..

Post #35   8/9/11 12:46:27AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3