Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Who'd you put most your money on?

Print  
Posted By Message

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:
God I wanted to throw 100 on akiyama because of those odds but i just keep thinking it'll be a wasted 100.. props to whoever goes for it though. huge pay off.

instead i threw 300 on mike pyle since they have him as an underdog.. a payout of a lil over 600.. he's more experienced than macdonald and he's stronger.. i look for him to keep macdonald on the ground most the fight.

if i lose that 300 tho its no biggie cuz i put the remaining 700 on my boy rashad which will allow me to get that 300 back and atleast break even, cuz rashad aint lossin. s'not happenin.

so whats your bets?

that and with the event picking.. do you normally pick every fight? I tend to stay away from fights with guys there isnt too much information floating around about.. or atleast enough footage of them fighting to get a grasp on their strengths n' weaknesses. I only made 6 picks.

I was gonna hit up the jorge rivera/phillipou fight but i want to pick rivera by KO but i know age is going to be a big factor against a young n' quick phillipou.. n' i aint pickin phillipou because then ya got the experience of rivera. too hard.. im stayin away from it.

chad mendes is a money pick, btw. everyone should make that pick.

i got brian ebersole over hallman. hamill over gustafsson.

whats yalls thoughts?

Post #1   8/6/11 12:12:56AM   

CaranoGirl

MMA Regular

CaranoGirl Avatar

Career:1,076-597
Camp: The Fight Show
Chips:
I got $50 on Mendes inside the distance to win $150. He is going to destroy Yayha!! I have a bunch of little parlays and I feel the same as you on the rashad fight. I feel rashad is a lock. Dont see how tito beats him but who knows. I did put a little on Pyle and I put $30 on pierce.

Post #2   8/6/11 12:22:38AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,433-817
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
underdogs im throwin a little money on:

Gustaffson

Philippou- never respected Rivera much & like Philippou's chance for an upset

Pace isnt an underdog but he is even money & i would only do this if i knew for certain how much effort Menjivar put into the weight cut. he could be exhausted idk????

Akiyama- never hurts to throw 50 on with that level of skill & those kind of odds. I think Belfort floors him though

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #3   8/6/11 1:44:55AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
pierce.
philippou
mauler

Last edited 8/6/11 11:27AM server time by beer
Edit note/reason: n/a