Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Last Movie You Watched

Print  
  Page 128 of 192   <<   125     126     127     128     129     130     131   >>
Posted By Message

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,796-1,566
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Used some ever depleting college funds to watch Lincoln. As expected, Daniel Day-Lewis is absolutely fucking incredible, I would say he is easily the best actor of my generation (as much as I love Phillip Seymour Hoffman). Well acted movie beyond Day-Lewis, Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Field are also quite good. Some historically questionable parts, for instance the question of whether Lincoln lobbied for the 13th amendment based on moral opposition or merely a desire to maintain the union. That being said, they say that nobody knew the "real Lincoln" so I can't call it a complete inaccuracy. Highly recommend this movie for anybody who wants to see acting at its finest.

Post #1906   12/2/12 3:11:08PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Savages

Good one in my book. Definetely re-watchable

However I was a little bothered by the THC being >30% . A little unrealistic. But it was needed for the movie to make sense

Last edited 12/3/12 6:41PM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1907   12/3/12 6:32:33PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:896-509
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rain Man - Great movie, definitely

Post #1908   12/3/12 8:31:23PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - eerie movie, kinda cheese at times but enjoyable nonetheless. They did a good job in having Colin Farrell, Jude Law and Johnny Depp fill in for Ledger...I didn't even really notice the difference until the last few scenes. Kind of a weak ending but its fitting. Oh and Lily Cole

I really like that movie, but I feel it could have been better. It's one of those movies that could really be it all if they would make things a bit more twisted and less rigidly defined, ie Donnie Darko. I did love the transitions between everyone filling in for Ledger, that really was quite brilliant.

Just got done watching it. Not quite sure what to think. I really liked the interactions between the devil and Dr. Parnassus. Visually, the film is outstanding. I still have a few questions about it though. Maybe I should rewatch it, because I'm sure there were a few things I missed. Like, why do people want to go in through the mirror in the first place? Are they supposed to make the correct choice inside? Is there any benefit to Dr. Parnassus, besides trying to get 5 souls? And what was up with the whole flute in the throat thing?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1909   12/4/12 10:47:50PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Chips:
People don't want to go in the mirror for the most part imo because they don't quite understand it. If you go in and f it all up the devil gets you I think, or at least you're dead and it's another strike against Dr. If you make the right choice and choose the more difficult path you reach some form of enlightenment it seems. Ledger figured that out and kept wanting to go in to try to climb the ladders up into the sky. The benefit to Dr is that he won't lose his daughter if he wins the bet against the devil...it's also somewhat of a personal victory because the original bet was set with the premise that people will always seek enlightenment over the easy and disappointing path. As for the flute, somehow swallowing a flute will prevent your neck from breaking and your airways from collapsing if someone hangs you . Give it another watch, I had to see it a few times to catch on to all of it. Check out Cloud Atlas while you;re at it.

Post #1910   12/5/12 9:26:41AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

People don't want to go in the mirror for the most part imo because they don't quite understand it. If you go in and f it all up the devil gets you I think, or at least you're dead and it's another strike against Dr. If you make the right choice and choose the more difficult path you reach some form of enlightenment it seems. Ledger figured that out and kept wanting to go in to try to climb the ladders up into the sky. The benefit to Dr is that he won't lose his daughter if he wins the bet against the devil...it's also somewhat of a personal victory because the original bet was set with the premise that people will always seek enlightenment over the easy and disappointing path. As for the flute, somehow swallowing a flute will prevent your neck from breaking and your airways from collapsing if someone hangs you . Give it another watch, I had to see it a few times to catch on to all of it. Check out Cloud Atlas while you;re at it.

that movie confused the shit out of me the first time. you just cleared that up a lot for me & i might actually give it another watch now

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #1911   12/5/12 3:29:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by airkerma

that movie confused the shit out of me the first time. you just cleared that up a lot for me & i might actually give it another watch now

Yeah that makes sense, especially if you go back to the opening scene where the drunk guy walked into the bar instead of climbing those stairs to get out.

I think that people didn't want to go in because it is the 21st century and this carny schtick is cheesy and dumb. Had this been in the 1800s it would be a different story. That's where Ledger's character decided to make it more modern and appealing. It always takes a good persuader to take a random from the audience and convince them to walk through the mirror. It's not like you're walking into a house of mirrors, they are trying to sell something different to you....enlightenment.

btw how weird was it that Dr Parnassus' daughter had sex inside the mirror knowing her dad was watching Not to mention she's 15 at the time (a day before she turned 16) and Ledger's character was probably in his 30s

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1912   12/5/12 5:30:47PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Chips:
it's an Enter the Dragon kind of night

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #1913   12/6/12 2:23:30AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

btw how AWESOME was it that Dr Parnassus' daughter had sex inside the mirror knowing her dad was watching cause she likes it kinky Not to mention she's super smoking hot and Ledger's character was probably like 'oh damn, I get to tap that ass'

fixed

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Yesterday was a fantastic FX/BBCA movie day. First I was treated to Enemy of the State, which is remarkably gripping and frighteningly accurate where we're sitting now. Then, the Shining came on and more awesomeness came pouring out of my tv, much like how blood pours out of elevators.

Post #1914   12/6/12 9:45:17AM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:896-509
Chips:
While I was finishing up my picks and wagers for UFC on Fox, watched Yes Man.

Carey gets a lot of shit like Sandler, for his recent films, but I happened to think Yes Man was pretty funny.

Post #1915   12/8/12 3:09:13PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I'm kind of jaded towards Christmas movies but I saw one last night that was pretty good. It's called Christmas Choir. Basically some modern day Scrooge-like guy gathers 10 homeless guys and starts a subway choir in order for them to make some money for themselves. Problems happen along the way, but they power through. I enjoyed it instead of watching A Christmas Story for the bajillionth time

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #1916   12/8/12 3:19:14PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I'm kind of jaded towards Christmas movies but I saw one last night that was pretty good. It's called Christmas Choir. Basically some modern day Scrooge-like guy gathers 10 homeless guys and starts a subway choir in order for them to make some money for themselves. Problems happen along the way, but they power through. I enjoyed it instead of watching A Christmas Story for the bajillionth time

If you're looking for something a little different, I highly recommend Rare Exports - A Christmas Tale. If you don't mind subtitles, that is.

Post #1917   12/8/12 3:25:10PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Bubbles

If you're looking for something a little different, I highly recommend Rare Exports - A Christmas Tale. If you don't mind subtitles, that is.

Good flick

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1918   12/8/12 10:30:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
Nude Nuns With Big Guns

Believe it or not, I had higher expectations for this. Basically, it's about a nun getting revenge on some drug dealers. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of nude nuns, but not so many guns. It seemed the movie was trying to be serious. It was very slow, and not many action scenes, unless you consider rape, and multiple lesbian scenes action.

Oh well, next in the queue is Run Bitch Run

Post #1919   12/9/12 12:07:35AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Chips:
Tremors- I forgot Kevin Bacon was in this. Not a bad flick

Post #1920   12/10/12 11:39:51AM   

Page 128 of 192   <<   125     126     127     128     129     130     131   >>