Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce's Gina Carano cleared for training, manager hopes for 2011 return

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Gina Carano's doctor has cleared her to resume training, and if all goes well, she'll be back in the cage before the end of the year.

As with any Carano update, that's far from a promise, but it's the plan for now, manager Scott Karp today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

If nothing else, it appears the medical issue that precluded her from fighting this past June at "Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum" won't keep her from mixing it up in the gym.

Article

Post #1   8/3/11 7:21:11PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
aka we wont be seeing Gina fight until March 2012 at the earliest

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   8/3/11 8:47:29PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
At least she's gearing up to come back, she is one of the faces of women's mma, rating should improve a little with her on a fight card again

Post #3   8/3/11 9:13:50PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I don't care if we see her fight, I just want to see her weigh-in

Post #4   8/4/11 1:21:31AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #5   8/4/11 3:06:09AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

HOt DAM!!! I like the old dude catching a peep , how do i get that job. But i though she was cleared back in June

Post #6   8/4/11 9:18:23AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
iirc, thats her dad

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   8/4/11 11:50:42AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

iirc, thats her dad

...that makes it creepier...

Post #8   8/4/11 11:59:40AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't get why everyone thinks this girl is so hot. She's OK at best, nothing special, and has been a horrible representative for the sport.

I don't like this girl and it's very rare that I dislike anyone, I am usually indifferent. I just think she treats the sport like a joke and has gotten pretty much a free ride based on her MODERATE looks. I have very little respect for fighters who repeatedly miss weight, and I feel like she hasn't come close to earning the publicity she gets compared to someone like cyborg, who is a far, far, far superior fighter that shows up to her fights at the correct weight and puts on exciting fights every time.

I hope she stops fighting and goes into acting or something, I really didn't miss hearing about her over the last year or two.

Post #9   8/4/11 12:04:36PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I don't get why everyone thinks this girl is so hot. She's OK at best, nothing special, and has been a horrible representative for the sport.

I don't like this girl and it's very rare that I dislike anyone, I am usually indifferent. I just think she treats the sport like a joke and has gotten pretty much a free ride based on her MODERATE looks. I have very little respect for fighters who repeatedly miss weight, and I feel like she hasn't come close to earning the publicity she gets compared to someone like cyborg, who is a far, far, far superior fighter that shows up to her fights at the correct weight and puts on exciting fights every time.

I hope she stops fighting and goes into acting or something, I really didn't miss hearing about her over the last year or two.

How can you honestly say she isnt hot.......in the words of Chris Tucker YOU CRAAAZZZAAAYYYY!!!!!

Post #10   8/4/11 12:26:00PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Post #11   8/4/11 1:28:49PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Aether

She is already in acting i saw a movie trailer for her "Hayware"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2442289/

Post #12   8/4/11 1:34:52PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

let us drool over her "moderate looks" in peace... Geez

Last edited 8/4/11 2:12PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   8/4/11 2:11:17PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by Aether

She's certainly attractive, but not Victoria's secret runway material. I think of it much like...say you work for a construction company, and there's a woman who works there which is already in itself unusual, and you'd rate her as a 7, but because she's working in an unusual field around a bunch of guys she suddenly becomes a 9.

I don't think she takes MMA as a joke. I think she has just gotten a lot of opportunities because of it, and they probably pay a lot better, hence she's not as dedicated as she would otherwise be had she not gained such a following.

Post #14   8/4/11 6:05:08PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I'm just a hater, that's all.

Post #15   8/4/11 9:27:54PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2