Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Some of your diet strageties

Print  
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
What are some of your diets that you are currently on, or what do you eat before a fight, whats good to eat everday and whats bad to eat. I know it sounds dumb but some people may be interested in other peoples diet strageties, thanks props for post.

Post #1   8/3/11 12:27:02AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I eat lean and clean....no grease....sensible carbs.....drink a ton of water.

Favorite proteins.....fish, steak, chicken
Favorite carbs....rice, spaghetti, macaroni....in moderation of course

Stay away from fast food alone and your body will be a lot leaner.

Post #2   8/3/11 1:26:38AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
my metabolism is f****d
I eat anything and everything whenever I want, and I usually weight between 138-145, I lose 5 pounds in my sleep, and I can make 125 without even trying lol.
I struggle to PUT ON weight however. Im a meat and potatos guys, dont mind pasta, not into rice much.

Post #3   8/3/11 6:56:21AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:
Grains in the morning like shreaded wheats or total etc

lots of water like mentioned above

pasta, rice, cleanly cooked meats of most kinds

oils and fats are okay because they're needed for high performance, but like other stuff, clean and moderate.

I base my diet on grains. Creatine is a wonderful supplement.

Post #4   8/3/11 9:09:19AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BeeR

my metabolism is f****d
I eat anything and everything whenever I want, and I usually weight between 138-145, I lose 5 pounds in my sleep, and I can make 125 without even trying lol.
I struggle to PUT ON weight however. Im a meat and potatos guys, dont mind pasta, not into rice much.

Don't forget about the Beer

Post #5   8/3/11 1:48:32PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When I wake up I eat 1/3 things
1. Oatmeal (plain) with blueberries and banana. The sugars from the fruit sweeten
2. Wheaties or another plain bran flake cereal with skim or 1% milk
3. Eggs (no salt), toast and turkey Bacon (less fat)
Lunch
Sandwich with lean meats, lots of lettuce and mustard. Mayo IMO is a lot of fat. Mustard has nearly nothing in it. I stay away from chips and drink lots and lots of water. I prefer propel, it has some taste.
Dinner
Steak or chicken. I stay away from ground beef. Pasta (italian family) vegetable of choice (preferably fresh or frozen). And some cottage cheese. Good amount of protein in it.
Snacks
Almonds are good, plain yogurt with fruit. Licorice (cheat food, I love that stuff)

Last edited 8/3/11 7:28PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #6   8/3/11 2:30:16PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:
Peanut Butter (without the bread) is a great snack as well

Post #7   8/3/11 4:45:16PM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,760-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Start the day with chorizo and eggs burrito.
lunch anywhere from a sangwitch to mc Ds
dinner. well whatever i can grill.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #8   8/3/11 5:03:17PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

1. Oatmeal (plain) with blueberries and banana. The sugars from the fruit sweeten
Lunch
Sandwich with lean meats, lots of lettuce and mustard. Mayo IMO is a lot of fat. Mustard has nearly nothing in it. I stay away from chips and drink lots and lots of water. I prefer propel, it has some taste.
Dinner
Steak or chicken. I stay away from ground beef. Pasta (italian family) vegetable of choice (preferably fresh or frozen). And some cottage cheese. Good amount of protein in it.
Snacks
Almonds are good, plain yogurt with fruit. Licorice (cheat food, I love that stuff)

Turkey bacon is good times. I can honestly say I enjoy it more than regular bacon. In the last half a year I've changed up what I eat completely and I've noticed some decent results. It's a long ass process though.

Post #9   8/4/11 6:42:18AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Lunch
Dinner
Snacks

Turkey bacon is good times. I can honestly say I enjoy it more than regular bacon. In the last half a year I've changed up what I eat completely and I've noticed some decent results. It's a long ass process though.

I was skeptic of it at first cuz I love me some real Bacon, but i ate it on a chicken, Bacon ranch sandwich and was an instant convert, born again as some might say

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #10   8/5/11 1:32:38PM