Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jim Miller unsure of title shot with win over Ben Henderson on Aug. 14

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,565-951
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
At a special conference call held today to promote the upcoming UFC on Versus 5 event on Aug. 14 in Milwaukee, lightweight wrecking ball Jim Miller continues his trend of being the best employee on the entire promotional roster.

That's because despite the fact that he's been all but promised the number one contender spot with a win over Ben Henderson, he's still ready and willing to fight everyone else under the sun except the champion, if that's what his bosses so choose.

Article

Miller is already a champ in my book. What an exceptional attitude.

Post #1   8/2/11 10:56:36PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,773-944
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
jim miller is a savage beast and i dont understand how he is ranked any lower than third in LW. he's finished some TOUGH guys and has beaten a LOT of tough guys... if he beats bendo, he is the number 1 contender

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #2   8/2/11 11:08:06PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Love both guys.....coin flip on who I'm gonna pick....at this point, I have no clue.

I don't want either guy to lose on Saturday

Post #3   8/2/11 11:37:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I hope that his good attitude is rewarded. He's one of the top fighters in the division and a total company man.

Unfortunately, it will probably go the other way. Dana knows this is entertainment. Jim ought to be talking smack about the champ and openly calling for a title shot.

Nice guys usually get walked all over. I've made the same mistake at my own work.

Post #4   8/3/11 12:28:33AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,073-1,215
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
They can only keep a title shot from him for so long. With a win over Henderson I would assume he gets next shot at the title. The only guys he's lost to are the two fight for it. If the UFC decides that he needs another fight before that, Clay Guida would be a great fight. One word....EPIC

Post #5   8/3/11 12:35:29AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,565-951
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If Miller beats Henderson and has to fight one more fight, I would like him to fight Melvin Guillard. I feel Miller and Guillard both could take Guida. It wouldn't be a cake walk, by any means. Also, with Guillard and Guida training at the same camp, it'd probably be better to have one of them fight Miller.

Although I know if Guillard and Guida were set to scrap, there would not be any BS drama like Rashad-Jones.

Post #6   8/3/11 12:49:37AM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,214-1,365
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:
I just want to see this fight! Cant think of a fight im looking forward to more! Its got fight of the year written all over it.

Post #7   8/3/11 9:14:25AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

If Miller beats Henderson and has to fight one more fight, I would like him to fight Melvin Guillard. I feel Miller and Guillard both could take Guida. It wouldn't be a cake walk, by any means. Also, with Guillard and Guida training at the same camp, it'd probably be better to have one of them fight Miller.

Although I know if Guillard and Guida were set to scrap, there would not be any BS drama like Rashad-Jones.

First I dont want to see Miller fight Guillard..Personally they both deserve a title shot...First Miller if he beats Henderson and then Guillard after he beats Lauzon...I know Guillard has been suspect to getting caught in subs but that was before he got serious with Greg Jackson...I dont see Guillard and Guida fighting..I expect him to beat down Lauzon in a one-sided affair...I would actually put Gullard at -350

My guess is just a guess but after the Jon Jones and Rashad thing I would think Jackson called a camp meeting and said, you guys know how I feel about this and if you choose to fight each other go ahead and walk now...."" thats a guess but a trainer like Freddie Roach would never let Khan face Manny..hes already said...Its just to much drama and break up a camp atmosphere...but however there are exceptions to the rule...like guys leaving and coming back....

Post #8   8/3/11 9:40:08AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,573-914
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'm not excited about Guida fighting ANYBODY. The guy just does nothing for me. I will never understand why people think Jon Fitch is boring and Clay Guida is exciting. Basically the same fighter.

Post #9   8/3/11 10:00:04AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I'm not excited about Guida fighting ANYBODY. The guy just does nothing for me. I will never understand why people think Jon Fitch is boring and Clay Guida is exciting. Basically the same fighter.

I feel the exact same way bout guida, i feel like his most exciting fights were becuase of the other guy not him..

Post #10   8/3/11 10:28:31AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by bjj1605

I feel the exact same way bout guida, i feel like his most exciting fights were becuase of the other guy not him..

Hes defintiely fighting to win but I like Jon Fitch and Guida and you cant say Fitch didnt put a pounding on BJ in the third round...

Post #11   8/3/11 10:48:08AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,029-1,248
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I think both Miller brothers are great fighters, but essentially not "star champion" material in the eyes of the UFC... eventually the UFC will HAVE to give them a shot if they continue crushing skulls, but they are not as marketable as many other fighters

similar argument could be made for Edgar...he had to get his shot..he did and took it...but hes just not as marketable as an Anderson Silva, or GSP, or BJ Penn

Post #12   8/3/11 11:39:37AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Manak

Posted by bjj1605

Hes defintiely fighting to win but I like Jon Fitch and Guida and you cant say Fitch didnt put a pounding on BJ in the third round...

both of them most deff fight to win and they seem like coo dudes but have a grinding type style that i find boring, thats just the way i see it though

Post #13   8/3/11 11:50:30AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Manak

Posted by bjj1605

both of them most deff fight to win and they seem like coo dudes but have a grinding type style that i find boring, thats just the way i see it though

I agree about the grinding style and I hate to say I see the future of MMA going that way...With the increase of wrestlers looking to make a living after college its just bound to happen...but when it happens I expect a huge push in rule changes from the UFC..

If you watch greco roman wrestling the new thing is to definitely be on someone back and just hop side to side...

Thats why the old UFC 1 was great and even stupid tough man contests...

Post #14   8/3/11 11:59:48AM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I like Guida, cause that guy can take a beating and just keep comin. He is intense and believe it or not has finished more fights than you probably realize he has. Most of his high profile fights have went to decision tho so I understand where you are comin from. I don't mind Jon Fitch either but mainly because I have never seen someone get robbed of the chance to fight for a title like he has. But I can understand why you would think these fighters are boring but you would at least have to include GSP. GSP fights just like Fitch and is way more boring than Guida.

Post #15   8/3/11 1:11:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2