Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Keith Jardine Dropping to Middleweight, Wants Cung Le

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former UFC and current Strikeforce fighter Keith Jardine is dropping to middleweight, and he has one name on his mind for a debut fight at 185 - former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le. Le has been campaigning for a fight in the UFC, but Jardine wants to duke it out in a Strikeforce cage. He had a lot to say to MMA Weekly about Le:

"Just looking out there, they need to get a fight for me, and it needs to be a big named guy, I want it to be a big named guy. Looking at Strikeforce seeing who they’ve got and there’s not much bigger than Cung Le. I thought that would be a great match-up."

LINK

Post #1   8/2/11 8:23:35PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
He wants a brawl, huh? Robbie Lawler.

Post #2   8/2/11 8:26:12PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

yeah thats a good match up there

Post #3   8/2/11 8:30:48PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

yeah thats a good match up there

Robbie's nickname might as well be brawler! It would roll of the tongue nice too. Robbie "The Brawler" Lawler! I can hear Bruce Buffer screaming it in my head....

That would be a great fight for sure. Total knock down, drag out fist fight. I feel Lawler would do the knocking down, and Jardine would be subject to being dragged out....

Post #4   8/2/11 8:36:10PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Robbie's nickname might as well be brawler! It would roll of the tongue nice too. Robbie "The Brawler" Lawler! I can hear Bruce Buffer screaming it in my head.... That would be a great fight for sure. Total knock down, drag out fist fight. I feel Lawler would do the knocking down, and Jardine would be subject to being dragged out....

I have a feeling the fight would go something like Lawler's fight against Manhoef. Jardine kicking the sh*t out of Robbie's legs, and eventually Lawler landing the big ko.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   8/2/11 8:41:34PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
The Dean of Mean @ 185? I'll believe it when I see it.

WARNING: I predict a James Irvin type of cut.

Post #6   8/2/11 8:47:45PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Robbie's nickname might as well be brawler!

In fact, an anagram of Robbie Lawler is "obile brawler". And that makes total sense. Now, I'm not sure what an obile is, but I'm sure is has something to do with rearranging faces.

Post #7   8/2/11 8:52:16PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Robbie's nickname might as well be brawler! It would roll of the tongue nice too. Robbie "The Brawler" Lawler! I can hear Bruce Buffer screaming it in my head.... That would be a great fight for sure. Total knock down, drag out fist fight. I feel Lawler would do the knocking down, and Jardine would be subject to being dragged out....

I have a feeling the fight would go something like Lawler's fight against Manhoef. Jardine kicking the sh*t out of Robbie's legs, and eventually Lawler landing the big ko.

It will probably be more along the lines of what Wanderlei did to Jardine. Don't get me wrong, I love Jardine and I usually hate seeing him get knocked out. But Lawler's last two defeats have left a bad taste in my mouth, and if Jardine has to take a trip to night night land to wash it out, then so be it!

Post #8   8/2/11 9:10:39PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:495-373
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I like this better than Cung Le.. although i think he and Mousai need to settle something first

Post #9   8/2/11 9:44:53PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Chips:
Grappler, as it turns out, according to Urban Dictionary, obile is slang for police! Of course, Urban Dictionary is a cancer that plagues our society, and I wish it didn't exist.... But still, nice anagram

FastKnockout, kopower, I could see the hypothetical fight going exactly as either of you described.

For the record, I've never been a huge fan of the Dean of Mean, but even I hurt a little inside after watching him get prison effed against Wanderlei. That was one of the most brutal, savage KO's I had ever witnessed. The ol' grab em by the throat and punch em in the face until they are unconscious technique.... works every time!

Post #10   8/2/11 10:11:41PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Grappler, as it turns out, according to Urban Dictionary, obile is slang for police! Of course, Urban Dictionary is a cancer that plagues our society, and I wish it didn't exist.... But still, nice anagram

FastKnockout, kopower, I could see the hypothetical fight going exactly as either of you described.

For the record, I've never been a huge fan of the Dean of Mean, but even I hurt a little inside after watching him get prison effed against Wanderlei. That was one of the most brutal, savage KO's I had ever witnessed. The ol' grab em by the throat and punch em in the face until they are unconscious technique.... works every time!

Hells yah, the rape choke by Wand was

Post #11   8/2/11 10:26:41PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

The Dean of Mean @ 185? I'll believe it when I see it.

WARNING: I predict a James Irvin type of cut.

Plus his ability to take a shot isnt great and i think going down in weight wont help it

Post #12   8/2/11 11:12:14PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
Lawler hasn't proved anything more than Jardine. I would take The Dean in this one.

Post #13   8/3/11 12:02:28AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I will be very surprised if he can make this cut and still be close to 100%.

He's a big LHW.

Cutting weight isn't always the answer. Sometimes its your skills. But I guess its better than doing nothing.

Post #14   8/3/11 12:31:33AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

Lawler hasn't proved anything more than Jardine. I would take The Dean in this one.

Robbie Lawler - 15 fights finished by KO or TKO

Keith Jardine - Finished 5 times by KO or TKO

You do the math, my friend.

Post #15   8/3/11 12:53:43AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2