Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aleksander Emelianenko Trashes Fedor's Coaches Following Loss to Dan Henderson

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
One of the few bright spots that were talked about during Fedor Emelianenko's preparations for his Strikeforce bout against Dan Henderson, was him re-uniting with his brother Aleksander. The two had a falling-out of sorts, and after two straight losses for Fedor, they mended fences and trained together again.

Shortly after his brother's loss though, Aleks spoke out and had some harsh words for Fedor's coaches. He talked to LifeSports.ru about it, in a phone interview (translated by Fighters Only):

"They sat like two amoebas, and did not know what to say. They were asked direct questions and would say, "It is difficult to say… we will see in the fight," - what kind of a coach says that? Only one who doesn’t understand the sport. I just call them ‘Stopwatch’ and ‘Towel’. That's as much use as they are, that's it,"

LINK

Post #1   8/2/11 5:33:58PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:
Those are some pretty harsh words, but if that were the case, I'm wondering why Fedor doesn't see that. You need people around you that are "no" men that understand what's up

Post #2   8/2/11 6:34:21PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well I will say Aleksander's perspective on things is better than anyone's other than Fedor. He knows first hand what they are and are not doing. But I also think no fighter should stay with one Trainer/Camp permanently as this causes the fighters growth to become stagnant. I feel fighters should only stay with a Trainer/Camp till they feel their growth has slowed then move to a new Trainer/Camp. I think this is a problem with a lot of fighters. Imagine where the Diaz brothers would be now if they had changed camps a year or two ago and joined a camp with a strong wrestling base.

Post #3   8/2/11 6:43:40PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:
Look how much rampage grew when he went to ibarra, his last camp only had him training with amateurs. Bad comparison, I know

Post #4   8/2/11 6:54:29PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Well I will say Aleksander's perspective on things is better than anyone's other than Fedor. He knows first hand what they are and are not doing. But I also think no fighter should stay with one Trainer/Camp permanently as this causes the fighters growth to become stagnant. I feel fighters should only stay with a Trainer/Camp till they feel their growth has slowed then move to a new Trainer/Camp. I think this is a problem with a lot of fighters. Imagine where the Diaz brothers would be now if they had changed camps a year or two ago and joined a camp with a strong wrestling base.

THis is what will be Ryan Baders downfall I have said he needs some submission defense...He isnt gonna get it with Dollaway, Simpson and didt they say Lawler trained with them before his fight....

Thats why watch out for Ben Askren training at Duke Roufus...Where Pettis trains and other strikers...

Post #5   8/2/11 7:43:54PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:
at firs ti was gonna say he was just making excuses for his brother.. but i gotta say after a second though he probably is speaking out to some legitimate dissatisfaction.. however its fedor not him who was in that ring and fedor hasn't said ****

Post #6   8/2/11 9:53:20PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
While the MMA game evolves daily, Fedor's game has actually gotten worse. I have to agree with his Bro here. If you don't evolve with the game...you will lose....continually. Evolve or retire.

Post #7   8/2/11 11:25:37PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:

Posted by Patchedup15

at firs ti was gonna say he was just making excuses for his brother.. but i gotta say after a second though he probably is speaking out to some legitimate dissatisfaction.. however its fedor not him who was in that ring and fedor hasn't said ****

we all know Fedor..he doesnt make any kinda excuse..Fedors a proud man that never speaks ill of anyone, no matter how much sh*t u talk to him..and i'm sure Alex is speakin the truth..brother love man..im sure he wants the best for Fedor..

Post #8   8/3/11 2:37:54AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Yeah im thinking there's alot of merit to what Alex is saying. But Fedor would never acknowledge it, not in his character. As a Fedor fan for years, one thing ive always thought is he's loyal to a fault... but thats also an attribute that is a product of his personality, which I respect a ton. Torn.

Post #9   8/3/11 5:50:51PM