Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Unemployed Hendo wants Jones vs. Rampage winner

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
“I think that could be interesting going forward, a unification fight with the winner of that contest would be a good match,” Dan Henderson told Telegraph Sport from his home tonight.

“I’m the Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion, I’ve beaten Fedor, and I’m unemployed, so we’ll have to see what the talks are now after I’ve had a few weeks off. It’s not a bad position to be in though.”

LINK

Post #1   8/2/11 12:52:33PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
WOW.....

Post #2   8/2/11 1:09:02PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I like to see Henderson take on Jones. Henderson would have a legitimate chance. He has a good and tight stand up guard and he likes to work from the clinch versus shooting.

But if you want the real truth>>> I just want someone to beat Jones.

With great power comes great responsibilities - and so far Bones has not been able to control his power. He has misused his power when fighting Hamill and Vera.

IMO, Bones is not a competitor. He is literally in there to hurt people and end fighters' careers.

GSP is a competitor. He refrains from beating the life out of his opponents when they are seemingly defenseless. He has been taught well by his parents and his karate instructor(s).

I feel I have just opened a can of worms.

Post #3   8/2/11 1:40:24PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Not a bad position at all, Mr Hendo. I would love a rematch with rampage, the first one was good. A fight against Jones would be tough tho. Jones reach is such a deciding factor in every fight hes in. Plus he's a greco guy as well. Either fight is ok in my book. But I have a feeling he wants a rematch with page

Post #4   8/2/11 1:44:05PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

IMO, Bones is not a competitor. He is literally in there to hurt people and end fighters' careers.

GSP is a competitor. He refrains from beating the life out of his opponents when they are seemingly defenseless. He has been taught well by his parents and his karate instructor(s).

Yeah, you absolutely opened a can of worms. A pretty stinky can at that.

That's a pretty harsh (and inaccurate) assumption/accusation to make. I don't like Jones but I can guarantee you that he's not out to "end fighters' careers".

Post #5   8/2/11 1:46:13PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

That's a pretty harsh (and inaccurate) assumption/accusation to make. I don't like Jones but I can guarantee you that he's not out to "end fighters' careers".

ill just say I don't like Jones demeanor and leave it at that

Post #6   8/2/11 1:47:59PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Chips:
My recent history is a little fuzzy...was he let go by the UFC after smashing Bisping or was he asking for too much money?

I'm not sure that whooping Fedor is going to necessarily lead the UFC to want to fork over more $ than before. Personally, I think he's worth it, but I'm not calling the shots at Zuffa ( initiate dream sequence and harp music)....

Post #7   8/2/11 1:54:06PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by scoozna

My recent history is a little fuzzy...was he let go by the UFC after smashing Bisping or was he asking for too much money?

I'm not sure that whooping Fedor is going to necessarily lead the UFC to want to fork over more $ than before. Personally, I think he's worth it, but I'm not calling the shots at Zuffa ( initiate dream sequence and harp music)....

From what I remember, his contract was up after the Bisping fight and he was asking for $250,000 per fight in contract negotiations.

Post #8   8/2/11 1:56:45PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
And guys - let's keep the rude and disrespectful comments to ourselves. You're welcome to debate/argue, but please do so in a civil manner.

Post #9   8/2/11 1:57:51PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

From what I remember, his contract was up after the Bisping fight and he was asking for $250,000 per fight in contract negotiations.

Actually if you believe Dana, he was asking for significantly more than 250k.

That was likely the portion of his salary that would be public. From the article I read he was asking to be the highest paid fighter in the whole organization.

It did come from Dana's mouth though so take it for what its worth.

Link

Post #10   8/2/11 2:09:04PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

seems reasonable, Tito gets $450,000

Post #11   8/2/11 2:09:39PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like to see Henderson take on Jones. Henderson would have a legitimate chance. He has a good and tight stand up guard and he likes to work from the clinch versus shooting.

But if you want the real truth>>> I just want someone to beat Jones.

With great power comes great responsibilities - and so far Bones has not been able to control his power. He has misused his power when fighting Hamill and Vera.

So what do you want him to do, take it easy on people just because he is far more talented? Its the refs job to make sure no one gets hurt. Your also right about GSP; he is an amazing fighter that lacks a killer instinct. There was several times in the Bones/Hamill fight where Bones looked up at the ref like "are you really letting this continue". What do you want him to do get up and walk off? But I would like to see a Jones/Hendo fight. I can't really see anyone beating Bones right now but Hendo has as good of chance as any.

Last edited 8/2/11 2:18PM server time by tn_rebel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   8/2/11 2:16:36PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

He gets that now, because he gave up his cut of the PPV money. Hendo apparently wanted the 250k base pay and a sizeable chunk of the PPV money, Nobody knows what that PPV money is worth but likely in the millions. It was said that Randy was getting about 2 Million a fight when he was active in the UFC.

Besides, when Hendo left the UFC he was 3-2, pushing 40, and had already fought and lost to both title holders. At the time it didn't make sense to pay big money for him.

Things have changed since then, but really Hendo is stuck taking whatever Zuffa offers him now, there are no competitors who can come close to offering the money he'll likely want having beaten Fedor.

Post #13   8/2/11 2:23:13PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

I wonder what would happen if I said that...

but however I do like Jones hes my favorite...but lets be honest...When you go to fight someone you arent exactly trying to tickle them...Also being honest if you were to say that about Jones theres been a million fights where you can see that a guy is clearly out and they go in for those few extra shots...

The only actually class act I have seen as of late is Mitrione when he laid off the guy in his last fight...and he acknowledged it afterwards...

And please do not argue they are all caught up in the heat of battle...

Post #14   8/2/11 2:29:06PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

Tito actually has a fan base and most of the MMA fanbase just knows Tito...like
I said before when Pride was around my cable company didnt even have that option...You had to get direct TV...

At the last fight with Bader people cheered when Tito won...I was like really? Just pple who think they are old school....

Post #15   8/2/11 2:32:10PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4