Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2011 ABC Report on the Half Point MMA Scoring System

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Manak

Posted by prophecy033

I'm in favor of a half point system, but I'm not sure if that's gonna change the way the judges see the fight. How many time have the scores indicated that the judges don't understand what's going on during a fight? Too many to count. I would rather the commissions find judges that understand the mma game. I'm in favor of hiring only ex refs and ex fighters. It may prove difficult tho. This is just a suggestion and not a whole solution

i dont think u can do ex fighters because their judgment might be blurred by training partners or friends

You could do a conflict of interest check, and make the judge recuse himself if he had a connection to one of the fighters.

Post #16   8/2/11 7:47:40PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I actually really like this system.

I really like the ref signaling near submissions. The fact that they struck that part down shows (in their own words) that there is a lack of knowledge about the sport.

I think that the ref should not only signal subs, but do all of the grappling scoring. Just like in a submission grappling tournament. Its way more objective. The judges don't have to remember every significant action on the ground. Use a system like Abu Dabi's or NAGA's. Then there is no question who won actual grappling. The judges would just have to score striking (on the feet and ground) and agression/octagon control.

The one thing they don't understand is grappling. And from their vantage point (even if they did understand it) they can't see the finer points well enough to judge accurately. Let the ref score the points, he's right in the action.

Post #17   8/3/11 1:01:29AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2